It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We truly are infindels...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
An Israeli oil firm (Sonol) has been awarded a lucrative contract ($80M) to supply the US forces with 25 million liters of fuel monthly. Industry experts are baffled why Israel has been chosen for the deal when Turkey supplied northern Iraq with around 300,000 metric tons of gas over the course of six months last year, a deal estimated at $70 to $80 million.

Israeli Oil Company Gets Lucrative Contract in Iraq

Here's the problemo folks. ISRAEL has no OIL! They don't have any, Israel imports all of its oil so what are they doing in Iraq supplying fuel to the US? Nice little picture we're painting for the Iraqi resistance/insurgents. Sure, let's invite Israel to come play, I'm sure Iraqi's would love the idea of that.

Capture those hearts and minds you Tricky, Dick.. Cheney

[edit on 12-1-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Israel may have no crude reserves, but it does have oil refineries. Crude oil is useless without being refined. Refined product in the area is needed, so I would think Israel would be a natural supplier.

[edit on 1/12/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't agree with the infidel statement over this issue, but you would think common sense maybe some logic would have been used before involving Israel into Iraq.

This is the kind of stuff that just drives the islamic extremists and justify what they feel are their greivances.

Let's give them more reasons to hate us and believe that we are one sided in our Israeli/Palestinian support

Right now, other neighboring countries, preferably Turkey or others who have a large muslim population should be involved in Iraq.

If we want to support Israel, we can still do it, but have the imports come here, not iraq.

Once again logic seems elude us.......tsk..tsk..tsk..

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, if you want to start Armageddon and the end of times war just get the muslin infuriated with the infidels soiling their lands.

I am starting to see the big picture about what Mr. Bush is planning and how to get there.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
This is the kind of stuff that just drives the islamic extremists and justify what they feel are their greivances.

The Islamic extremists are going to hate us no matter what we do, so why should we worry about what they think? The last thing we should think about is getting their approval, or their blessing. I don't care what the Islamic extremists' opinions are!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
The Islamic extremists are going to hate us no matter what we do, so why should we worry about what they think? The last thing we should think about is getting their approval, or their blessing. I don't care what the Islamic extremists' opinions are!

Exactly. Who cares?

Anyway, as soon as Syria gets a regime change, there can be a long-awaited Mosul-Haifa oil pipeline. Maybe the US is showing disapproval of Turkey's Iran policy.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sure Islamic extremists will continue hating us no matter what we do abroad, heck we're at war aren't we? My concerns lay with the words for which they preach to normal Islamic/Muslim good hearted people. In fact this action by our administration will benefit those extremists to "win the hearts and minds" of Islam during an uncertain war. Was it not a target objective to find "weapons of mass destruction" and to win over "the hearts and minds" of Iraqi people?

Either way, you are not making friends in the middle east under any circumstances, by inviting Israel to come play in Babylon.

Those are acts of true infidels

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
one liter is approx. 0.26 gallons

assuming they are spending 80 million monthly for the 25 million liters per month they are spending ~$3.20 per liter. which when converted to gallons turns out to be $12.11 per gallon of oil.

This $12.11 price is before

www.icta.org...

(1) Tax Subsidization of the Oil Industry
(2) Government Program Subsidies
(3) Protection Costs Involved in Oil Shipment and Motor Vehicle Services
(4) Environmental, Health, and Social Costs of Gasoline Usage
(5)Other Important Externalities of Motor Vehicle Use

Who knows how much the price per gallon turns out after that.

Are we paying too much for oil on purpose?

Note: The average cost of oil is ~$5.00-15.00 after factoring in all the above.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Turkey didn't get the deal because they refused to let us attack Iraq from their country, making us move to further down the "road". Costing us lots of money.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Why care about what hostiles think?

There's the old saying, "know thy enemy," for one. And there are other concerns, usually described as "politics." It's easy to just emphasize the limitations of politics (we all know politics sucks in a gut-level sense)

But that doesn't explain much. Hostiles can change. You can change, I can change. And we usually do. Angry one day, agreeable the next. Just like the people of the world anywhere.

We are all ambassadors to America or ambassadors to modern thought and modern hopes.

Trade exists, worldwide.

It is never a good strategy to refuse to identify with the so-called enemy, at least conditionally. Learning is invaluable.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. One of the best pieces of non-logic ever.

Why do the Islamic extremists hate you (non-FOX news reason).

Already raped their countries, stationed troops in their holiest places, invaded their lands. They already hate us for all that stuff so why not just go the whole way? Hey, let's invade France, then they'll hate us and we can do what we want and it won't matter cos they don't like us anyway.

Maybe if you carried yourselves with some dignity and compassion they wouldn't hate you in the first place.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think you're confusing regular Muslims with the Islamic extremists. They're two different groups of people.

I care about what the regular Muslims think, and want to live in peace with them. But the Islamic extremists? No. Terrorists and murderers don't deserve to be heard, no matter what religion (if any) they endorse. I'd no sooner listen to what an Islamic extremist has to say than I would a Nazi, or a dictator.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I think you're confusing regular Muslims with the Islamic extremists. They're two different groups of people.

I care about what the regular Muslims think, and want to live in peace with them. But the Islamic extremists? No. Terrorists and murderers don't deserve to be heard, no matter what religion (if any) they endorse. I'd no sooner listen to what an Islamic extremist has to say than I would a Nazi, or a dictator.

For a moment, can I suggest we look at all the dynamic aspects of being an extremist? One could almost suggest we're the perfect example of a democracy type extremist nation. I mean the two sides to this war are almost identical when they associate gods, wills and the classification of your enemy as being "evil", which are very extreme measures in justifying a greater cause. Are we truly infidels? I would certainly hope not! but after reading up on our current intentions for the post-war Iraq, the message our administration is sending out to the world and Iraqi's is very clear.

We're in this for profit and long-term exploitation.

Amid Talk of Withdrawal, Pentagon Is Taking Steps For Longer Stay in Iraq

Remember the message our government is relaying to us (America/West) is very much different than that of our actions that we're carrying out. Now don't get me wrong, I'm on your side when it comes to the declassifcation of regular Muslims with the Islamic extremists. It's not right and regular Americans/democracy should never consider accepting the Islamic extremist way. With that being said, a burning question remains.

Should regular Muslims be forced to accept our extreme American/democracy ideals?

[edit on 17-1-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer

--> We're in this for profit and long-term exploitation.

top topics

join