It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our UK Madness Forum.... what happened???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Right bit of "board business" that I think needs to be taken care of.

I wrote a Thread on this last year basically requesting that the staff of ATS set up a "UK Madness forum" that would sit on the main board along side the "American Political Madness" forum. The response from the membership was very positive at the time and then we got this promise from SkepticOverlord last year saying that:

Several new forums will be added for a more global flavor to ATS, including Canadian Politics, UK Politics, EU Politics, Australian Politics, and Asia.

Link

Now its a year later and despite other threads also calling for the creation of a UK Madness forum (or a UK/EU Madness forum) there has not been a wiff of anyone actually taking the time to create this new forum and I have also contacted the staff about this without a reply (about 6 moths ago, maybe longer).

I hate to go on about this but we need a little bit of sanctuary on ATS away from the Americanised discussion that dominates the boards, a forum where the threads are not all about Trump, Guns and everything else American.

I can see no reason why we cannot have such a forum and as such I now formally reach out to Skepticoverlord to ask why we do not have such a forum or when we can expect to have such a forum created?

Seems very unfair that every four years there is a whole forum dedicated to the American election yet we don not have one that caters to UK (and EU) members.

THIS NEEDS FIXED!!!
edit on 31-3-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I shall go and get a green pen from the writing desk and after a couple of cups of tea compose a very stiff and forthright letter to the editor and our Britannic majesty, that is assuming the archers isn't being disturbed by all this cricket malarkey on the radio.

Those people do need to understand what what that this planet is still property of the British empire what what and if john foreigner doesn't like it then he can go back to his hell hole before he gets a taste of both barrels of my fox hunting gun.

Yours

Major Smithe-toffingdon, 3rd Indian Fusiliers

Ward 3 Kensington mental institution

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Flagged.

You'll have to show patience and allow SO to work out a good way to do this.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Agreed. Too much Trump, guns and racial conflict. We need sanctuary!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Flagged.

You'll have to show patience and allow SO to work out a good way to do this.

Could the regional politics forum not just be renamed and upgraded from BTS?

He will not stop you know.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The people voted and we still have your union jack in our flag. Giving you a virtual star tho as I can't seem to star anyone.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I haven't crossed paths with you for a while my friend. I agree screw Trumpty Dumpty and his bloody Mexican wall. Although I actually have no problems with our American buddies, it would be nice to have a forum where we all spell with the Queen's English (well most of the time) and can discuss the finer things of British life.

Sorry I couldn't help digging it up again for a cheap laugh.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Hmm, weather forum you say? Sounds good to me.

A Euro forum would be great. There's plenty going on to keep it busy and I reckon loads of us would use it and learn from it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

If you click here the whole picture will become clearer.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Jolly good!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've had a lot of weather here today and I demand the right to talk about it!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

WHAT DO WE WANT!!!

The right to talk about the weather.

WHEN DO WE WANT IT!!!

As soon as it clears up a bit, it is really quite frightful outside at the moment.
edit on 1-4-2016 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: Painterz

WHAT DO WE WANT!!!

The right to talk about the weather.

WHEN DO WE WANT IT!!!

As soon as it clears up a bit, it is really quite frightful outside at the moment.

As a Scot you have no need to talk about the weather it is simple for you.

Overcast or raining.

Summer is on 23 of August this year, from just after lunch until just after 3.

It's cold.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

you sure about that thought Summer was November 18th on a leap year?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That long? better hope the sunscreens ready as otherwise there will be a rush at a&e with sunburn along with calls to police for an UFO in the sky which looks a bit like a very bright yellow ball.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I was going to add something to that list. Nope. Can't think of anything, that about sums up life in the UK.

Well, except for Dr. Who and Torchwood. Or maybe a forum to complain about the BBC and discuss pirate radio stations.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sooooo emmmmm hello.... Are we getting our forum or not????

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Heck I am a yank and I would be interested in the goings on of our cousins across the pond...

Used to find a great deal of amusement watching the ... House of commons (I think) on I believe C-span, most entertained I have ever been when it comes to politics.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

top topics

join