It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon and others may have to answer for alleged lies about global warming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Well put. Hopefully, charges are brought to Exxon executives and changes are finally made.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Some lawyers are going to get rich from this one..

Years and years of legal fees.
Proof that global warming even exists. (In court)
Proof that ExxonMobil knew it was dangerous.
The list of evidence needed to convict will be extensive.
Good luck with that.

I see you see the same things as I do,

Quote from the link,

“We are here today because we’re all committed to pursuing what you might call an ‘all levers approach.’ Every state has different laws, different statutes, different ways of going about this. The bottom line is simple. Climate change is real; it is a threat to all the people we represent"
So yes, they need to prove Climate...sorry, Anthropological Climate Change is real.
Statements like that quote above smack of desperation so much it's in your face.

Of course no evidence that may or may not be already out there was offered, and it seems the link didn't bother to fill in all the many gaps either.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

or they can simply change hundreds of years of civil law like they did for the tobacco master settlement.

What this lawsuit is about is that no one can debate government policy or its against the law.

Talk about lack of freedom

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well, at least they are not giving up. Their best chance to usher in the NWO or a one world government is through the ridiculous claims of man made global warming. To imagine there are people out there with an ego large enough to believe we will leave any trace upon this planet over time.

I am human hear me roar.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: mc_squared

Well put. Hopefully, charges are brought to Exxon executives and changes are finally made.

Glad to see someone advocating "Changes".

So, are You now going to stop driving your gasoline car or truck, stop buying heating oil for winter, turn off all your electric devices, unless they are solar or wind powered, stop buying anything made of plastic, ......I could go on, but you get the gist.

Why Exxon only? Why not the J Paul Getty, and his father and his grand father....all in the oil game.

Or Standard oil and the Rocka-fellas, and their grandaddys and those before them....

Sue them all, we say, as soon as the Earth sees the money...She will stop Global Warming.....and maybe start Global Cooling....Just for a laugh...

Puny humans, the Earth will say...cant live with them,can't live........ Oh Wait!! Yes I can!!!

Only Mother Earth knows what will happen in the future....She makes it up as She goes along....with the help of Daddy (Sun) and Grand Dad...the Universe....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join