It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Aren't Photos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hi All

Here are some examples of what games will be like with high end graphics cards before the end of the year using the UNREAL ENGINE

Art by Rens

get saving for your 4k monitors / tv's

wmd

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
yeah but what kind of kit will you need to bring this milkshake to the yard,lol

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Oh, wow! Those screenshots are utterly beautiful.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I'd love a TitanX graphics card for it too.They'll both have to wait.My GTX 960 is more than a bit overwhelmed.😃

(and my Core i5 750....1st gen.)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Can do better with a true ray-tracer rather than a game engine, but, it is VERY beautiful what can be done these days.

Plus... this being rendered, is it a still, or a real time rendered scene makes a lot of difference.

sweet

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Very nice you almost can't see any difference between the real world anymore.

That's where we're heading fooks, combined with AI, VR ,and holographic engines, we step into world's not distinguished from our own world..

And then one day you overhear some ingame characters saying " scientists say we live in a holographic world ,I don't buy that.."

Matroska science?

Or just wrecking Ralph stupidity. .

edit on 0b31America/ChicagoWed, 30 Mar 2016 06:17:31 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 30 Mar 2016 06:17:31 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
How? There must be several algorithms to encode grit, dirt, smudge into those pictures. And not only random dots of unsharp "brownish glob", but NEEDLES. Little, verry little STONES.

Because I would not believe to have a single human to do all those details.

Fascinating. Thank you for the link to these impressive pics!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

It doesn't exist yet.

The current top of the range cards struggle to get decent FPS on some of the current latest games at 4k, to get decent FPS you need to be running SLI or Crossfire for 4k.

I mean just look at these FPS for Battlefield 4 at 4k

Not even 60 fps and that's with a 3 year old game

Pascal is due out in the summer or Q4 but they're having problems with Asynch computations in DX12

AMD's polaris that come out this year will only be the mid range cards

So we're not looking at anything until next year in the high end range to provide realistic 4k gaming on a single card

Not that DX12 matters right now as the majority of gamers are still on win7 and if they're like me they're going to stay on win7 than be forced into upgrading to win10 just for DX12 and hopefully Vulkan openGL will save us from that

Also CPU tech is acting as a bottle neck, the GPU's keep getting faster and faster but CPU's haven't been progressing as much, this graph sums it up perfectly

Gpu's keep getting exponentially more powerful while CPU's are basically on a linear progression.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Man oh man i wish i still had my bitcoin mining rig. I had a dual 280 x setup and a dual 7990 i believe. Have the prices on graphics cards settled down yet? I know they went insane simply because of all the people buying them for bitcoin mining a few yrs back.
edit on 30-3-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Soon virtual reality will become better then reality for a lot of folks.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Then we have to wait until the superconducting adiabatic quantum optimization processor will find its place at your desktop at home,

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The CPUs have more than enough horsepower for modern AAA games. Both Nvidia & AMD are pushing for true single card 4k gaming. Even if pascal is delayed again we're still less than 18 months from this being a reality. I think it'll take another 3 years to really get a VR headset figured out that gives you an incredible immersive experience, but that means a fantastic next-generation gaming experience by end of decade.

It's been the same crap for a long while now. I can wait a few more years.

I just checked out expected release dates on nvidia pascal. Looks like a late Q2 release. I'll wait a year for a mid-range volta.
edit on 30-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

How about just go out into nature and take pics the old fashioned way.

We have tech that makes people say what they didn't and now tech that creates nonexistant nature.

Why?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Are you really asking what the utility of being able to render photorealistic scenes is?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Hi All

Here are some examples of what games will be like with high end graphics cards before the end of the year using the UNREAL ENGINE

Art by Rens

get saving for your 4k monitors / tv's

wmd

They are "photos" in a sense.

The typical method behind such stunning pictures is called photogrammetry.

This means filming/scanning real objects from multiple angles and reconstructing them in 3D (mesh and textures).

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

How about just go out into nature and take pics the old fashioned way.

We have tech that makes people say what they didn't and now tech that creates nonexistant nature.

Why?

You mean like this of the Moon

or this the fat looking star just above the hill is actually Jupiter and you can see that the Moon is about to rise.

or this of a plane around 25,000 ft and a few miles down range from my house I posted on a chemtrail thread showing it's contrails.

I have been taking pictures for many years.
edit on 30-3-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The Unreal Engine is good, but unless they recently made some sort of ground breaking advancement in the field of rendering which I don't know about, then there is no chance games will look that good within a year. Maybe in 5 or 10 years we'll be able to make real time graphics look that good, but not any time soon, and especially not in a 4k resolution if you want playable frame rates.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It's another leap like what happened between lower resolution monitors & 1080p gaming. Think fermi with the GTX480. This is the next big thing with 4k gaming.

There's a hefty die shrink, but the big news is a new memory that allows bandwidth in excess of 1TB/s. It'll replace GDDR5 on the flagship models appearing later this year. Marketing claims 10x performance, but I would imagine real world to be 2-5x.

I do agree with you somewhat, this is like what happens with the new futuremark. Even top rigs will drop frames on the most resource intensive tests for at least a year. Then a few years pass and even the lower end models can max it out. I think this is more of a preview of what will be available to those willing to dish out several K relatively soon. 5-10 years, I think that's too far, thou. End of decade for the average gamer.
edit on 30-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Watch the video at the bottom of the page... that's not a still frame being reframed, that's a true slight camera move. You can tell from the parallax going on between object parts.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

So much this.

While the visual results are impressive, it's not a general technique that can be used in practice (at least, to this level) anytime soon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join