It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 41
<< 38  39  40   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater
For any of you out there who do not think that Trump is an oligarch in the making!

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump, who just last night confirmed that he had "evolved" on the issue of abortion and is now pro-life, managed to upset both pro-lifers and pro-aborts with his comments that women who have abortions should face "some form of punishment"

So the answer by this "conservative" who is suppose to be smaller gov, is to now impose legal punishment against women who have abortions, effectively injecting more gov into the private lives of citizens.

Trump is this countries worst nightmare in chief, a dictator in the making.

Then, just mere HOURS after making this definitive statement, he says THIS

Later on Wednesday, Trump tried to clarify his remarks, saying he would not seek to punish women for getting an abortion.

""If Congress were to pass legislation making abortion illegal and the federal courts upheld this legislation, or any state were permitted to ban abortion under state and federal law, the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman"

Only Trump can completely contradict himself within hours and people still swallow the SWILL, that is coming out of his mouth as truth.

"The woman is a victim in this case as is the life in her womb. My position has not changed - like Ronald Reagan, I am pro-life with exceptions."

The woman is the victim? Like someone kidnapped her and made her have an abortion? What happened earlier to this statement Trump.

“The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment,” Trump said in the interview taped for a town hall forum airing later Wednesday.

“For the woman?” Matthews asked.

“Yeah, there has to be some form,” Trump responded.

As a woman who is pro-choice and a convervative libertarian, I find this aphaling , and indicative of just how untrustworthy Trump is with anything he says.

What this man tells everyone with every statement that he waffles on is 'Ill do whatever I want, and say whatever I want if its politically expedient, JUST LIKE CLINTON"

When it comes to Trump, His image, his money and his brand are all that matters, not you, not me, not the country.

Link Source

I really like how you have cherry picked this whole thing just like all the media outlets have done as well....

I mean you're either disingenuous and deceitful, or borderline stupid.

He actually had the balls to answer a carefully crafted, trick question which was specifically designed to screw him. He answered it!!!

They pre-faced the question with the terms "IF ABORTION WAS ILLEGAL, SHOULD THERE BE A PUNISHMENT?"

Do you understand the concept of a law???????? If there is no recourse for breaking a law, then there is effectively no law.

Goddamnit, the guy tried his damnedest to give a freakin straight answer and you people crucify him!! And after some thought he realized is makes way more sense to punish the person PERFORMING THE ILLEGAL OPERATION, rather than the person undergoing it.

It's all hypothetical anyway, Roe v. Wade isn't getting overturned anytime soon!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

He actually had the balls to answer a carefully crafted, trick question which was specifically designed to screw him. He answered it!!!

First of all, every Republican presidential candidate is FOR banning elective abortion!

Secondly, did you even watch the interview. Just seconds before Matthews ask Trump the "gotchya question" Trump says of abortion, "You have to ban it! You have to ban it!"....

From the transcript:

MATTHEWS: Well, no, I'm asking you because you say you want to ban it. What does that mean?
TRUMP: I would -- I am against -- I am pro-life, yes.
MATTHEWS: What is ban -- how do you ban abortion? How do you actually do it?
TRUMP: Well, you know, you will go back to a position like they had where people will perhaps go to illegal places. MATTHEWS: Yes?
TRUMP: But you have to ban it.
MATTHEWS: You banning, they go to somebody who flunked out of medical school. TRUMP: Are you Catholic?

MATTHEWS: Do you believe in punishment for abortion, yes or no as a principle?
TRUMP: The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment.
MATTHEWS: For the woman?
TRUMP: Yes, there has to be some form.

info.msnbc.com...

If you're going to rum for president on a party platform that wan't to ban abortion, then you should well be able to answer the question that follows......What about the women who still seek and get abortions, do you punish them?

What do you think? Do you want to see elective abortions banned in the USA? What punishment do you want to see for women that defy the "law" and abort anyway?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: CrazyWater
For any of you out there who do not think that Trump is an oligarch in the making!

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump, who just last night confirmed that he had "evolved" on the issue of abortion and is now pro-life, managed to upset both pro-lifers and pro-aborts with his comments that women who have abortions should face "some form of punishment"

So the answer by this "conservative" who is suppose to be smaller gov, is to now impose legal punishment against women who have abortions, effectively injecting more gov into the private lives of citizens.

Trump is this countries worst nightmare in chief, a dictator in the making.

Then, just mere HOURS after making this definitive statement, he says THIS

Later on Wednesday, Trump tried to clarify his remarks, saying he would not seek to punish women for getting an abortion.

""If Congress were to pass legislation making abortion illegal and the federal courts upheld this legislation, or any state were permitted to ban abortion under state and federal law, the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman"

Only Trump can completely contradict himself within hours and people still swallow the SWILL, that is coming out of his mouth as truth.

"The woman is a victim in this case as is the life in her womb. My position has not changed - like Ronald Reagan, I am pro-life with exceptions."

The woman is the victim? Like someone kidnapped her and made her have an abortion? What happened earlier to this statement Trump.

“The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment,” Trump said in the interview taped for a town hall forum airing later Wednesday.

“For the woman?” Matthews asked.

“Yeah, there has to be some form,” Trump responded.

As a woman who is pro-choice and a convervative libertarian, I find this aphaling , and indicative of just how untrustworthy Trump is with anything he says.

What this man tells everyone with every statement that he waffles on is 'Ill do whatever I want, and say whatever I want if its politically expedient, JUST LIKE CLINTON"

When it comes to Trump, His image, his money and his brand are all that matters, not you, not me, not the country.

Link Source

I really like how you have cherry picked this whole thing just like all the media outlets have done as well....

I mean you're either disingenuous and deceitful, or borderline stupid.

They pre-faced the question with the terms "IF ABORTION WAS ILLEGAL, SHOULD THERE BE A PUNISHMENT?"

Do you understand the concept of a law???????? If there is no recourse for breaking a law, then there is effectively no law.

Goddamnit, the guy tried his damnedest to give a freakin straight answer and you people crucify him!! And after some thought he realized is makes way more sense to punish the person PERFORMING THE ILLEGAL OPERATION, rather than the person undergoing it.

It's all hypothetical anyway, Roe v. Wade isn't getting overturned anytime soon!!!

There's really no point in arguing with the anti-trump hate machine on this. They are literally sitting there waiting for the slightest collection of words they can spin into a drama to be offended by.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

First of all, every Republican presidential candidate is FOR banning elective abortion!

Secondly, did you even watch the interview. Just seconds before Matthews ask Trump the "gotchya question" Trump says of abortion, "You have to ban it! You have to ban it!"....

If you're going to rum for president on a party platform that wan't to ban abortion, then you should well be able to answer the question that follows......What about the women who still seek and get abortions, do you punish them?

What do you think? Do you want to see elective abortions banned in the USA? What punishment do you want to see for women that defy the "law" and abort anyway?

I did watch the video and it's pretty damn clear to me what Trump is doing. It's called populism. He's pandering to the constituency. He's putting on a show in order to get elected... and it's working.

Ron Paul (someone who truly loves America and wasn't to better the lives of all Amricans) was too honest and/or too damn egalitarian to see what he needed to do and thankfully Rand quickly learned the lesson. You gotta say things people want to hear, in order to get in the office and do the things you want to do bettering this place.

Trump is middle of the road on most things in general.

I've voted for 4 different parties in my 20year voting history, and I'm a pro-choice agnostic person. I should specify, pro-choice in the first 10 weeks.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Agreed.

I'm really not offended by Trump, more glad that he's opening up for us to talk about these issues in the light of day. I am concerned though, that the GOP platform, on which Trump is trying to balance, does have a agenda to ban abortion, through a constitutional amendment, that will make Roe V Wade and SCOTUS obsolete. A Republican President together with a Republican Congress can make that happen.

Even though they (the GOP) want to convoluted public perception and disguise it as protection for women who have been victimized by abortion thirsty doctors, and the sanctity of life and equal rights of the unborn, it's clear from their actions across the board, that the oppression of women and minorities is their goal.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think what happened here is trump was just trying to find something outrageous to say to fire up his loyal band of trumpers, and then his campaign folks realized women are 51% of voters so he should probably try to say something less crazy

its up to us to elect people in congress that won't pass laws allowing women who seek legal or even illegal abortions to be punished

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
I think what happened here is trump was just trying to find something outrageous to say to fire up his loyal band of trumpers, and then his campaign folks realized women are 51% of voters so he should probably try to say something less crazy

its up to us to elect people in congress that won't pass laws allowing women who seek legal or even illegal abortions to be punished

Yeah - it seems reasonable that Trump forgot there were women in the US.

top topics

<< 38  39  40   >>

join