It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 2016 - Where do you get your news?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
John Boehner?

Dear Weeper:

He's crying on the outside, but laughing on the inside.

Or someone just punched him in the jewels.

Either, or.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I get some news from ATS and from another forum where I am a member, some from TV (Euronews), while eating breakfast. As I listen to the radio all day, every day, I also get a good part of my daily dose from the radio.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have a file in Favorites called "Morning run".

In random order:

BBC, My email link, ATS, Urban Survival, Wunderground, RSO EDIS, Science Daily News, Space, Zerohedge, Unknown Country, Disinfo, Reuters.

After that, if I have time to waste, I wander into buzzfeed and radass and other boob-infused places. Hey, I'm old. I ain't dead.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
After that, if I have time to waste, I wander into buzzfeed and radass and other boob-infused places.

That's what I was thinking, why do people spend so much time getting news, nobody works here?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

good point! I find that my fingers are faster than the talking heads on the TV who give you teasers about what you're going to see next and then drag it out and, oh wait! you'll get your news story after! this! brief! commercial! break!

Bah! I can zoom through them all and find out the worst of what happened yesterday plus a few interesting tidbits faster than the monologue on CNN.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I get my news from a broad selection of 'newsish' sources. I do not accept any news-narrative though.

The narrative I leave to my own logical thinking. I did well enough in my logic classes in college and I am confident in determining for myself what 'the news' means...or if it means anything, at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Reddit isn't too bad - Yahoo sometimes, too. So far I just surf for "clearing house" sites....

I tried Yahoo today, couldn't stand them.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
well ... I use to get my news on ats. Due to the fact I am in the southern hemisphere, i often would post breaking news stories. We kind of had a core group here who did that.

Then ... one night while America was tucked up in bed, i came across a breaking news story regarding the American Embassy in Libya. The news was coming thick and fast about the Embassy being under attack etc. I posted a thread in the "breaking news" forum. ATS was one of the first sites to be breaking this news on the internet.

I then had a mod on here get into an argument with me over whether it was really "breaking news" .... and promptly moved it into the "middle eastern" forum. Despite my protests that this was going to be a MASSIVE story, which by the way i was correct, they would not have a bar of it. It was just a minor event and moved it into the "middle East" forum. Others also protested at this stupid position taken, and the core of us who would keep this site up to date with the latest breaking big news stories simply stopped bothering.

Sour grapes in this post ....yes, probably. But the mod who played "mightier than thou" in declaring this was a nothing story has never apologised or admitted that this story is probably one of the biggest in this decade that still has ramifications to this day.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Reddit isn't too bad - Yahoo sometimes, too. So far I just surf for "clearing house" sites....

I tried Yahoo today, couldn't stand them.

Ah good points you too. I don't try to get my news from Yahoo, but two of my email accounts are with Yahoo, so I get some news flashes everyday when I log in. I'm being influenced by Yahoo unintentionally. Although, it appears that the surface news I get is unbiased and overly Entertainment Crap News.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Everywhere/everything I can, and then apply skeptical filters as necessary, cross-reference etc.

There's honestly no longer a single news outlet I take at face value anymore, sadly.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
For national & international: BBC, Guardian, Independent, IBT, occasionally Al Jazeera. And Vice for in-depth stuff.
For local: various local news stations & papers.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The intelligence report that i read recently indicated that rt.com was worth a look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join