It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't realize you two were a thing.

I didn't mean anything by it. Just relax everyone. Let's regroup. Nobody is trying to offend anyone personally here.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

That was a reply to annee (incorrectly) calling her child a parasite. I corrected her on that.

If you would like me to invite my wife into this, I can ask her. But I really don't think you want that.

LOL. I'm just joking man. Lighten up a bit.

That just sounded so cold the way you described that.

It was like something a 1920's sex robot would say to a sexy lawnmower or something. I didn't mean anything serious by it.

No, as someone who has been married to him for 20+ years, he sounds like the scientific-minded man I married. He is a practicing microbiologist. When you get him into talking about this sort of thing, he resorts to technical language.

After all, annee may have aborted her "parasite," but his own mother carried hers and gave it up for adoption.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Did you hear that Annee. You are a sperm receptacle and incubator for a future human being. Fully equipped with uterine wall housing and wall to wall temperature modulation.

Well, not anymore

Guess I can get on with my merry self now that I cain't birth no more babies.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I do expect people to own up for the consequences of their actions, though.

In the way that you decide? Abortion is a responsible way of owning up to one's actions, whether you like or not! Having a child should not be a punishment for enjoying sex!

"I don't like that my enjoyment is biological designed to create a kid, so let's kill the kid!" - windword

A fertilized egg isn't a "kid". What I do with my eggs is my business, not yours!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I do expect people to own up for the consequences of their actions, though.

In the way that you decide? Abortion is a responsible way of owning up to one's actions, whether you like or not! Having a child should not be a punishment for enjoying sex!

"I don't like that my enjoyment is biological designed to create a kid, so let's kill the kid!" - windword

A fertilized egg isn't a "kid". What I do with my eggs is my business, not yours!

Oh, yeah and BTW - - my fist pregnancy was a spontaneous abortion.

Maybe I should be locked up for letting that happen. Somehow must be my fault, right?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Maybe that's why there is such a radical difference in how this is being seen by us then. It's almost like all that scientific knowledge of the "Human Being" has cost you knowledge of what it's like in "Being Human".

People don't make more sense when you break them down to their component level. They make less sense. Their mechanics and functions do not match their patterns of behavior.

I suggest taking some Human Psychology classes too. Maybe just go out to a big park for a few hours on weekends and just casually watch people instead.

You won't understand people's behavior by just leaning their micro-functionality.
edit on 3-4-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

After all, annee may have aborted her "parasite," but his own mother carried hers and gave it up for adoption.

After all, if you believe we are eternal energy beings, that the physical existence experience is chosen.

You could be right.

edit on 3-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
n/m

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

el salvadore seems to think you are!!!

www.thenation.com...

and well, some places in the US might also prosecute and imprison you....
for ya know, doing stupid things, like falling down the stairs, or getting into a car accident...

link   

Did you hear that Annee. You are a sperm receptacle and incubator for a future human being. Fully equipped with uterine wall housing and wall to wall temperature modulation.

Here this entire time I've always thought of you as a woman. I had no idea. What's the resale value on all that equipment anyway???

It's a more correct description than calling a human baby a parasite.

But please by all means try to sound coy and humorous. It kind of endearing to some people, I guess.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
. . . but his own mother carried hers and gave it up for adoption.

I could never give a child up for adoption.

That is so far worse to me.

A living child knows they've been rejected. A non-consciousness parasite does not.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Here this entire time I've always thought of you as a woman. I had no idea. What's the resale value on all that equipment anyway???

But please by all means try to sound coy and humorous. It kind of endearing to some people, I guess.

Definition of parasite: an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

el salvadore seems to think you are!!!

www.thenation.com...

and well, some places in the US might also prosecute and imprison you....
for ya know, doing stupid things, like falling down the stairs, or getting into a car accident...

Lovely.

I got excited and jumped up and down once. Arrest me.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I agree, it is endearing to some people. Mostly the living kind who aren't completely dead inside or without at least some ability to be playful still.

I'm sorry if it didn't compute.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Nope. They cant stay out of our society's laws, and so now its every ones business.

I dont have to just deal with it like people who dont like capital punishment dont have to just deal with it.

Be responsible so you can prove your case. As it stands you have not.

State laws and state awareness, and state funding = my business.

Also, the law was made to help people who might need an abortion. I agree with it. I make exceptions since to me its murder of children. Something I find revolting but will entertain as it may be needed in SOME CASES.

It should not be for everyone doing ZERO to stop REPRODUCING HUMANS THEY DONT WANT, that a doctor needs to kill inside them later.

It is unacceptable to just kill babies because an idiot cant keep their underwear on or do oral or masturbate, or what ever.

It is my business now. Why are you people making so many babies you dont want that later you ask to be killed?

Address that mess. Its careless murder and I dont like it in my society I share with you.

edit on 4 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Nope. They cant stay out of our societies laws, and so now its eveyones business.

Why, because the GOP says so? Roe v Wade is the law of land. Get over it!

Nope. They cant stay out of our societies laws, and so now its eveyones business.

Women hold countless potential human beings as eggs in their ovaries. They have no obligation to bring those eggs into the world as human beings. Sex isn't a contract to reproduce that man's children.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
It is my business now. Why are you people making so many babies you dont want that later ask to be killed?

Just because someone is pro-choice doesn't mean they're making unwanted or aborted babies. Many of us, like yourself have chosen not to reproduce by other means but without demanding that others must do as we do or else.

We believe in letting others figure that out for themselves. Which as luck would have it, is exactly what it means to be Pro-Choice. Letting others choose. Choose kids. Choose Abortion. Choose Abstinence. Choose Anal and Oral Only. Whatever. But it's their choice.

I get to choose for me. You get to choose for you. What could be more fair and more responsible than choosing for oneself how to live their life???

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I didn't realize you two were a thing.

I didn't mean anything by it. Just relax everyone. Let's regroup. Nobody is trying to offend anyone personally here.

As Ketsuko said, I tend revert to clinical terminology at this point in these discussions when 'parasites' and 'my body my choice" are brought up. I'm not trying to offend anyone. That doesn't change the reality of the situation. Sex is first and foremost the vehicle for biological reproduction. Everything else is secondary in the grand scheme of biology, no matter how much you think we have advanced as a species. The recreational/enjoyment is a side effect. It is not the primary reason for the behavior.

I have also tried to point out that humans have higher brain functions which allow us to be proactive in said behavior. A contraceptive like birth control or a condom means that the people involved are actually thinking ahead and trying to avoid the consequences. But even these are not 100% foolproof.

At that point, all I am saying is that the people who engaged in sex willingly, who should have known the risks of such behavior... they have no one to blame but themselves and should own up to the fact that they are now parents.

But this is of course the internet and everyone has a right to their own opinions. Regarding the OP, I don't want women to be punished for an abortion to terminate a pregnancy that could kill her. I don't want to punish a woman for terminating a rape pregnancy, though I do see a strong argument for charging the rapist with involuntary manslaughter.

Will abortions ever be made illegal? Not very likely. Personally, I'd like there to be a birth certificate and death certificate with each procedure, as well as a funeral. We need to stop thinking of aborted babies as discarded tissue. But that is my opinion.

And with that, good night. We haven't solved anything but we all vented a little.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

when I was carrying my last son, the doctor didn't want me picking up my other kids. my husband's work had him gone much of the time I was pregnant... there just wasn't any choice, as any parent with a two year old should know. I also didn't have a running car, so well, I would have to go to the store just about everyday, one in a stroller, one being carried in heck I don't know what they are called, like a back pack only in from that holds your baby for you, head to the store, pick up just enough to get through that day, and well, make my way home, pushing the stroller with one hand, trying to support at least some of the weight of the groceries that I was balancing on the stroller's canapy, and well, all the while having to make sure the baby's head was support....
and well, this doctor was worried about me lifting the baby and two year old?? great advice, even if it was impossible on a practical level. at the end of my pregnancy, I was kind of afraid to pick up my kids and walk with them even, the baby wasn't sitting right inside me, was sending streams of pain down my legs, I didn't trust my ability to walk and well, yet, every day, we'd go through the same thing, walk the four blocks to the store and back, with the doctor still griping about me lifting those kids...

but, the hubby never decided to take time off from work, neither the doctor or anyone else ever offered any assistance, so well, I had no choice. My third child was a healthy baby weighing 9.5 lbs... and was the cutest little baby I had ever seen... but he was a bitch throughout the pregnancy!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Cool. It was a good talk man. Really.

I know I enjoyed it and learned a little something too.

The best to you and Ketsuko. We may not always, or ever, agree. But I still like you both.

More proof that people aren't always rational or do what's in their best interest.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join