It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Dear Crappy America: I’m Glad You Hate…everyone (sarcasm)

page: 1

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:00 AM
Just thought I would post a response to the garbage posted earlier.

Dear America,

I am one person who happens to have been born in England in 1976.

America was always an amazing place presented to us English growing up and it features on mine (and many of my family and friends) bucket lists. Christmas (Thanksgiving) looks awesome, like our Christmas, what could you not love about it.

Time Square and New York in Winter...Central Park and Broadway, the Empire State and new WTC. You know I love London and Paris for weekends way, if NY was closer I would love that as much.

My town has an old Victorian theme park and piers with some modernization but I have always wanted to go to Florida for the Theme Parks, I think it has reset modern amusement and the world has followed, you made amusement parks great.

I had the good fortune to go to Washington DC and visit the Museums, Land Marks and other attractions, it was as good as London but in a different way, you cannot pretend you are 1000 years old, but so what, age does not mean superiority, your monuments were fantastic.

We get some great music from the US (and Canada) and it is testament to the US that pretty much every British musician is bench marked against their US sales.

Finally and where I will become unpopular to many in the West, I utterly respect your commitment to global operations. I remember watching Blackhawk Down and thinking "why did the world have to react behind a force of US Marines".

We all seem to sit on the fence sh1tting it until America says enough is enough, and then if it doesnt work out we bag America.

I make no excuses for American Government foreign policy, we the British followed GWB Jnr into a crap war in Iraq and Afg as did many others, does that mean I hate fellow Brits or Europeans?? No, we just dont have the control we think we have and yet we pay the americans out for the same thing.

I am not apologizing on behalf of anyone, I just wanted to post this in the hope that everyone will agree that of course we have differences. If i put this in a perspective, if I draw a line from Liverpool to Edinburgh (with a few bends) you will go through Liverpool (scousers) Manchester (mancs) Huddersfield (yorks), Newcastle (Geordies) and Edinb (jocks) all of which want to hate each other in one corner of England.

We dont hate America, we love you guys.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:10 AM
a reply to: Forensick

Edinburgh is not in a little corner of England

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:10 AM
*cough* suck-up! *cough*

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:26 AM
Well said mate!
We also followed America into Libya and America is now blaming Europe for the mess in Libya? maybe they should rethought about a tyrant.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:36 AM
one thing Euros misunderstand about Americans, while yes we have some people that are well traveled... the majority of Americans may leave the country 1 or 2 times. It took me a couple trips out of the country to learn how to behave as the rest of the world expects, I never meant to offend anyone but I am sure I did.

While I noticed living in Germany that travel outside of your home country is the normal (assuming you can afford it) so folks grow up seeing different cultures, speaking multiple languages, and having a better understanding of how to function outside their normal.

Some thought are like me... I have a bit of a southern accent, I dress whats comfortable for me and don't really care..I try very hard to be polite and even attempt to speak the local language but I can barely speak English so you can guess how that goes. Ultimately I scream american even if I never open my mouth...

Went to Montserrat last October, groups of kids there called me cowboy every time they saw me... may have been mocking may not I don't know; my Spanish is mix of mexican spanish and french.. I would just smile give a thumbs up or a wave, or do something equally goofy to get a laugh.

All that said... I dont know... lost my train of thought, need more caffeine I think.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:18 AM

F&S for your OP!!

Take my word for it, we don't hate you either.

That's not to say that we don't have a very vocal, right wing minority of low information voters who still believe that fear equals respect and who promote military force as the answer to all their problems. It's the ultimate expression of their "my way or the highway" mentality.

It's the very same group of people who shunned France, (the only nation that came to our defense during our fight for independence from England) when they refused to buy into G.W. Bush's Iraq war based on lies. Even going so far as to rename French fries as "freedom fries" here in America and who now pretend to be France's best friend.

Yes, I'm talking about the far right fringes of our Republican Party currently represented by the likes of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.

Just know that they will only be your friend so long as you agree to blindly support their doctrine of hatred & bigotry and they'll turn on you, the second you don't.

As I'm sure you already know, that mentality has been present here in America since our very inception and it's not an easy thing to completely eliminate. Especially in a world where most everything is driven by fear.

Just know that those who embrace that mentality here in the U.S. represent a fringe minority of Americans.

And you can rest assured that the vast majority of Americans support, love & welcome Europeans to our nation.

Pay no attention to the bigots behind the curtain.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:36 AM

America has Chuck Norris, UK has James Bond.

Can we call it a tie and be done with it?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:56 PM

Apparently the poor chap in "that" thread is a known troll.

I stand by my words there.

I love America.

top topics