It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The fact that it's guys like this that like the idea of Punishing women for abortions. Should be reason enough for anyone to NOT choose to join in with that side of the argument.

Shoebat is truly one of the most vile and putrid human being I've ever been aware of in my life. I can honestly say that the world would be so much better off without him or those like him.

To me, he is exactly the reason why abortion should allowed. I'm just disappointed he slipped by his own abortion to become what he is today.

edit on 31-3-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How do you know God created a particular life when immaculate conception is possible by him...her. This really is mostly about religious dogma.
edit on 31-3-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Mr. Trump answered the question honestly as per his religious beliefs, but I do agree that Mr. Trump needs to start thinking on a deeper more practical level.
edit on 31-3-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't think there were any cash-for-children social programs back then either. I have a couple of cousins in Milwaukee who receive nice checks each month for their children.

For what exactly??? Can you explain that one more??? Did they sell their children to someone who's making payments or something??? Are they parting them out like an old car??? I need more info just to begin to understand what you're talking about.

One of my adopted sons was #8 out of his mother's womb. She was a baby making machine. Lived comfortably, got the drugs she wanted, and never had to work.

One of your adopted sons??? How many kids have you spawned??? Was this woman your wife???

Every state is different, but in Wisconsin there a multiple programs. Also, Milwaukee county has one or two.
Here's a link to the state of Wisconsin assistance programs: singlemotherguide.com...

Single Mom's collaborate and work together to milk the system to it's max..in every state. They stack the single-parent benefits with other benefits designed for low-income adults. I don't understand it all, but my Milwaukee cousins have a lot of time on their hands to learn the game and play it. It's interesting that they do well for themselves in one of the most restrictive states, where the governor (Scott Walker) has reduced spending so drastically.

An answer to your second question: My wife and I were married for 18 years without producing children. (Was fun trying though!) We ultimately went to Chicago's Department of Children and Family Services, and adopted 2 babies whose Moms were not allowed to keep them.

I answered your questions, but will not hijack this thread further. It's disrespectful to the thread starter, and annoying to everyone else. I hate arriving at a thread and finding that some numb-nut has taken it off topic...don't you, mOjOm?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Actually, discussing adoption is right in line with anti-abortion ideology.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Actually, discussing adoption is right in line with anti-abortion ideology.

Why?

Personally I could never treat a living child as "potluck" to whoever is next in line for a baby.

I would choose to abort a lump of cells before taking a blind chance my living child would be loved and cared for.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

True, what with the horror stories I've read about foster care and some adoptive parents. But for those women who are in a religious or moral battle, there is that hope that the child may successfully navigate the stormy seas.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

An answer to your second question: My wife and I were married for 18 years without producing children. (Was fun trying though!) We ultimately went to Chicago's Department of Children and Family Services, and adopted 2 babies whose Moms were not allowed to keep them.

I answered your questions, but will not hijack this thread further. It's disrespectful to the thread starter, and annoying to everyone else. I hate arriving at a thread and finding that some numb-nut has taken it off topic...don't you, mOjOm?

Oh, ok. I get it now. The woman is the biological mother of your two Adopted sons. Sorry, when you said "My sons" I was confused at first who "the woman" was. Back on track now.

I suppose it all depends on where the topic is at in it's discussion. I think this one has pretty much run it's course and IMO your personal life and first hand experience in this is more interesting than what most people's opinions are of it.

But I'm not going to press any further. I already feel weird about asking so many person questions about your life anyway. But thanks for being a good sport about it this far.

Cheers to you and your family too.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

have you looked at the bribes that russia has offered in the past to women who opt to have babies... they make our welfare system look sick and cheap!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It's pretty clear from previous comments, books, and interviews, the sort of value Trump assigns to women.

Hopefully people are smart enough to look in his past, and realize the sort of "support" his administration would offer to women in this country. He has not changed his spots.. he is the king of BS and lies.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Personally I could never treat a living child as "potluck" to whoever is next in line for a baby.

I would choose to abort a lump of cells before taking a blind chance my living child would be loved and cared for.

I agree. I think actually giving birth knowing that you don't want the child and won't care for it and are going to give it to some organization to dish out as they see fit is far worse than terminating it while it's still just some unconscious lump of cells.

If you're having the child for another couple or something that's different. That I see as quite noble actually. If a couple can't have a kid of their own and you choose to birth one for them to raise that is quite a sacrifice that I'm sure is difficult for many to do.

But the idea that you actually go all the way to birth one knowing that you want nothing to do with it and are just going to hand it to strangers to do who knows what is pretty cold. That child will grow up always knowing, even if it has good foster parents, that they were refused by their parents for some reason.

Seems more compassionate to end it before it begins an actual life with conscious awareness and memories.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

True, what with the horror stories I've read about foster care and some adoptive parents. But for those women who are in a religious or moral battle, there is that hope that the child may successfully navigate the stormy seas.

There's hope and there's reality.

My first husband was adopted. For the most part he was lucky. He was much loved by an older couple that had been turned down for adoption. He was a special case, being a preemie weighing only 3 lbs. The doctor was a friend of theirs and arranged an emergency private adoption.

But, he was so much more then his parents. A very intelligent man who was in many ways held back by parents that were very sweet, but not much else.

There are other adoptions in the family. Nothing horrific, but only one that I'd say was fully successful.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Oh yeah. If you're attractive and have some talent that he can use I'm sure he sees great value in those women. However if you're average or less on the attractive scale or he sees nothing in the woman he can utilize for his own benefit or pleasure he'll see them as essentially worthless.

Men I'd assume are much the same. Only disregarding the Attractive part. In fact, the opposite might apply then as if you're too handsome of a man or too capable his ego might feel threatened by it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

My niece and her husband recently adopted a premie with many health issues, that child could not have gotten a better situation.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Responsibility is doing the right thing and the right thing is always to protect and to serve life when you have the power to do so.

Says you. What about the Marine sniper in Afghanistan? What about the person sitting on a capital punishment jury, deciding the life or death of an alleged criminal?

It's legal.

Doesn't square morally with you, does it?

Sniper target shouldn't have done something to get sniped, criminal shouldn't have done the crime if they can't do the time.

The unborn?

Spontaneous pregnancies should be legal to abort.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

My niece and her husband recently adopted a premie with many health issues, that child could not have gotten a better situation.

Awesome!

I'm very much about LIVING CHILDREN.

I wanted to adopt. To save at least one child. But, it wasn't meant to be.

I am not anti adoption. Just to be clear.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I am also not anti-adoption nor pro-abortion...very complex social issue, I must say.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
It's legal.

Sniper target shouldn't have done something to get sniped, criminal shouldn't have done the crime if they can't do the time.

The unborn?

Spontaneous pregnancies should be legal to abort.

Abortion is legal too.

Who says a sniper target has done something to get sniped?? Some people are targets because someone else is just a murderous A-Hole.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Now, you are making things up. If you knew about the laws of nature, you would know animals and plants cull their numbers when stressed for life sustaining food, shelter, water.

They "cull" their own?

Is that what let's you think abortion is ok?

We are "culling"?

Gee, why not say, "thin the herd"?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Morality isn't black and white, it's a complicated and personal concept.
edit on 31-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join