It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not using an adblocker!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
We have been told that those who contribute will not be forced to view ads.

applause received: 44
member posts: 8,226
member threads: 126
member flags: 2,326
member stars: 25,421

I think I contribute!!!

So why is this happening to me?

I DO NOT USE AD BLOCKERS!

If "Some features of ATS will be disabled" simply because I wont lower my security settings, then its goodbye ats!
And please don't tell me its safe to let in the ads!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Seems I remember awhile back during an attack that this came up.
ATS was not cooperating with me about 10 minutes ago.

Perhaps there was another attack?
I received the same message during that and it was nothing as I don't use an ADblocker either and didn't change anything.
Eventually it worked itself out (whatever it was!).

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Unless an add is just a product description and a price, its per definition brainwashing, so NO adds are not safe, and i will not remove my addblocker

But your not even using one?? thats weird, but i fully understand you dont want to be forced to see adds

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yeah - that's that pesky site attack thingy from last week - I get the same message too every now and again and likewise I don't use any blocker programs.

Tis but a glitch thingy.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I received the same message during that and it was nothing as I don't use an ADblocker either and didn't change anything.

I have been having intermittent problems this evening as well, and yes, the ad-blocker screen seems to come up for some people when ATS is under attack.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If its an attack then I take it all back, but maybe the management could put a notice some place so that we know whats going on?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I have been having intermittent problems this evening as well, and yes, the ad-blocker screen seems to come up for some people when ATS is under attack.

It would seem then that a timeout is happening and the sites server assumes the timeout has been caused by adblock software and defaults to the page I posted above. That wont be good for business!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Does anybody know what features of ATS, thats disabled if you use an addblocker??

I cant flag any post so iam assuming thats one of them
edit on 30-3-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

Does anybody know what features of ATS, thats disabled if you use an addblocker??

I think flagging a post is one of them, i cant flag any post so iam assuming thats one of them

I don't know, but when I tried to upload the pic thats in the op it would not let me even reach the upload page!
I do not know if it was the cure but when I couldn't upload I deleted all browser cookies etc, then logged in again and it worked.

psst, if using an adblocker you should keep quiet about it!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
you get that message regardless of you using any adblocker, it a fault on ats's side.
weve all been having issues i guess.
you know ats recieved the $70,000 it wanted for it anti-ddos measures, yet we still get ddos outages.
call me cynicall, but if i was given 70k i probably wouldnt spend it on my website either.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Are you using windows 10 and the Edge browser?"

If you are as I was and still am, I got the same message and after some digging I found where the browser blocked ads automatically. Since I found it and turned it off I have not received that message.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

I think flagging a post is one of them, i cant flag any post so iam assuming thats one of them

I don't know, but when I tried to upload the pic thats in the op it would not let me even reach the upload page!
I do not know if it was the cure but when I couldn't upload I deleted all browser cookies etc, then logged in again and it worked.

psst, if using an adblocker you should keep quiet about it!

Oh, did i say was using an addblocker? silly me, i was just refering to a friend of mine

But thanks for the answer, now you mention it, i seems to recall reading something about not been able to upload pictures
Their ought to be a list somewhere about what it does, so i will make a search to see if i can find something, just to show my friend what he is missing

edit on 30-3-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
you get that message regardless of you using any adblocker, it a fault on ats's side.
weve all been having issues i guess.
you know ats recieved the $70,000 it wanted for it anti-ddos measures, yet we still get ddos outages.
call me cynicall, but if i was given 70k i probably wouldnt spend it on my website either.

Thats what it was for!?!

Unless they pay those responsible for the attacks I don't see how they can avoid them.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

If you are as I was and still am, I got the same message and after some digging I found where the browser blocked ads automatically. Since I found it and turned it off I have not received that message.

Windows 10 !
Do not use such foul language, I am strictly linux.
Look into the workings of the HOSTS file.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Unless they pay those responsible for the attacks I don't see how they can avoid them.

everyone else seems to avoid them.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Windows 10 !

A little off-topic, but which version? I've been looking for a new version of linux to play with, but...too many choices.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

everyone else seems to avoid them.

Maybe everyone else pays the man?

But seriously, I suspect most ddos attacks are operated by the alphabets.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Windows 10 !

I am so sorry to offend you.

However, I was just relaying my experience with the problem you are experiencing and if in ANY WAY it helps those who like me had those issues, I stand firm in my response!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

We have been told that those who contribute will not be forced to view ads.

applause received: 44
member posts: 8,226
member threads: 126
member flags: 2,326
member stars: 25,421

I think I contribute!!!

So why is this happening to me?

I DO NOT USE AD BLOCKERS!

If "Some features of ATS will be disabled" simply because I wont lower my security settings, then its goodbye ats!
And please don't tell me its safe to let in the ads!

Join the clan, I have no Avatar now..a picture that belongs exclusively to me. I put it to the board questions forum,www.abovetopsecret.com... and the main response, (and not much else) was that I had an ad blocker in my system, while I screened- shot examples clearly showing ads working, even though I should not have ads anyway, but these were at the home page where there are ads for all.
Where I should be able to place the avatar, there is only a dead end, which contains the word, ' removed' in the HTTP link.
edit on 30-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Windows 10 !

A little off-topic, but which version? I've been looking for a new version of linux to play with, but...too many choices.

I've played with all versions of linux Mint. If you have a reasonable pc then get the KDE version as just about everything is customizable. If your on an old tired pc then Mate would be a good choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join