It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superdelegates vow to back Hillary Clinton anyway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We always knew that our delegates were not for us and only served for themselves.

Though the story may be about Bernie and Clinton I am sure some super delegates on the Republican side will vote for her as well instead of who the people voted for.

Maybe the system really is rigged.

At least a half-dozen Democratic superdelegates in New York State who have already decided to support Hillary Clinton said Tuesday they would maintain their allegiance to her — regardless of the results of the Empire State’s primary.

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 30-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Though the story may be about Bernie and Clinton I am sure some super delegates on the Republican side will vote for her as well instead of who the people voted for.

What? The Republicans don't HAVE super delegates. And if there were, they certainly wouldn't vote for Hillary. Get your information straight before you go mouthing off.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
But it's so much easier to spew inaccurate garbage all over the internet.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Of course the Establishment will choose to back their own chosen unelectable puppet of choice over someone who is outside of their power.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Hum, I wonder

With the presidential primaries in full swing, you can expect to hear a whole lot more about delegates and superdelegates over the next couple of months. In Iowa, Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton outright tied each other, but Clinton's superdelegates put her over the top. What about in the GOP? Do Republicans get superdelegates, and could they tip the nomination?

The technical answer is that yes, the Republican Party does have superdelegates. However, they function differently for the GOP than Democrats, and in 2016, Republican superdelegates will have way, way less power and autonomy than the superdelegates on the Democratic side.

Does The GOP Have Superdelegates? The Republican Party's Nomination Rules Are Different This Year

What was that again about Republicans not having superdelgates?

It is only that they lack any real potency.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Looks like Bernie Democrats are getting "told".

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like Bernie Democrats are getting "told".

Everyone is being told.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
:shk: Rats I forgot how to do the shaking head
edit on 30-3-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Doesn't work any more. Pity.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My thinking is republicans will vote for the opposing party against Trump if he makes it to the nomination, and against the peoples will, just like the dems are doing.

edit on 30-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

At least a half-dozen Democratic superdelegates in New York State who have already decided to support Hillary Clinton said Tuesday they would maintain their allegiance to her — regardless of the results of the Empire State’s primary

Translation: 6 superdelegates in Hillary's home state are confirmed to be voting for Hillary regardless of how the New York primary turns out. How many superdelegates are there in total again? I'm pretty damn sure it isn't a number close to 6. Heck, how many are there in New York alone?
edit on 30-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

the whole issue is that delegates we voted for in both parties are going to vote for anyone but the ones we are voting for.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

the whole issue is that delegates we voted for in both parties are going to vote for anyone but the ones we are voting for.

Yeah I get that, but you are blowing the issue out of proportion. This is only six superdelegates, and they may cave to political pressure still as well. You're making it seem like it's game over already for Bernie.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Of course the Establishment will choose to back their own chosen unelectable puppet of choice over someone who is outside of their power.

Basically.

Even if you throw out the superdelegates, Hillary still has more pledged ones. But, Bernie has momentum.

Can you imagine the fitful nights' sleep some of the establishment are having considering a Bernie vs. Trump scenario? LOL. Either way, we both lose, but at least this way, they are one of the losing parties!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's their oarty, they can disregard the electorate if they want to.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
EVERYONE NEEDS TO JUST LIGHTEN UP! You've got a front row seat at the freak show, so sit back and enjoy!
edit on 30-3-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: changes

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

no I make it as if it is game over for Trump.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

I believe the the GOP is disregarding the electorate and the peoples choice just to keep Trump from winning

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah I get that, but you are blowing the issue out of proportion. This is only six superdelegates, and they may cave to political pressure still as well. You're making it seem like it's game over already for Bernie.

Not so much the number of supers now... But it is when they are counted. My worry is it may start a trend. I hear you though Krazy.

I am so jaded that I think it is like poker and Hillary just upped the ante on Bernie pushing her chips to the center of the table and giving Bernie that pursed lip smirk that only Hillary can give.

Please tell me it is just my imagination...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

My thoughts go deeper that just this primary stuff but looking forward to the actual race of 2016 when the final two are set. These elected delegates will not care one iota for who the people vote for they all put the one they have already previously intend into office.

This story though it talks of Bernie and Hillary is just the prelude to Hillary and Trump.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join