It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a sad state of affairs this country is in

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Good luck with your...whatever it is you have to do. See? That is what decent humans do, wish other people well. I can't take the exam for you, and I am sure I would fail anyway, but hey, I would try...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Nope I will try... I have to or I accept that this is as good as it can get in America... and I dont believe that for a second.

I hadn't thought about putting up a page or a blog about my stances, I will work on that.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If you are going to treat the problems facing society with emotional filters, you'll never accomplish everything and it will eventually beat you down.

I see (all the time here) how people will argue emotionally and not rationally.

"Don't you feel ______"
"Don't you care _________"

Our problems are not going to be overcome by getting emotional.

imho

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

No problem let's collaborate.

I'll send you a message with my e-mail if your interested.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm sorry id rather be crushed by failure than ignore the immeasurable suffering of millions.
edit on 3/30/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm sorry id rather be crushed by failure than ignore the immeasurable suffering of millions.

Who said ignore?

I'm just saying to be practical and pragmatic.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Who said ignore?

I'm just saying to be practical and pragmatic.

There is a certain percentage of our population that will respond the same, whether the problem is presented emotionally or pragmatically. Their response, I've got mine, and I am going to keep it, piss on everyone below me.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Okay. I can't get worked up over how others feel. I certainly will feed my family before feeding anyone else.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well there's getting worked up over something and there's doing something about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It always saddened and angered me that the US sends billions of dollars all over the world, often to our enemies, in the name of charity and good will. Yet there are people living, and more frequently dying, in the streets right here at home. There are children who will lose their lives to malnutrition right here in the USA today. Some will die of exposure. Others of easily curable illnesses.

I am all for saving a starving child in some other country, but I am also realistic. We need to take care of home first. If we don't, we will end up just like every third world nation we claim we are trying to help.

If my neighbors children are hungry I will gladly help feed them, but not if it means my children must go hungry. When my family has what it needs, not necessarily all it wants, but at least what it needs, whatever is left my neighbor is welcome to have. I will deliver it personally and feed his children myself if need be. But not at the expense of my own children. I will take care of home first. If I don't, we will end up with two families full of hungry children instead of one.

If we cant keep ourselves strong, how can we expect to be strong enough to help everyone who needs it?

Take care of home first.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I can appreciate your heart of gold OP, but if I were you, I'd try not to worry too much about this sort of stuff just yet...

The next up and coming Civil War (version 2.0) in the USA should help to iron out most of the wrinkles happening these days around the country.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well there's getting worked up over something and there's doing something about it.

And just because we aren't willing to walk off a fiscal cliff governmentally doesn't mean that we don't any of us do dozens to hundreds of other things in our own lives in our ways to help.

Just because we don't create massive threads here to brag about it so you can see us chest thump about how much we care doesn't mean that we don't and that we don't all of us help out in our own ways, but I don't feel the need to justify my private charitable activities to you or anyone else here. It's just not that important, nor is it any of your business.

You will either accept my word that I do my own things to help or you won't. So what?

But this idea that if I don't vote for this or that social policy that I plain don't care is preposterous and has got to stop because it does nothing to help anyone's case.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
The next up and coming Civil War (version 2.0) in the USA should help to iron out most of the wrinkles happening these days around the country.

Care to elaborate on this? I'm dying to know

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Okay. I can't get worked up over how others feel. I certainly will feed my family before feeding anyone else.

I agree that we must take care of our own first, even extended family. I have become jaded, I do taxes for a living, when I see people making mid six figures, and 1500 bucks in charitable contributions, and people making 7 figure incomes donating to nothing but the ballet, and art museum, makes me think we could do a lot more for homeless and hungry people, especially the elderly, children, and veterans.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It's obvious isn't it? If enough people won't bow to one side or the other, the next step is to kill each other to determine what we'll do.

In the end, liberty won't win because the world will come in to "help" and we'll lose it all.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Isn't it obvious another civil war (countrymen against countrymen) is reaching towards the boiling point ?

Civil war will cause that "bottom 10%" to grow to become that "bottom 60%" and everyone will learn to appreciate what trying to dig out of poverty is really like.

Then and only then will you and your fellow brethren finally rally together as one to force some social changes to start happening.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I know which one I am.

Which one are you?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I'm pointing out that if it's really a question of constitution than there are different ways to test it.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's obvious isn't it? If enough people won't bow to one side or the other, the next step is to kill each other to determine what we'll do.

In the end, liberty won't win because the world will come in to "help" and we'll lose it all.

Think you are discounting those in the middle, that want to sit down and find common sense solutions to some of our problems, while neither side will get all they want, their compromise might help solve some of the problems. Unfortunately, those of us in the middle, are too busy working and trying to feed our families on shrinking wages and longer hours, to actually find time to discuss the real issues with others, without someone feeling that they need to make it a name calling partisan argument.

link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Or the economic crash will teach us that, but I think some of us have an idea of what it's like to work our way out of poverty and resent being told we're greedy for not wanting to pay for others who don't expend the same effort.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join