It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plato wrote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I sat there in the classroom, like a kid at his first day at school. I already had imagined what i was gonna learn and i was gonna tell my teacher you are all wrong. My teacher stepped into the room, a skinny guy, with glasses, the kinda goofy look you wouldnt think held a key to a world of, well, a kingdom only an invited is allowed into.. So his first words was:

“All I know is that I know nothing, these words were written by Plato and said by Socrates and i know that you think Socrates wrote them" His first words made me realize he was gonna take me on a journey of being a teacher and a mentor to a mad man.. I knew somehow his goal was to make the balance my nature into a world of the Kingdom of God.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kisin

Returning to Plato's Cave to free chained souls. Here, come with me, things are not at all what they seem.

But the light, its so bright… it stings my eyes.

Don't worry silly its just the sun, you'll get used to it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Its so weird when you return, its not that i dont blame them.. Only problem is, they will hang you as a lunatic when coming back.. Usually the ones who think they got out is in a rabbit hole that would make alice in wonderland look like normal..

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

“All I know is that I know nothing, these words were written by Plato and said by Socrates...

I prefer the translation in which Socrates said, "I know I don't know."

It's a real koan and therefore much deeper.

"I know I don't know."

Then....you still don't know?

Thomas Mann, in his novel Der Zauberberg, let one of his characters say this (translated into english by me):

"The paradox is the last spark of a rotten mind."

Thomas Mann... and Herman Hesse...those where the days were people got the literature noble-prize for the right reasons.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

But by knowing that he knows something not nothing...

top topics

join