It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal, Terrible Service, Rewarding Scammers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Had a terrible experience with PayPal and I am absolutely livid right now. First of all, I call for customer support and get kept on hold for 30+ minutes, they finally answer, then I get put BACK on hold. I give up, and have to try again later on.

So to cut to the chase, someone (a scammer) deposited 2 $450.00 Canadian dollars into my PayPal Account. I email the address tied to the account and say exactly the following:

Marcus, I am the owner of the [email protected] PayPal account, and I found that you have made two $450 deposits to this account. I am unfamiliar with your name, and am not sure if this was done by mistake or if this is for services/products that have been provided to you. Can you please look into this and let me know?

Thank you for your time. Sincerely, xxxxxx

I got a mailerdeamon, permanently failed message so my email didn't go through (but I do have it as evidence)

I thought I refunded both of these transactions. Apparently one of the $450.00 transactions wasn't refunded (BUT, I didn't "accept", because I would never accept money from someone I don't know ESPECIALLY online).

I tried to "resolve the dispute" online. But the payment amount to resolve it is something like $483.00

Right now it's at a standstill because I've tried calling 4 diff times and I haven't gotten through except for one time when they put me BACK on hold after I explained the issue.

I'm at a loss for words as to how this supposedly respectable company is helping to reward thieves and scammers and can't provide any type of decent service for honest customers.

I'm not sure if it hit a 45-day period and my account automatically accepted it or what, but this whole thing sounds like total BS.

Anyone else have experience with this type of scenario? I'm so pissed I haven't even been able to get ANY answers yet. What kind of junk service is this, it's like my wannabe Credit Union I go to (Service Credit Union if any of you have heard of it) - they seem so accommodating when you are starting an account there, but once you need something or if THEY screw up, they aren't willing to try to help you out or it requires hours and hours of your time for them to correct THEIR sh*tty mistake.

/rant

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Wow. Sounds like quite a mess. I so hate dealing with these sorts of things!

Wish I could help... instead I'll just give you my sympathies and wish you luck. Here's hoping you find the right person who can sort it all out for good

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks Boadicea - they're loss. I am taking my business to another provider called STRIPE due to this unpleasant experience.

Here's to making the rest of the day/week much better

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I hope you have better luck with STRIPE. Paypal is infamous for how crappy they are. They will freeze your account seize your funds or turn it over to the scammer half the time.
Paypal account username and passwords are sold on the darkweb for literal cents. I mean like you can buy the account info to 25 accounts for 10$. No joke.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I feel ya. Paypal sided with a scammer that sent me something very broken and suppose to be in good condition. I had to send it back to some guy that said I used it and broke it and I never won the case. He sent me hate emails and I even sent them to Paypal. It didn't matter. I was out hundreds of dollars. They said i would b paid if the guy ever got money in his Paypal account. He obviously never used that account again. I was very disappointed with him and PayPal.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Schwallyjdog

Wow, I'm really sorry you've had that happen. Sounds even worse than my situation. I thought Comcast was bad, PayPal is DEFINITELY neck and neck with them for Customer Service and integrity.

They probably make so much money from the traffic and volume of transactions from all these scammers so they've found it more PROFITABLE to let things like this run amuck.

Just like big banks giving out sh*t-backed mortgages, it's essentially predatory in nature and CLEARLY should be illegal, yet it's not. It's the honest, hardworking person who gets screwed.

I'm glad I brought this up because evidently many people have had similar experiences. Never supporting this company again.

Thanks all for commenting.

My closing thoughts are:

LOOK FOR AN ALTERNATIVE TO PAYPAL, us 'regular' customers are just a # to them and they'd rather side with thieves and liars who will put more money in their pocket

# PAYPAL

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have been very lucky and never experienced any problems with Pay Pal. Over the years I have only had a few disputes that were taken care of quickly and I was quite satisfied. I'm sorry you are having problems with them.

new topics

top topics

join