It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad, Sputnik interview - 31March

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Pretty tough talk coming from Assad, he even looks refreshed and alert to the situation.
www.rt.com...

The army of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is currently fighting in Syria, but the country is ready to respond to the aggression, Syrian

Turkey, as well as Saudi Arabia, have "crossed all possible red lines, possibly from the first weeks of the Syrian war," Assad said.

"Today, the war against Erdogan and against Saudi Arabia is a war against terrorists. The Turkish army, which is not even Turkish, is Erdogan's army that is fighting today in Syria," he added.

Erdogan is directly supporting the terrorists as “he allows them to move into Turkish territory, to carry out maneuvers with tanks,” the Syrian president said.

And you do have to admit, the US seems quiet about the liberation of Palymra - no one wanted Assad to regain Palmyra...

With Turkey alerting people to leave the South and the US pulling its personnel, seems they arent ready to give up on the ousting of Assad

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Just read the article on RT about Assad on Anakara and Ryad, considering all that's gone on in his country he's remained eloquent and composed in all his interviews without giving any knee jerk reactions to any questions posed to him, if he wasn't a supposedly evil dictator I'd even go as far as saying that he'd be a model for all politicians on how to act.

It's strange though, I actually like the guy, he speaks sense and seems very diplomatic, but I like Putin also, another character the West likes to demonise but commands more respect and has more integrity than any of our Western leaders.

I do wonder however with ISIS almost destroyed in the region are we going to witness the Western powers ramping up their efforts again to overthrow Assad ?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's a bit shameful the way the US and the rest of the West try to portray leaders of enemy regimes as despotic, dictatorial, evil tyrants while looking the other way with more "friendly" countries.

Maybe Assad is a terrible human being, but is he any worse than Erdogan? From what I can gather, Assad seems far-and-away a much more reasonable person than Erdogan- that guy seems to be an unhinged megalomaniac.

Also, I really love the push for democracy in Syria, but for Saudi Arabia? Oh, no no no. Politicians express rightful condemnation of ISIS beheadings, yet ignore the fact that the Saudis hold more, perhaps upwards of double, executions? Ludicrous.

There are cries for human rights abuses to stop in North Korea, but our good ol' Saudi pals toss gays off buildings, execute teenage political prisoners, refuse to allow women to drive, and do allegedly horrendous things in Yemen? Seriously? Since Malaysia is our trade partner, is it ok that our governments look the other way to the fact they use slave labor in electronics manufacturing and are a key nation involved in human trafficking across the Asian pacific?

Do we as citizens not have any backbone left when confronting the hypocrisy, or is the cognitive dissonance just that crippling? Am I out-of-line here in my outrage over this #e?
edit on 31-3-2016 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FatherStacks

Do we as citizens not have any backbone left when confronting the hypocrisy, or is the cognitive dissonance just that crippling? Am I out-of-line here in my outrage over this #e?

I share your outrage, however this is the world we live in. Proof is no longer enough either. Many question the validity of non western news organizations, and claim it's just propaganda. Seems the info battle is so pervasive that even when you're right your wrong.

I like Assad and find him very intelligent and well spoken. He stands in the way of the west's agenda and thus was targeted. Everyday RT publishes proof of Turkeys deep involvement with ISIS but the west stays quiet.

new topics

top topics

join