It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Is Dead in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I do believe that democracies aren't all that democratic.

And when I read of Demos' opinions, I'm not so sure it's a bad thing sometimes.

Is that.. politically incorrect? hah

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Which particular opinions are you talking about?

Just curious.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Mostly cosmogony, geometry, politics, science, morality, education, defence, medicine, culture, and cuisine.

Also many other topics less relevant to government policy.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

And privacy. Good lord, privacy..

I've read on this very website opinions seemingly popular along the lines of "privacy isn't important because mine is dull"

augh

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The trouble I am having here, is that I am trying to understand you specifically, but you are not giving me any specific examples. As an example, accept, because it is simply the truth, that street level fans of actual democracy are also fans of liberty. Which way you vote for a president does not, in anyway indicate ones willingness to be monitored by the intelligence services. We know this because both Republican and Democrat presidents have presided over intolerable abuses of liberty in that regard.

So what, SPECIFICALLY, is it that you disagree with democrats on?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It's been that way for a while. People are so busy being scared and outraged that they forget one thing: We're supposed to be the good guys.

Despite any claims to the contrary, torture produces very little useable information. As in...if I'm tortured long enough, I'll admit that Betsy Ross was my first wife, I shot and killed Kennedy (and Lincoln too, I might add) not to mention I conspired to crash the stock market in 1929. Yes, torture has a way of making anyone admit to anything, or confess to crimes that they didn't commit.

But the general American public doesn't see that. This takes me back to a Batman movie...where Batman has the Joker in the interrogation room...and he's literally beating the crap out of him to find out where the bombs are...I walked out of the movie at that point...because people were actually cheering at this. Yes it's a movie, but the point is...when someone, anyone is in CUSTODY, that makes those who have them CUSTODIANS of their care. The high road is not that hard to take. Causing harm to someone will not reverse the harm that the individual caused.

While it makes me sick knowing that there are those out there who will willingly torture, kill, maim, rape, or cause other harm all because of a belief system, I refuse to stoop to their level. I am better than that. I'm an American. I'm a former Marine. I have honor. If someone is in my custody, they will be treated well. They will be clothed and fed, and I will stand between them and those who would cause them harm until such a time as my custodianship is removed. I'm not a judge, nor a jury, nor an executioner. And the America that allowed me to wear a Marine Corps uniform would not have allowed me to act as such.

Sadly, that America has devolved into this one.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

As an example, accept, because it is simply the truth, that street level fans of actual democracy are also fans of liberty. Which way you vote for a president does not, in anyway indicate ones willingness to be monitored by the intelligence services. We know this because both Republican and Democrat presidents have presided over intolerable abuses of liberty in that regard. So what, SPECIFICALLY, is it that you disagree with democrats on?

Many do equate democracy worth liberty, and it's good to do so because it's a step in the involvement within the political game, which has several degrees in itself.

Clearly some public services are superfluous and liberty is good to have.
Specifically, democrats insist that elected officials have powers that the demos does not have, which reduces their cratic exercice. And they do it whether or not people vote a lot, and sometimes they'll recount the votes until they're right about who won democracy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join