It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Abortions for some...miniature American flags for others.

As an outsider, it's quite fun watching the insane spectacle of an American election.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
...if abortion were illegal.

Why are so many people unable to differentiate between legal and illegal?

It is a very simple concept.

If somebody does something illegal it goes without saying they will and should be punished for it.

Yea, I thought the same thing!

I went to the source the OP linked and this was the Title the OP left out!

"Trump call to punish women for illegal abortions sparks firestorm"

I think that would show he cares about the safety of a woman who chooses to have an abortion?

You can't possibly be this deluded can you? You think by wanting to punish them he's showing he actually cares. Oh my god...im gobsmacked.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: seeker1963

No, I'm not kidding you. Guess where women who can't afford birth control go to get it? Planned Parenthood, but moronic conservatives are doing everything they can to shut it down. In a perfect world, everyone would be responsible and abortion, for the most part, wouldn't be necessary, but welcome to the real world where not everyone is responsible and responsible people make mistakes.

Imagine the increase in abortions if Planned Parenthood were defunded or worse, it being made illegal. Now we're going backwards to a time where only those with money can get a proper abortion and the rest have to risk their lives.

It's time for you join everyone else in the real world and understand even if you defund PP and make abortions illegal they're still going to happen. It's just like making drugs illegal, people still do drugs. We have laws but we also have crime, laws will never make it go away. If you want an abortion and crime free world, well that's sounds like a utopia or Heaven. We ain't in either.

Education and birth control lower abortions and PP provides all 3 services. But you know what, shut that crap down and lets go carpet bomb some terrorists families!

Derp.

Agreed. My proposal is every anti-abortionist/pro-lifer should register with a central agency. If abortion is made illegal, every woman who wants an abortion would then have the child where it would be assigned to someone in the registry. The anti-abortionist/pro-lifer would then be able to save a life and raise the child costing > $250,000 from infancy to 18. Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: feanor411
i agree. he is a ringer. i also wonder if he will get the nomination, then drop out of the race. i just don't think he actually wants to be president. a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I agree.

when I heard this latest thing on abortion I even said to my husband - he doesn't really want the job.

he wants to win just to say he won, he wants his name in the history books. but.. I don't think he REALLY wants the job. he'll hate doing the actual work, it'll be so mundane for him for the most part, the day to day. not being able to do what he wants without the secret service and all that.

wouldn't surprise me if he does win to turn it into some sort of reality tv show. having cameras around all the time and such. ugh.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: feanor411
i agree. he is a ringer. i also wonder if he will get the nomination, then drop out of the race. i just don't think he actually wants to be president. a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I agree.

when I heard this latest thing on abortion I even said to my husband - he doesn't really want the job.

he wants to win just to say he won, he wants his name in the history books. but.. I don't think he REALLY wants the job. he'll hate doing the actual work, it'll be so mundane for him for the most part, the day to day. not being able to do what he wants without the secret service and all that.

wouldn't surprise me if he does win to turn it into some sort of reality tv show. having cameras around all the time and such. ugh.

I've told my wife and kids from the beginning that he doesn't really want the job and doesn't believe himself half the things he says. I said he will write a book saying how stupid and gullible people are, that this is one big social experiment, and how this whole campaign has been the ultimate reality show. He will show what happens behind the scenes, and market it to HBO or Showtime and recoup the money he himself has invested in his run. Between a book and cable series, he will make a tidy profit too. After all, he is a business man, not a politician.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread, don't have time. But Ivanka just had a baby, an Easter baby. My wife and I had a baby last year that was extremely premature. Seeing that kitten of a boy... yeah. I think women and doctors should be punished for killing another human being. I'm pro choice, too. If you don't want babies, don't spread your legs. That's how babies are made. Didn't that liberal health class in school teach you anything? Oh, wait, you learn to use a condom so that later you don't use it. If you want to do something with your bodies, get a historectemy. You'll be doing yourself and everyone else a favor and you'll still be providing the medical establishment with more money. Win, win, win. Go Trump, I am glad your grandchild helped you to see the beauty of life and to despise those that do not respect other life in the name of their whiny selfishness. But kudos to those of you that had abortions and realized the horror you caused and have changed your mind. It is sad that you had to learn through murder, but now you're back on the side of life and we're all alive here.

Before some of you start that whole thing about only caring about babies until they are born, gotcha. Have three kids, love everyone, don't just feed, but hangout with the homeless (or used to, got so busy lately), they know my kids by name and love all of us to death. One homeless friend of mine, Tom, has called us the best family in Saratoga. Randall, chalk boy, (a Jewish rastafarian elderly man with aspbergers, but one of the coolest cats in town) invites my family to cookouts in the park where he demands we eat he food he bought with his meager chalk money while we hang with the liberal gang he always has around him, and they love us, too. You see, some people actually have love. Sure, a lot of people are only anti-abortion because that's their society, without knowing.

A long time ago, when I was a fool, I got my girlfriend pregnant. I begged for days in tears to not have an abortion. I cried for months after that. I wrote a song called "Him or Her?" It was about never finding out if my son or daughter was killed, but that I know one day I will find out in Heaven.

Trump is a lot of things, and he knows how to talk City talk, and he sounds simple to appeal to the simple, and he does change his mind, but that is because he is learning. He is getting more info now than he ever had, and a granddaughter on Easter during his campaign for President of the United States of America. He has made mistakes, and so have we all. But anyone who finally realizes the true meaning of love, life, and liberty... not the whiny drivel people talk about themselves, but the real virtues where these things are shared with others and not only for ourselves and our petty biases - any who think like that are a-OK in my book.

And let me tell you, illegal immigrants are not thinking about this country; they only think of themselves, not caring the damage they cause and the cowardice to not fix home is staggering. But they are better than those that commit abortions, baby murder. I would rather the death of the whole country if it meant saving the helpless, beautiful, and innocent child that was unlucky enough to be placed in the womb of a murderer.
edit on 3/31/2016 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
Didn't read the whole thread, don't have time. But Ivanka just had a baby, an Easter baby. My wife and I had a baby last year that was extremely premature. Seeing that kitten of a boy... yeah. I think women and doctors should be punished for killing another human being. I'm pro choice, too. If you don't want babies, don't spread your legs. That's how babies are made. Didn't that liberal health class in school teach you anything? Oh, wait, you learn to use a condom so that later you don't use it. If you want to do something with your bodies, get a historectemy. You'll be doing yourself and everyone else a favor and you'll still be providing the medical establishment with more money. Win, win, win. Go Trump, I am glad your grandchild helped you to see the beauty of life and to despise those that do not respect other life in the name of their whiny selfishness. But kudos to those of you that had abortions and realized the horror you caused and have changed your mind. It is sad that you had to learn through murder, but now you're back on the side of life and we're all alive here.

Before some of you start that whole thing about only caring about babies until they are born, gotcha. Have three kids, love everyone, don't just feed, but hangout with the homeless (or used to, got so busy lately), they know my kids by name and love all of us to death. One homeless friend of mine, Tom, has called us the best family in Saratoga. Randall, chalk boy, (a Jewish rastafarian elderly man with aspbergers, but one of the coolest cats in town) invites my family to cookouts in the park where he demands we eat he food he bought with his meager chalk money while we hang with the liberal gang he always has around him, and they love us, too. You see, some people actually have love. Sure, a lot of people are only anti-abortion because that's their society, without knowing.

A long time ago, when I was a fool, I got my girlfriend pregnant. I begged for days in tears to not have an abortion. I cried for months after that. I wrote a song called "Him or Her?" It was about never finding out if my son or daughter was killed, but that I know one day I will find out in Heaven.

Trump is a lot of things, and he knows how to talk City talk, and he sounds simple to appeal to the simple, and he does change his mind, but that is because he is learning. He is getting more info now than he ever had, and a granddaughter on Easter during his campaign for President of the United States of America. He has made mistakes, and so have we all. But anyone who finally realizes the true meaning of love, life, and liberty... not the whiny drivel people talk about themselves, but the real virtues where these things are shared with others and not only for ourselves and our petty biases - any who think like that are a-OK in my book.

And let me tell you, illegal immigrants are not thinking about this country; they only think of themselves, not caring the damage they cause and the cowardice to not fix home is staggering. But they are better than those that commit abortions, baby murder. I would rather the death of the whole country if it meant saving the helpless, beautiful, and innocent child that was unlucky enough to be placed in the womb of a murderer.

I guess you never heard of contraception failing eh? Or women being raped.

What a healthy understanding and respect you have for females. /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Ya, people are always anti-abortion until their girl is impregnated by rape or incest. Or the hardcore bigots whose white daughter is impregnated by the black boyfriend she's seeing on the sly.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Ya, people are always anti-abortion until their girl is impregnated by rape or incest. Or the hardcore bigots whose white daughter is impregnated by the black boyfriend she's seeing on the sly.

Exactly. And also its so wonderful that the anti abortion have never made a mistake in their lives.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Don't lie to me. Abortions are not mainly preformed because of rape and incest. If that were the case, this discussion wouldn't be happening and you know that. Some people never grow up. Sad.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

You must be hard of reading. Do you lie as a habit? Go read my post again. You'll see how I said that we all make mistakes. Children, come now.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
As an outsider, it's quite fun watching the insane spectacle of an American election.

Hey, it's pretty entertaining (in a macabre way) as an insider, too! I shake my head in disbelief and complete embarrassment every time I hear the newest piece of election "news"... especially the clown show in the right!

Hey, Donald! Women aren't victims and we don't need your "protection" or "redemption" (from Huckabee on the topic, I think)! The law has NO place in the personal choices of the citizens of this country!

I love how Donald's now a "victim" of the question... Ben Carson defends Trump's first response, saying Donald wasn't aware that an abortion question would be asked and he didn't have a chance to think about it...

WHAT??? Hey, Donald! Abortion has been legal for almost 50 years!!! Where you been, dude? Oh, yeah, that's right... You've been pro-choice! LOL!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think it's funny just how much trump danced around this question, even brought in the interviewers catholic religion trying to deflect. He just kept going back to the simple statement of "I'm pro-live".... which is probably only because he wants to be a republican candidate really, but what the heck....

He didn't want to answer this question is what I am getting at, and when he got tired (maybe from all the verbal dancing he was doing he finally stated that ya, there should be some kind of punishment to women who have an illegal abortion under an abortion ban... when pressed as to just what that punishment was, he wouldn't say.

So, here we have abstinence as the only 100% effective birth control method, with surgical sterilization being a close second, but well, more and more hospitals are being bought out by the catholic conglomerates and guess what, they might be the only hospital around for a 100 miles and if you go to deliver what you hope is you last baby and end up in one, well, they won't sterilize you while doing the c-section. you have all these women being giving drug tests while pregnant or just before giving birth and well the are popping positive because the women does something stupid like deciding that a poppy seed begal with some cream cheese would be a healthy breakfast that morning and ending up being prosecuted, children taken away, maybe even imprisoned,. women jailed for falling down stairs and having car accidents that result in miscarriages. catholic hospitals that will let you lay there for as long as it takes for that miscarriage to happen on it's own, heck they will even tell you that there's nothing that can be done and send you home to later develop sepsis and possibly die.....

someone should write to trumps wife, who probably doesn't want kids herself.... and well, clue her in, under today's political climate with it's women in jail for falling down the stairs and causing miscarriages and all, well, she is better off just not having sex, till she wants to have another child... heck take the advice that was sent to one of the queens of england long ago from her mother, sleep in separate chambers, and have a second bed in your room for one of your maids! they pro-life crowd has already made our country a hostile place for pregnant women!!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Trump has a socialist record and married two communist women...so there's bound to be some flip-flopping as he pretends to be a republican and attempts to alienate every minority voting bloc and women.

All in all though, he's doing a bang up job. He has his supporters fooled.
edit on 31-3-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You must be hard of reading. Do you lie as a habit? Go read my post again. You'll see how I said that we all make mistakes. Children, come now.

I'll say it again...you want women to be punished for making a mistake, their contraception failing or them being raped and getting pregnant.

I stand by what I said.

And lie to you? Who's lying? Contraception fails and women do get pregnant after being raped. Those happen. It doesn't matter if it's 5% of the cases or 50%. No one has any right to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her own body. END OF STORY.

And please don't call me a child you %#$@%%, im 40. If you can't argue without crying and saying im lying and calling me a child, just say so. We can discuss something simpler.

edit on 31-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Hey, Benevolent, babies have a right to live, too. They are people, too. It's Not All About You. And the law is supposed to protect innocents, not allow for the harming of them. It's not government stepping in to control you, it's government stepping in to protect life. If a man hits a woman, you want the law to step in, don't you? How much more when adults abuse babies? But you think a woman should be allowed to kill her sweet child. Oh the irony.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You are a liar and a manipulator. How do you live with yourself? Quote me on those words, then you'll have a stance.

You are arguing with a straw man you created. At least it isn't me you are arguing with. Only makes you yourself look a little nutty when you direct your arguments at me that have nothing to do with me.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Abortions are not mainly preformed because of rape and incest.

no, sometimes it's because the doctor walks into the office and delivers the sad news to the women that the pregnancy just isn't going to go right and it's best to abort. sometimes, upon hearing the words "I'm pregnant" the first words out of the husband's mouth is "We can't afford to have another child." and well, after rummaging though the cubboards that night looking for something to make a decent meal from while her four kids and husband are clamoring about how hungry they are and finding next to nothing to last the three days till payday, well, the women reluctantly agrees! Or maybe the women just already feels overwelmed by those four kids and just can't see herself being able to take on another one, or being able to handle those four when eight or nine months pregnant.....

but of course, you men know best right? after all yous do the hard part, you go off for your 8 or so hours every day and bring home the money!! you write up the budget that tells the mother just how much she can spend on groceries, on clothes, ect.... yep, you come home, plop yourself into the recliner and join the chorus of kids clamoring your hungry, or you want your beer, why is the house such a mess, and on and on....

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Don't lie to me. Abortions are not mainly preformed because of rape and incest. If that were the case, this discussion wouldn't be happening and you know that. Some people never grow up. Sad.

You are right. Abortions aren't 'mainly' performed because of rape or incest. But if all abortions are made illegal, that would include those types as well. Hardcore anti-abortionists, like Cruz, don't allow for rape or incest. Ya, some people never grow up.

"Cruz, like Akin, opposes abortion for victims of rape and incest"
www.usnews.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I watched the episode yesterday. Donald Trump was pressed by Cris Matthews on a hypothetical question that, "If abortion were illegal and equated to murder, should there be a punishment for women..?" Trump twisted and turned for a few minutes because you're dealing with hypothetical and not what is actually law. But in the light of there being a law that said to commit abortion is to commit murder he yes yes, but he had no idea what it would be. But that was in an alternate universe where life is valued and has meaning, and where crimes are punishable by law.

In the real world Trump stated that no, the woman is not to be punished, but the doctor who did the procedure is, that took the life of the yet to be born human.

I think what Donald Trump has to do is to be aware of trick gotcha questions from liberals and move on. And the news media should be talking more about the Ted Cruz sex scandal instead. There is nothing that liberals love more than republicans preaching righteousness and getting caught cheating on the wife with other women and getting a hooker on the side. Heck, they even like it when democrats get caught.

edit on 31-3-2016 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join