It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early morning Bern. Sanders to visit Pittsburgh at 10 am est.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is a heads up for Western Pennsylvania. At 10:30 EST. Bernie Sanders will be at the convention Center, in downtown Pittsburgh. I expect it to go ok. Perhaps some minor public issues unlike we have been seeing with Trump town hall meetings.

News link.
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

I'm not sure when and if Donald Trump is coming here in the near future. But over the last 2 weeks. I have been getting recorded and non-recorded phone calls on average of 5-9 times a day from Trump campaigns and Sanders. Hillary was already here a few months ago. These calls are suggesting that Pennsylvania is a "KEY" state in this ridiculous race to the white house.

An excerpt.

"At the Sanders’ campaign office on the South Side, supporters are busy making calls. The same is true at Hillary Clinton’s office in East Liberty."

Now for Hillary's campaign. She is not popular here Via the coal industry. However very popular among women or otherwise.
An excerpt from Hillary's Camp.

“We’re going to be knocking on doors and making phone calls,” said Moe Shatara, a field organizer for the Hillary for Pennsylvania campaign. “At the end of the day, this is a grass roots campaign. We’re really confident about what’s happening here in Pennsylvania, but we’re not taking anything for granted.”

So I will be mowing grass in the rain. And avoiding the door. Phone will be off the hook. I was up at 7:45 am trying to get my boys fed (my 3 weimaraners). And didn't even get my first cup of coffee before getting 1 call from Trump at 8am, and 1 call from Sanders 5 minutes later.

Enjoy the rest of the day ATS.
BB out!😉

edit on 31-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

To add: Sanders office is in the south side. This is college bar crawl pot smoking central. Very popular strip of bars and restaurants just across the river from 4 big colleges. And cheap housing for students.

Hillary's office is on the East Liberty. High crime rate, and high in Welfare Recipients.

So both Campaigns being in thier neighborhoods was by design and no coincidence.

edit on 31-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: Correction of Hillary's office still high in crime

Mods it appears it might be better in u.s. political madness.
edit on Fri Apr 1 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited first line to last line.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hi Neighbor!

I bet on the city campi (Pitt, CMU, Duquesne, heck even Carlow and Chatham) it was "get out of class free day."

The real telling campaign stop will Trumps. Will the same kollege kiddies take the day off to protest?

Fun times ahead til the end of April when we get to vote.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Lol.. you really are from here😅 N@ !

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Yep...I came to ATS this morning to post this (re Wendy Bell firing from WTAE)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Ps, wonder if Sanders will say "yinz all vote for me!")

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
Yep...I came to ATS this morning to post this (re Wendy Bell firing from WTAE)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Ps, wonder if Sanders will say "yinz all vote for me!")

Thread Drift! Way better news!
Yes I dropped my thread and ran to Glinda's

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Update here.
www.wtae.com...

No incidents so far😊

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Pretty sure early morning berning is a medical condition, you might want to have that looked into.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

😆thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

He did a good job. I don't agree with a lot of his message, but I respect his consistency. And his message today in Pittsburgh was spot on due to job losses (for the Rust Belt--the last 30'years here). He hits many of the same points that Trump does on trade. Any wonder why Ds and Rs (the UniParty) are out to STOP the both of them.

Well done.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I think from at least the conversations here in town. And even here on ATS. Trump and Sanders are not the chosen ones. This was out of the blue. Rep's didn't have a good candidate that the people could relate to. While the Dem's want Hillary for whatever backdoor deals she's making. She's already changed her stance on the coal industry twice...

Sanders is sticking to his guns. However free college which would be awesome. But somebody has to pay for it. He's targeting big companies to tax. That will make big business here in the U.S. run right to China, Mexico, Canada, India and so on. That's the threat companies are making.

Example: UPMC Healthcare is big in pittsburgh. Billion dollar business. But corporate office has an out of county office and has not paid taxes. The mayor is working on getting that changed so we can get schools funded and back on track.... so long as Harrisburg gets thier butts together, quit stone walling a freaking Budget Legislation.
But that's another thread.

Trump wants Mexico to pay for a wall. And not going along with other Rep's. He will get us in a war that we can't afford or want.
This is why I went from Republican to independent. The 2 parties refuse to work together. From the top tier, right down to state and local. Now I got to really pick and chose. And won't matter.
This is why. These 2 are so far left and right.. I personally have no idea how I'm going to vote. But I will be sweating my butt off at the polls.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

We are turning this into a "yinzer" thread...but many (valid) political topics to discuss.

I think Peduto is very good for Pittsburgh (in terms of fiscal matters). I thought he lost his mind when he jumped on the Obama "refugees" bandwagon back when he said "give us more! Many more!" No. Vetting is done best on small scale and very thoroughly. Other than that, he is worlds above his predecessor, Ravenstahl.

I missed the opening news conference...was John Fetterman there? He would be hard to miss even in a large crowd. He is awesome and NOT being given a chance by DNC ops as even Obama and Biden have endorsed McGinty (guess it's her "turn."). Fetterman had endorsed Sanders. And as someone who does lean right/libertarian I really can totally see the good JF has brought to Braddock.

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Ha! Yinzer thred😆
Those immigrants are over in Etna and Sharpsburg. The houses were vacant and back tax issue. They couldn't get them rented. So it was ideal. Folks in Shaler twp. We're ok with it.

John Fetterman IS AEWSOME! he's saving Braddock with cleaning it up. Doing the Levi's Strauss comercial. Getting good restaurants to his region and other businesses too. Reversing a bankrupt township. Havard, Albright college with a masters. Now running for senate.

en.m.wikipedia.org...(politician)
johnfetterman.com...~Fetterman~for~Senate&gclid=CjwKEAjwlfO3BRDR4Pj_u-iO2U0SJAD88y1SCXFf DB7qM63NFxJ1Uv_XPEx298KeUA7D5hxZEAYSxRoCSkLw_wcB

Looks aside. This guy has worked his a$$ off. 👍
And I didn't see him there. But I didnt think to look till just now mentioned it.

It's hard to have to pay attention to all current candidates for both parties.
Then have stroke at the polls trying to decide.😰

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Nice

top topics

join