It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So what???

What is so special about a Human fetus??? Humanity destroys every form of life it's ever encountered for either food or fun. That includes other Humans as well. We do it with sport, for pleasure, war, or just plan experimentation.

Humans also abuse and torture so many other life forms in the most horrid ways imaginable.

Sometimes a human ends up being a great thing. Sometimes not. Sometimes they end up becoming something that should never have been born. That's a fact. Why sugar coat it in to something else.

Humanity isn't special even though occasionally some people are.

So do the right thing and kill the people that have done something wrong,

not assume that any and all human fetus will screw up the world.

I'm amazed at your arrogance and self loathing at the same time.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Nope. Perhaps you can restate it?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

How do they do this "culling"?

So you are on the same level as an animal?

I don't think I'm so special as to not be included with animals. Especially highly intelligent ones. Humans are just a bit more advanced in some areas that's all. But I also think more retarded in some areas as well.

I think abortion is a far more compassionate method than how animals do their culling. I don't agree on waiting until something is born and living before terminating it. Certainly not waiting until it's fully conscious.

Abortion takes place before there is any conscious memory or self awareness happening. You seem to think that I want Abortions for everyone. You're wrong. But I don't ignore reality or shy away from it's more complex issues by playing some make believe story based on what I believe rather than what I know is happening right before my eyes.

That's why I say let people choose for themselves. The same way I'd want to be able to choose for myself. It's fair. It's honest. It shows respect for other individuals. It's the only way everyone is equal and free.

If that is what you consider the actions of an animal, then I'm proud to be an animal.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: UKTruth

Mr. Trump answered the question honestly as per his religious beliefs, but I do agree that Mr. Trump needs to start thinking on a deeper more practical level.

He did he just got caught in a logic trap. If a state or federal made abortion illegal than by that very fact a woman that gets an abortion would be at the very least siding and abetting a crime. The doctors can't perform an illegal abortion without them. Saying they can break the law with no consequences but instead charging the person who assists them in their goal is like prosecuting the driver of a bank robbery but letting the bank robbers go free.

I learned a long time ago you can't use logic on certain issues abortion being one of them. And compromises have been made and we see that doesn't work either we just have two sides unhappy. Bottom line is the only reason trump was asked this is a gotcha question. His opinion on it means nothing a president can't overturn the supreme court. This is just an attempt to create an issue to influence voters and trump fell in head first.

The thing is, he answer wasn't wrong, either.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

So do the right thing and kill the people that have done something wrong,

not assume that any and all human fetus will screw up the world.

I'm amazed at your arrogance and self loathing at the same time.

I don't encourage killing people though. That's your thing. A fetus isn't a person. BTW, I don't kill fetuses either. But if I did I wouldn't consider it murder.

I don't assume they are all screwed up. Why do you assume they will all be wonderful???

Thank you. I'm always happy that I amaze people for whatever reason.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Still legal isn't it?

70 million abortions since RvW.

Who is the murderous one?

That's because it's not murder. So I really wouldn't know.

Yes I know, it's legal to kill.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yes I know, it's legal to kill.

Yep. It certainly is. In more ways than one. We do way more killing life than we do creating it. All forms of life. You name it, we've probably killed it more times than you can count.

It's a little late in the game to try and say any different isn't it. We are what we are. You can either accept that reality or keep playing pretend.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Why do people always go to "Well he does it too!"
... Just seems to me that if people are liars, maybe you shouldn't trust them to represent you.

Personally I'm voting for Sanders, because he's actually not a piece of crap, but if you're one of those anti-Sanders people, why don't you write in Godzilla or Harold Kumar or Scrooge McDuck?

Seriously people always complain about their representatives being lying corporate prostitutes, but they keep buying into the whole "Better vote for my team regardless of their voting record" schtick.

Come on meow, let's have a little resolve.
Settling for only 2 parties means you will always have to choose the lesser of two evils.
Vote 3rd party.
edit on 1-4-2016 by LAkadian because: Spelling error

edit on 1-4-2016 by LAkadian because: Spelling error

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
(Trump thought that this was what conservatives wanted to hear.)

Then he found out that the most extreme anti-abortionist never call for punishment of the woman.

Who is pushing this mem? I don't think it's anywhere near the truth. Rather a psychological trick or a wish.
I call for the punishment of the woman so it's not true.

If a woman has no responsibility she is back in times of no rights as a person. No vote right, just a sack of flash as it used to be.
In this case man has 100% right over her.
Logic is judging you here. We are far from being good animals. We are judged as responsible. You can grant her 49% or even 50% if you are an atheist but never more. Be it a person or potencial person, fetus or piece of flash - it is 50% man. She just injured what is not 100% her body in eyes of many men and women.

Government laws and 3rd party involvement is another thing. Legality of a surgery and making money by selling poisons is not the same thing as granting you the right to use herbs and fast. We can discuss her right to treat what is only 50% of her DNA like it was just some kind of unwanted virus but once the society agrees on a law it will judge her as a responsible person. Trump made it clear he won't push against it not that he will force you to become Poland in 4 years. That's all

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

I am also not anti-adoption nor pro-abortion...very complex social issue, I must say.

No one is pro abortion.

People are Pro Choice. The right of the woman to make a choice.

I think even this is starting to change. Whilst I would assume a minority, a women recently posted a video of her abortion online and another posted a video about how wonderful the experience was. Society gets sicker by the day, all in the name of 'what's right for me'.
edit on 1/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

For action there is a reaction. Extremes create an extreme reaction. There have been 288 state laws between 2011-15 directed at one gender to oppress her freedom of choice.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

I am also not anti-adoption nor pro-abortion...very complex social issue, I must say.

No one is pro abortion.

People are Pro Choice. The right of the woman to make a choice.

I think even this is starting to change. Whilst I would assume a minority, a women recently posted a video of her abortion online and another posted a video about how wonderful the experience was. Society gets sicker by the day, all in the name of 'what's right for me'.

Shall we just take your word for it? Or are you going to provide links?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Your comment is sexist. Abortion is an issue for men and women. Any laws passed effect both.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The issue is sexist. Do men have to worry about the dates of their menstrual cycle? That language is in the laws constructed against women and their right to choose abortion.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, I gave birth to three kids. How many more do think a family should have in these times? Birth control is culling. I mean, our nation can't even provide safe drinking water anymore.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Actually, if I were Trump I would have said:

Abortion is the law and as President I must uphold the law. But, we can include both parties in the punishment. For every child there must be a father who pays for the pre natal exams and procedures, meds, and child support for 20yrs. or go to prison. If child is put in foster care, both parties must pay for support of child til adopted or go to prison. Where said child can visit both in prison.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Maybe because I am sick and tired of this level of gotcha question from the press?

So, Trump was a victim of the press? They treat him "unfairly", as he ALWAYS says... He's a big cry baby. Asking a presidential candidate how he will implement his ideas is NOT a "gotcha" question! LOL! Could Trump have taken a minute to read the GOP platform? For Christ's sake, he's running on the GOP ticket!

Matthews asked a complete hypothetical, something absolutely unrealistic, and he answered it in that vein.

Yes, and what's wrong with that? It's "unfair"???

Trump should take a page from the GOP platform and show a little personal responsibility! He takes responsibility for NOTHING!!! And his followers support his whole victim persona...
edit on 4/1/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If it were illegal then anyone practicing it- doctors, untrained back-alley 'professional' and the women getting them would all be prosecuted. If it's against the law, then anyone involved would be punished, right?

Then we'd be left with a fewer number of qualified doctors, the expense of jailing women who did not feel like they were up to motherhood, a drastic rise in deaths due to to infections and botched abortions, the expense of medically treating women who tried to get an illegal abortion and ended up with severe health problems, even more unpaid child support, even more family violence, even more abused and neglected children, even more children in foster care....and in 20 years a spike in crime.

Sounds like a great plan, pro-'life'ers!

* Not that I'm a Trump supporter by any means, but the question was a no win. No matter what his answer SOMEONE would have been offended.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

P.S. Women are ALREADY being punished:
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Exhibits D-J
Exhibit K
Exhibit L
Exhibit M

Ok, you get the picture...

Unpaid child support: $108 BILLION. And this article was from 4 years ago, how high is it now?
Source

Women as custodial parents who are supposed to receive child support: 58.4%
Men as custodial parents who are supposed to receive child support: 28.8%
(not sure what the leftover 12.8% represents)
Source

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Actually, if I were Trump I would have said:

Abortion is the law and as President I must uphold the law. But, we can include both parties in the punishment. For every child there must be a father who pays for the pre natal exams and procedures, meds, and child support for 20yrs. or go to prison. If child is put in foster care, both parties must pay for support of child til adopted or go to prison. Where said child can visit both in prison.

Star for your post - although I disagree with it in terms of what Trump should have said.

I don't think Trump is pro-life at all on this issue and he keeps getting himself caught out trying to defend a view he doesn't really hold. You can tell when he has conviction on something because he always looks strong (right or wrong) when discussing it.

I think he has been trying to raise his ceiling within the GOP voting pool but he's making a mistake - he should be broadening his appeal to moderates (which make up a lot of the silent majority). After all, moderates rarely get so angry about an issue that they entrench themselves in a personal view that would drive their voting behaviour.

What i think he should be saying, and what i think he believes (from watching old interviews and reading old articles on him) is that abortion should be properly considered and allowed under an agreed set of circumstances/laws, but that the far left 'it's my body and I can do anything I like' views and the far right 'throw people in jail for committing murder' views should be rejected. There simply isn't a right or wrong on this subject, so getting caught out by a yes or no question was pretty dumb on his part.

edit on 1/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join