It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Still Love America. It's Not the Donuts.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

A sentiment echoed often by people around the world.

Americans as people are well liked.

Those who are awake over here hate our government too. They're ruining us.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It always amazes me that Americans think their constitution sets them apart from the rest of the world. The fact is many countries have had the same thing in place for hundreds of years. It was based on our Magna Carta.

Americans love America the way a beaten wife still loves her abusing husband. They blindly carry on with a bruised smile convinced that underneath it all he is still a good guy while hanging on to some deluded idea that once long ago things were better while the rest of us just shake our heads in embarrassment for them.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Wait, wasn't the Magna Carta a document written by nobility, for protection of the rights of the nobility?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
America...I really wish that my grandchildren could be raised in the same
America that I grew up in.

Yea, I grew up in a great time, and in a great place. I didn't own slaves, if there were gay folks around, they didn't put on a pink dress and prance around looking for attention, and everyone was just looking for a good time. Kids weren't shooting up schools, yet guns still existed. Parent's worked hard and tried to teach their kids the same. Parent's usually stayed married. Divorce was kind of rare. I really wish others here could look at the bright side instead of sticking their head in the toilet for the view.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt

Wait, wasn't the Magna Carta a document written by nobility, for protection of the rights of the nobility?

Indeed it was, just as the US constitution is written by landed white male gentry for protection of same

yet Phoenix's point is that Americans are dumb bitches

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

A point I don't agree with, as only a large majority of Americans fit that description perfectly

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I have to wonder about anyone that paints all Americans with the same brush.. I mean have you ever actually ever traveled in the states?

I ask because our cultures vary as wildly as they do in Europe... its funny how some people will get all bent out of shape because an American says something wrong about Europe then do exactly what they got upset about when talking about Americans.

Its a weird old thing ..

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: mamabeth
America...I really wish that my grandchildren could be raised in the same
America that I grew up in.

Ah yes. One with hatred of Blacks. Misogyny. Killing of Gay people. What a great era to espouse your grandchildren. If you go back 50 years more you can have ALL those groups killed at will. Wouldn't that be cool to teach your grandchildren?

Nice false generalization...you know it wasn't like that in every single inch of America, I never understood or saw racism till I left my home town. were there bad places yup... no doubt.. were there places that didnt have these issues YES...but dont let that stop you in your I hate america parade..its getting repetitive might want to change it up a bit.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

. The hundred billion people who graced this earth throughout history had mostly lived their lives in fear... and our new nation sought to put an end to that

I don't know how you had the nerve to write that.

A country born and founded on slavery. Your having a laff.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

A country born and founded on slavery. Your having a laff.

I partake in the laff and add:

said country is sustained by employment at low wages, aka paying people enough to sleep (a little bit) and eat ( korn™ and caged birds/cows pumped full of "meds").

which is ultimate slavery, original slaves were not vaccinated and were less exposed to propaganda.. they could also hope for the possibility of being freed, which while rare doesn't happen with employment as often, and not choose between paying the television tax and eating, because they ate as a matter of fact, foods that didn't contain as much poison, and their work, while menial and often demeaning, has purpose: look at the people in cubicles, who if they didn't go to work would starve to death but nothing else would change, and know they accomplish nothing.

ha

Slaves who believe they're free (until the thinking starts and they get a prescription for zombinol)
the ultimate hell

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You missed the whole spirit of my post to bash America.

That's a bit unpolished.

The Magna Carter? Perhaps. But more the Greeks, I'm sorry to say.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Never mind... dont feel like getting in a pissing match with people that hate america that much.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Irishhaf because: cause

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I believe network dude pretty well nailed it ....." I really wish others here could look at the bright side instead of sticking their head in the toilet for the view."

As I read any article, I have over time discerned the methods of speech from those I come in contact with, as well as friends, and how certain individuals participate in that speech, and to discern any truth which might lie within. The keenest to show me the ways of the universe are loady, unemployed, 20 somethings with lots of time on their hands. Having watched every documentary, or pseudo- documentary, and knowing every advertisement word for word, their world is filled with useless trivia. And in their usual euphoric states, incline them to think that their proclamations/parroting are of the greatest galactic significance. As though it were information kept hidden only for the eyes of the initiate or the gods.

A lot of 'they' and 'what people don't understand' uttered in their proclamations is being used to insulate themselves socially and mentally from the population at large, they are 'special snowflakes'. Listening to them one would think that everyone beyond their small circle of friends and family....... had recently came down from the trees.

Generally these people are not too bad to be around, they seem to negate any 'awkward moments of silence' at least ...lol. I don't lend much credence to these people, and in fact once they start with all the ills of the earth and assign blame to 'they' or 'what people don't understand" it's a clue for me that if I have something important, now would be a good time to leave.

The people who truly make up America are not these loafers. But instead those willing to take chances, those active in community and those with moral character.
Those who work for a living, those with their lives invested in the community and country.

So it really all just amounts to who your asking, or who is offering their opinion.
If America (the United States) is so crappy a destination and lifestyle.....? ...... then why are our borders being inundated by illegals ? There is simply no shortage of malcontents willing to bash and decry America, whiling away the day stoned, stupid and unemployed. In America you can do that............ not very productive. Every country has its system gaming parasites, it's just that America's big heart allows far to much career opportunity as said malcontent/loafer. Sadly we must suffer them.
edit on 1-4-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Wasnt the constitution based on confederacy constitution, which was based on a Native American tribe's laws? I forgot the tribe name. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. It was simply something I've read before.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Every country has its system gaming parasites, it's just that America's big heart allows far to much career opportunity as said malcontent/loafer. Sadly we must suffer them.

Like the people who wrote the constitution then?
Not everyone can boast being stoned and unemployed, that's pretty out of social norms, you'd haver to at least win at capitalism and convince the police that you can be high and not stoned.
Stupid people can't do this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join