It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges for Minneapolis officers in Jamar Clark death, prosecutor says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Here is the original thread on the shooting . NOw, how will this affect the citizens of Minneapolis. How will BLM react to the news?

I predict more possible riots. This is what the prosecution said

Schwarze shot Clark only after Ringgenberg scuffled with Clark, during which time Clark took control of Ringgenberg's gun and Ringgenberg told Schwarze to open fire, the prosecutor said.

Once more the argument of the deceased, being unarmed, will come to play for the public. Il like to hear what say you ATS?

NO charges for Minneapolice Polie officers

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Did they release the video?

They have a video of the shooting. I don't understand why it wouldn't be released. It's very simple, release the video and show what happened. Either it happened as the police say, or it didn't. By not releasing the video all it does is give anyone on the fence a reason to join the anti-police movement.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader
This is gonna get ugly, fast. With recent events of similar incidents fresh on the minds of many, public outcry can morph into riots with little prodding.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Exactly, I am curious if the reason being, would = riots.

thanks for posting,

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Exactly, I am curious if the reason being, would = riots.

thanks for posting,

Even that is easily solved. Release the video, which would be true "transparency", and if it shows the officer in a negative light then throw him to the wolves(figuratively, charge him criminally).

You show your true attempts at transparency and holding officers accountable, it not only would quell the outcry but might actually get a few people to move to a more favorable view of their local law enforcement.

All I hear is this transparency BS from Harteau. Transparency is releasing the footage, period.

ETA: They are so quick to release the footage when it's beneficial. It's foolish, how dumb do they think people are. Footage that is withheld or outright locked down never to see the light of day, would make anyone with common sense capable of determining what the footage would show.
edit on 30-3-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I really don't understand this decision. It seemed that Freeman took it upon himself to make the decision. It seemed that the media kept bringing up that the courts have failed to indite anyone of the 40+ some cases it heard when it comes to officers.

By taking the decision away from them, and making it himself, it seemed that the reason for this(or so implied) was because the courts had a poor track record. It really seemed like the only way for anything to come from this, would be if he himself(or a sole person) made the choice.

Yet he just goes and does the business as usual thing, and says "it's all good here". The only thing he has accomplished is probably putting a target on himself with regards to social outcry. Seems pretty stupid to me.

I don't know one way or the other what really happened, but as I mentioned. By withholding the only impartial and factual evidence from the equation, the police are all but admitting their guilt and welcoming the oncoming storm that this will cause.

Fools

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

This situation follows the standard practice of LE in post-shooting actions. The rank and file, brass and police unions circle the wagons, and attempt to mollify the public with promises of thorough investigations with little transparency. I understand the need for evidence in preparation for possible jurisprudence, but it often seems as though release of information comes only after the situation is on the brink of spiraling out of control.

Transparency and an open relationship between the public and those tasked to protect them would go a long way in calming the waters instead of stoking the distrust many have for LE and their actions in shooting incidents.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
According to Freeman's statement the physical evidence confirms the officers version of events and there was a reasonable threat to officers and civillians nearby.

When Ringgenberg and Schwarze arrived, they ordered Clark to remove his hands from his pockets to make sure he did not have a gun. When he refused, the officers moved in and attempted to handcuff Clark. When he resisted, Ringgenberg took Clark to the ground and landed on top of him. However, Ringgenberg felt his gun move to the small of his back. When he reached for it, he felt Clark’s hand on the gun, an account that was supported by DNA evidence.

Schwarze threatened to shoot Clark if he did not release the gun. Clark refused to do so and Schwarze shot Clark in the head. Officer Schwarze’s actions were reasonable because if Clark successfully pulled the gun from the holster, Ringgenberg and Schwarze would have been shot and other bystanders might have been hit as well, Freeman said.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Too cold to riot or protect in Minneapolis...anyway the ice is breaking up and it is time to bet on when the truck will sink thru the ice....you bet ya!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

All video evidence has been released and is available here.

www.hennepinattorney.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

All video evidence has been released and is available here.

www.hennepinattorney.org...

A lot of the video's released up to this point are pretty poor, emergency vehicle videos seem to be from the ambulance responding post shooting. There is still some videos listed that are not posted, yet.

Braylock - witness
Cherry - witness

and possibly the better videos of the actual incident

Squad Videos

SquadP76699
SquadP76703_EXT
SquadP76703_INT
SquadP76706_EXT
SquadPark02239

I'm really not coming at this from a pro jamar or pro police standpoint, just want the truth. If they have clear, decisive video showing the altercation, that's all I think anyone has ever been asking for.

ETA: After looking through some of the information, looks like this one will never be cut and dried. From the timeline it appears that the most important video, from the first officers on scene, doesn't exist.

"MPD Officers Schwarze and Ringgenberg arrived on the scene from the 4th Precinct stationhouse, which is only 3 blocks away. They
parked behind EMS Supervisor Trullinger’s Suburban. Because the officers were so close to 1611 Plymouth and the call was for ambulance
assistance, they did not activate lights and sirens which, in turn, means that their squad’s video cameras were not automatically activated. Trullinger met the officers and told them that the person in the ambulance was assaulted by the person up on the curb who was also interfering
with the paramedics."

Sounds like this will remain a he said she said, sadly in this day and age the police won't get(and in many cases, don't deserve) the benefit of the doubt.

They need to get these body cams rolled out ASAP, video is impartial and it will benefit EVERYONE.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Here is the original thread on the shooting . NOw, how will this affect the citizens of Minneapolis. How will BLM react to the news?

I predict more possible riots. This is what the prosecution said

Schwarze shot Clark only after Ringgenberg scuffled with Clark, during which time Clark took control of Ringgenberg's gun and Ringgenberg told Schwarze to open fire, the prosecutor said.

Once more the argument of the deceased, being unarmed, will come to play for the public. Il like to hear what say you ATS?

NO charges for Minneapolice Polie officers

Here is the thread you started in Dec with lots of great info, facts, evidence, ect...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
At least one North Minneapolis grocery store has closed early and sent employees home.

There are protests planned starting at 5:00 local time.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The live scanner is up here, as well as being a great place for multiple live streams if things kick off.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join