It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets settle this! Would the UK have survived WW2 without the USA.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Totally agree with you.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Had the US never entered in to world war 2 to it's outcome would have been very much in question.

Hitler made far too many tactical, and strategic blunders.

Culminating in a few super weapons compared to the capability the US had at the time.

To be able to mass produce, and replenish equipment, and troops.

It is that industrial capacity that 'won' the war.

At a price though.

Since FDR confiscated Americans gold ,and silver to pay off that debt after robbing fort knox.

Money, supplies.

No war can be won without them.
edit on 30-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2016 by neo96 because: holy double posts batman

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The Yanks were obliged to help us, as someone said in an earlier post, we were allies and helped each other.

I assume we would have managed to prevail, but at a much heavier cost. The Yanks just helped us with what we were already doing. Allies.

History may not have all the facts, but it always has the final answer.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You are right. I was generalizing, but I still think we were far better off with radar systems and torpedo guidance systems the British gave us. The ability to raid at night was a huge factor and a direct product of British radar systems they gifted us. Interesting side note, the myth of eating carrots for better eye sight was born to hide this new technological ability. We wanted to send the axis powers on carrot eating binges so they didnt think we had a new capability they could steal from us via spying or try to counter.

LOL

edit on 3 30 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Well if the USA never entered it we could still be fighting now' The Germans might have invaded but they would never beat us. The British have fought each other for hundreds of years and the act of Union in 1707 was the only solution. I can just imagine the Germans in Glencoe in the middle of December. Remember the Romans took over everywhere but build Hadrian's wall to stop the Scots. The Scots beat them with mind tricks' they would ambush some Romans strip the bodies down to the bone and scatter them around a fire to make it look as though they had ate them,
you should read some of the letter Romans sent home and its hard to believe that they were actually terrified of getting captured by the Scots' so knowing this the Scots used to do raids stealing cattle in England and the Roman kind of looked the other way rather than confront them ( its a good read)
Hadrian's wall was kind of like the Russian Front was to the Germans.
The English would not give up either nor the welsh and the Irish would have joined in' I think Hitler knew this and that's why he tried to get the UK to join him and split the difference. With the USA joining it speeded up things, Remember England had a 100 year war with the French and the Scots and English fought for about 400 years, I think in these Islands we just don't like getting beat and plan to win even if it takes 100 years as this Island are the only home we have.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: crazyewok

You have forgotten the one who really defeated Hitler: Stalin.

Without the manufacturing might of the United States Russia would have lost. That said, WW II was a true team effort.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Brotherman

Without the us the nazis would have perfected the V series icbm and more then likely nuclear technology

You do relise that at the start of WW II The U.K. had the most advanced nuclear programme on the planet?

Or did you not know ?

Look up " Project Tube Alloys "

At the start of WW2 the UK still couldn't pay off its debt to the USA from WW1 which legally blocked the USA from extending credit to the UK too. Who remembers lend-lease? At the time it was thought the UK would be crushed shortly after the fall of France and it would be wise to save our supplies to defend the western hemisphere. Out of it the UK got a mega ***k ton of obsolete war ships and other odds and ends.
If the the nuke programs and icbm programs were duds, why did the USA take their scientists and help build the bomb that we used to nuke Japan? I'd imagine there was alot more substance to these programs at the time then you are giving credit for. Without the USA the UK wouldn't be what it is today for sure if it survived. Hell Churchills 99 year land leases to the USA as basically a bargaining chip just for supplies are still in effect today and that was before the US sent tanks or air or anything neat, to me that was a move made in desperation for help. The UK was DESPERATE for help. So you tell me.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The stats say it all. 73 % of the nazi war machines losses were to the Russians. That means the rest of us took care of what was left. WW 2 was won at Starlingrad. If Hitler would have gone down south to the oil fields as planned and waited the russians out till summer it may have been different.

If the US had not joined in then more of Europe would have been communist as it was a race to germany. The British did defeat the natzis in North Africa before the Americans joined. This was only because Montgomery took over and he insited that he got all the supplies he asked for while Rommel was not so lucky. Montgomery also borrowed quite a few american tanks before the americans officially joined.

Now lets talk about why WW 2 was started. Hitler rose from the ashes of WW1 and Germany saw none of the affluent roaring 20's. The depression in the 30's just made it easier for him to take over. Inflation was so bad that a wheelbarrow full of cash could not buy a loaf of bread and Germans were starving. Hitler was financed by the Bush family and other wealthy american banker/wallstreet financiers and they did make money. However, Hitler got out of their control when he began to print his own money and had debt to no one. The economic german miracle from last to first gave Hitler man of the year in Time Magazine. Unfotunately, the bankers dont like that . Kennedy, Lincoln and the other assasinated presidents where also guilty of printing their own cash.

Now to the mystery of the Jewish Extermination of how this attrocity could have ever happened. The Jews in medieval Europe could not even sell vegitables as only christian made veggies one could eat . They were educated in Synagoges and if you could read and do math it meant you were working as a tax man or banker and they dominated these positions as most europeans had little or no education till the last century. Therefore of the dozen or so families who have controlled europe financially over the last few hundred years half are Jewish. The three in Germany are jewish and they wanted high interest rates to finance the war. Hitler decided to get rid of them all by wiping an entire people out. Thank God he was unsuccessful. I just wish he had nailed the bankers instead and then lost.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

They wouldve A-bombed you if they had time.

But yeah UK is on that superman shizz.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Text

Text

Survived, yes, speaking German at the behest of Hitler. But let's just not stop with the UK. Would the world not have been in the hands of the Nazi and the Japanese if not for the US? (Actually, they probably would be speaking Russian because without the US entering the fray, The Soviets would have eventually defeated the Nazis and eventually would have marched across Europe (racing through France, of course,) and tackled the UK on their home field.)

Or we can ask the question in another way from the OP's way: How would the UK have survived on its own and that means without the millions of dollars worth of free "lend lease" materials that the US supplied.

This really is a no brain and I'm quite willing to let it go but if not for those that claim that the UK was merely starting to get its second wind after Dunkirk.

Again.

Lend lease was not charity or help.

It was a buisness transaction.

The UK paid for all that material.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
No. England was losing badly.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti

That may or may not be true but they had the Scots and Welsh onside so all was still good.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I award you 1 billion imaginary stars

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: ScepticScot

I award you 1 billion imaginary stars

All this member needs to say is William F****Ng Wallace or Steven Seagal and you lose.

(please dont take this post serious and smash a swig for ole Brotherman and laugh)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Sea-gal or Seagull

Stevesegal?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti

History says otherwise like:

The victory at the battle if Britain

Germany's retreat in Eygpt

The Intact royal navy

Don't sure how Germany was going to invade the UK with a intact navy and Airforce?

Really were do some of you pull this from?
edit on 31-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I had thought that Russia was massing ,or preparing to so Hitler might have reacted to that.
Hitler is MOSTLY why Germany lost in MY opinion.
Turning down advanced weapons for production in favor of known tech,NOT really listening to his BRILLIANT commanders.
AND finally being basicly insane in the first place.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Sea-gal or Seagull

Stevesegal?

Hey I have a Microsoft phone, that's what I'm using sorry Steve for the auto correct please dont pistol whip me half past dead

No serious L Microsoft phones just spell n do what they want

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Germany were never going to get across the Channel, that's for sure.

I too feel that without America stepping in, that England would have done ok. But, if America stayed out of it completely, as in didnt supply anything whatsoever, it may have been a different story.

It may have also been a different story had Hitler not tried to take on Russia when he did..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join