It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Matthews sets the premise that it's illegal. Trump then say well then yeah there should be a punishment.

This is a fair thing to point out, however Trump went for an easy answer, and we all saw the result. Trump did not exhibit any deep consideration. He went gut response "if it's illegal the woman should be punished". He took a bad question and ran right into the gutter with it. He's way too easy to strike out. His narcissist ego and his unquestioning gut decisions -- and how often those decisions need to be corrected a day or two later.... prove time and again he's not the guy for the job.
edit on 4-4-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Matthews sets the premise that it's illegal. Trump then say well then yeah there should be a punishment.

This is a fair thing to point out, however Trump went for an easy answer, and we all saw the result. Trump did not exhibit any deep consideration. He went gut response "if it's illegal the woman should be punished". He took a bad question and ran right into the gutter with it. He's way too easy to strike out. His narcissist ego and his unquestioning gut decisions -- and how often those decisions need to be corrected a day or two later.... prove time and again he's not the guy for the job.

He certainly did run with it...right into the grandstand. BUMP...knockout.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

They should be punished. They murder babies.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That's why people like him, because he tells the truth no matter how bitter the pill to swallow. Eactly what America needs right now...a good dose of "Look at what you have done!"

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Do you mean the doctors?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Do you mean the doctors?

This distinction between doctors and women is an odd one. If abortion were illegal (remember we're talking about a hypothetical here) then there is no logic at all to suggest that the woman should not be punished to the full extent of the law. Trump answered the hypothetical question honestly and correctly. The doctor should, of course, also be punished.

There would also need to be potential punishment for others involved too - for example any other person that coerced the woman to have the abortion.
edit on 5/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

and yet, in the past where there have been laws against abortion, many times the women were not punished. mainly because the only time it was caught was when the women practically died because of them.... maybe they figured they were already punished enough, or maybe because they knew that throwing the women in jail would only lead to those five or so kids that she took care of to end up in those great charitable workhouses where so many kids died.... (look up the workhouse howl if you can find any information on it)..

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

and yet, in the past where there have been laws against abortion, many times the women were not punished. mainly because the only time it was caught was when the women practically died because of them.... maybe they figured they were already punished enough, or maybe because they knew that throwing the women in jail would only lead to those five or so kids that she took care of to end up in those great charitable workhouses where so many kids died.... (look up the workhouse howl if you can find any information on it)..

There is no valid excuse there for getting away with breaking the law. If a woman murdered her husband is it valid to say she should not be punished because her kids might suffer?
I am not arguing that abortion should be illegal, rather just pointing out that there is no logic to exonerate a woman should it become illegal. I am sure there would be specific cases that would be exceptions, but as a general response to the question I think Trump was logical and fair.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Suicide is illegal, but we don't punish people who've attempted to end their lives.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I don't know, do your own research, but from what I've seen most of the laws have always been aimed at those who were providing the abortions not the women who aborted, at least in the western world. you should also do a little research into england's workhouses, look and see just how compassionate people become when the mass of unwanted becomes too much to bear.

the only compassionate way to address proverty, orphans, and unwanted children is to have plenty of good paying jobs to go around, jobs that pay enough for those people to not only provide for their own families but also be able to take on an extra or two when their neighbors need the help. and well, it seems that humanity has a few quirks built into it.. there is too many that are just too greedy to let enough of the wealth spread around so that others can have the basic necessities of life. and it's those overly greedy that seem to accumulate enough wealth to get into the seats of power. look at just how much some resent having to help out the poor in this country now..... those workhouses in england's past is what happens when the number of those poor becomes so great, the resentment so large, that compassion flies out the window.. so while aborting babies for no other reason than it's just more reasonable in the mother's eyes to do it might not be the greatest thing in the world.... well, the alternatives that have come up with really don't seem to be any better, and many times much, much worse!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Suicide is illegal, but we don't punish people who've attempted to end their lives.

Yes we do - they are often supervised and sometimes committed.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No. That's not punishment. It's help.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I don't know, do your own research, but from what I've seen most of the laws have always been aimed at those who were providing the abortions not the women who aborted, at least in the western world. you should also do a little research into england's workhouses, look and see just how compassionate people become when the mass of unwanted becomes too much to bear.

the only compassionate way to address proverty, orphans, and unwanted children is to have plenty of good paying jobs to go around, jobs that pay enough for those people to not only provide for their own families but also be able to take on an extra or two when their neighbors need the help. and well, it seems that humanity has a few quirks built into it.. there is too many that are just too greedy to let enough of the wealth spread around so that others can have the basic necessities of life. and it's those overly greedy that seem to accumulate enough wealth to get into the seats of power. look at just how much some resent having to help out the poor in this country now..... those workhouses in england's past is what happens when the number of those poor becomes so great, the resentment so large, that compassion flies out the window.. so while aborting babies for no other reason than it's just more reasonable in the mother's eyes to do it might not be the greatest thing in the world.... well, the alternatives that have come up with really don't seem to be any better, and many times much, much worse!

You are discussing more detail - Trump was asked a hypothetical question at a very broad level. No nuance, no discussion.
He did, however, actually allude to it being complex.

I am only stating that a very general hypothetical question got a very general hypothetical answer. Most of the arguments since he said it have delved in to details and nuances.

For the record, i do not believe abortion should be illegal.

I do however find it very interesting that Cruz is anti-abortion and fairly extreme with it. He has just said that Roe vs Wade was judicial activism and 'not settled' adding that abortion should be banned for even incest and rape. I don't quite seem to hear the cries of 'war on women' in relation to Cruz though.

Cruz on abortion

This whole thing is not about what Trump said, it's about political smearing and the media trying to drive elections.
edit on 5/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

hey, I am just trying to shed a little light on why the question would be asked in the first place. and no, I don't believe I ever said that Cruz is waging a war on women, not really sure if I have ever said anyone was... what I've said about cruz is that he is a religious fruitcake that would probably do his best to implement his own christian version of sharia law in america... I just assume the the "war on women" bit would be included in that statement..

I don't really see why everyone is making a big deal out of him saying this, especially since he's had something like four different positions on abortion in about a day or two's time (would have to back track and find the actually numbers on that) ... he is just fumbling around saying what he thinks will draw him the most support, and if he finds he isn't drawing that support, we'll he at least has the balls to admit it was a mistake at least in his own mind and back track and go in a different direction. a trait that seems to be lacking in the republican party as a whole really or even in the political scene since the keep going to the dirty polluted well over and over again even after the first time made this country sicker than a dog.. (think economics here).

make no mistake about it, I'd rather see trump in the white house than I would cruz... trump won't put religion and his version of morality above everything else like I think cruz would. and it's quite obvious that he won't be sticking to any position regardless of the results!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When it's Cruz or Trump... ugh... sharia law christian or wild card narcissist.... I just wonder where are the real Republican Christians? The ones who would actually speak against war, and be merciful on the weak and struggling. Or a classic Republican patriot that inspires all sides and not just the crazed conservative hate groups.

It's frustrating how Republicans always go for the sh*ttiest people. Not just bad politicians and establishment, but really sh*tty people.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

When it's Cruz or Trump... ugh... sharia law christian or wild card narcissist.... I just wonder where are the real Republican Christians? The ones who would actually speak against war, and be merciful on the weak and struggling. Or a classic Republican patriot that inspires all sides and not just the crazed conservative hate groups.

It's frustrating how Republicans always go for the sh*ttiest people. Not just bad politicians and establishment, but really sh*tty people.

Don't you find it somewhat interesting though that Cruz told Megyn Kelly that women who are raped, even if its a father raping a daughter should still not be allowed to have an abortion, yet the news cycles have barely picked it up. Where are all the women on TV condemning his as anti-woman?? It's pretty astonishing actually and shines a light on exactly what the media in the USA are - nothing but a political propaganda machine fed by those that want to force their will on the American people.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Don't you find it somewhat interesting though that Cruz told Megyn Kelly that women who are raped, even if its a father raping a daughter should still not be allowed to have an abortion, yet the news cycles have barely picked it up. Where are all the women on TV condemning his as anti-woman?? It's pretty astonishing actually and shines a light on exactly what the media in the USA are - nothing but a political propaganda machine fed by those that want to force their will on the American people.

Yeah, agreed. It's because that machine favors Cruz over Trump and both sides are working together to get Trump out. Every mistake Trump makes will be amplified to try to justify the eventual nomination of a different candidate.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
and.... on the side note....

California DA orders Daleiden's home raided...

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Maybe now they may be able to determine if the videos were deceptively edited.

Mind boggling and morals twisting.

www.liberalamerica.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

The best foundation for any group that wishes to use morality as a justification in the stand is THE TRUTH....
Once they lose that, they've lost their moral justification.

weather they are telling little schoolchildren that they're killing babies across the street from their school in that soon to be planned parenthood clinic that is still under construction, or making up these stings and probably manipulating the videos when they don't get the results they have..
no little schoolchildren, all that racket you hear across the street isn't a great baby killing and processing plant! and no, your ids are fake, you are not this made up person that you are claiming to be (which by the way a real journalist would probably be fired if their bosses found out you were pulling such a thing). you look online, recently they've come out with a video of where thy drilled the lady from stem express rehearsing what she was to say and pumped so much wine into the lady from panned parenthood that she's laughing at one point saying she doesn't even know what she's saying.

how can anything good come out of something when the basic foundation is based on deceit and lies?

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join