It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol Union Endorses...Guess Who?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
For the first time ever the U.S. Border Patrol Union makes an endorsement for a presidential candidate:

The national union that represents more than 16,000 agents of the United States Border Patrol issued its first-ever endorsement of a presidential candidate on Wednesday by throwing its support behind Republican Donald Trump.

I've worked on "permit" with several trades unions in my time and they are all straight line Dems. I'm thinking endorsing a Republican candidate is a pretty strange occurrence. Of course I have heard opinions that Trump is more Dem than Rep...

Shawn Moran, a council spokesman, said the national office consulted with individual sector unions on the endorsement before the 11-member NBPC board made its decision. Moran declined to say whether the vote was unanimous.

ETA: wish I could fix the spelling in the headline...DOAH

Source
edit on 30-3-2016 by quercusrex because: spelling and syntax

edit on 30-3-2016 by quercusrex because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2016 by quercusrex because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/30/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

They support trump, because they care about thier job, one that they continually fail at because our boarder is not secure. If we should listen to anyone it's the guys on the ground, not some stastical arguement made by Internet intellectuals.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Fixed it for you

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

They support trump, because they care about thier job, one that they continually fail at because our boarder is not secure. If we should listen to anyone it's the guys on the ground, not some stastical arguement made by Internet intellectuals.

Your statement illustrates exactly the thoughts of their union leadership:

“The fact that people are more upset about Mr. Trump’s tone than about the destruction wrought by open borders tells us everything we need to know about the corruption in Washington,” the statement said. “Our current political establishment has bled this country dry, sees their power evaporating, and isn't listening to voters who do all the heavy lifting.”

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Sweet! Thanks.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Internet intellectuals.

I find that interesting because thats exactly what Trump comes across as. He is still telling as recently as yesterday, every news outlet he can that if not for him we wouldnt even be talking about the border problem and immigration, despite the fact that EVERY election this is one of the hottest issues.

Trump doesnt know anything about the border, and has proven time and again that his "plan" and his "figures in dollars" are a hell of a lot more than what hes telling everyone, and he still doesnt have a means to do anything other that "Make Mexico Pay for it"

We dont need platitudes, we need a solid path, a solid plan, and sound thinking to get it done.

Not some orange haired bloviator , who just says whatever gets him ratings and on the front page

More to the OP, Im sure Trump will do great with unions, im sure hes got some great ties with them , considering his New York Mob ties.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
All trump needs now are endorsements from the Teamsters and the SEIU

Eventually the Unions might see the Democrats as enemies.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

Listen here crazy
, I don't support trump I think he's a blow hard and has said things that I wouldn't say to my X wife. However, some of his positions I do support and border control ( a wall isn't a must) is up there in what I believe our priorities are, and if we are not going to secure our border then we need to stop wasting money for the appearance of a secured border, it's just that simple.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

considering his New York Mob ties.

Not really talking about N.Y. Mafia here. Mostly talking about Trump's position on border control and support coming from the Border Patrol Union.
edit on 30-3-2016 by quercusrex because: apostrophes

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
7,086 Border Patrol agents protect 1,954 miles of Texas border. That's not quite 4 agents per mile per 24 hrs. They are asking for help from our government for a reason.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

However, some of his positions I do support and border control ( a wall isn't a must) is up there in what I believe our priorities are, and if we are not going to secure our border then we need to stop wasting money for the appearance of a secured border, it's just that simple.

The problem is all the candidates support, that and always have, securing the border isnt something Trump came up with. So thats not a valid reason to support Trump TBH.

I stand by the rest of my comments regarding him and his policies.

If his supporters have no more substance than to only support him because of a single issue or two, with all the other problems he has, then perhaps they need to start looking at their own prinicples

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex

originally posted by: CrazyWater

considering his New York Mob ties.

Not really talking about N.Y. Mafia here. Mostly talking about Trump's position on border control and support coming from the Border Patrol Union.

Yeah we were talking about Unions and why Unions might like him, Border Patrol Union, not really that hard to connect

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What do you expect when their jobs are directly demeaned by presidential actions for almost eight years now?
By the way, the Democratic party seems not at all really interested in the working man today but in strange ideologies.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

For the first time ever the U.S. Border Patrol Union makes an endorsement for a presidential candidate:

The national union that represents more than 16,000 agents of the United States Border Patrol issued its first-ever endorsement of a presidential candidate on Wednesday by throwing its support behind Republican Donald Trump.

I've worked on "permit" with several trades unions in my time and they are all straight line Dems. I'm thinking endorsing a Republican candidate is a pretty strange occurrence. Of course I have heard opinions that Trump is more Dem than Rep...

Shawn Moran, a council spokesman, said the national office consulted with individual sector unions on the endorsement before the 11-member NBPC board made its decision. Moran declined to say whether the vote was unanimous.

Source

I don't think Trump is a Republican or a Democrat, he's a nationalist. Now that is something a union can get behind. I think you will see more unions get behind Trump when the get past the libturd BS. Nationalists are protective of the country and economy, and they know they need to bring jobs back and keep them in-country to make it stronger.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Boy are they going to be disappointed when they realize Trump is just a bag of hot air, no substance.

I guess we all can dream though, can't we?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Instead of wasting $14 million an hour on contractors in the Middle East maybe we could hire more border agents, fix our infrastructure, schools, health care, internet cables, what else? America's priorities are screwed up and Trump ain't the answer to solve them.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Source

I don't think Trump is a Republican or a Democrat, he's a nationalist. Now that is something a union can get behind. I think you will see more unions get behind Trump when the get past the libturd BS. Nationalists are protective of the country and economy, and they know they need to bring jobs back and keep them in-country to make it stronger.

Cheers - Dave

Always love to here the views of a crazy Canuck who has some common damn sense!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Agreed, but you have to admit the idea of a union of Homeland Security Employees announcing their condemnation of our government's leadership in immigration matters by endorsing Trump is a curious turn of events.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Where did you get that number because doing a quick search yeilds another.

www.cbp.gov...

Since 1924, the Border Patrol has grown from a handful of mounted agents patrolling desolate areas along U.S. borders to today's dynamic work force of over 21,000 agents at the end of FY 2012.

www.politifact.com...

The Border Patrol buildup began under President Bill Clinton with Operation Gatekeeper and Safeguards, but expanded dramatically under President George W. Bush, said Katherine Benton-Cohen, a Georgetown history professor. The number of border patrol agents increased dramatically between fiscal years 1993 and Sept. 30, 2012. (So did spending.) Nationwide, the peak year was in 2011 with 21,444 agents -- the number dropped slightly to 21,394 in fiscal year 2012.

I think the border patrol is doing just fine and growing, although last reported their numbers dipped slightly. Wanna help? Move to Arizona and be a border patrol agent! I got a friend who moved to Nogales, Arizona, became apart of the border patrol and was on the Nat Geo show Border Wars. It gets crazy there.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

To be honest, it doesn't say much about the Union to me if they're endorsing Trump. But he's the most vocal and has the most outrageous claims which raise emotional responses so I'm not surprised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join