It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans woman Raped in famous LBGT club bathroom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Then he is only guilty of "theft of services", and not rape technically. However, the alleged victim has then technically also committed filing a false report. However its a club that caters to a promiscuous crowd, and it is more likely these people simply agreed to this encounter for fun and not dollars.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Hey, good example!

You might even win some conservatives over with that argument because it's an attack on Free Market Capitalism.

Nice Move!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What the hell is a transgender woman? Is it a woman that wants to be a man or a man that wants to be a woman? Wouldn't it be easier just to call them what they really are?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I am betting my money this was a consensual encounter that the emotionally and mentally unstable individual reported as a rape later due to some dissatisfaction.

John takes what he wanted from the encounter and then refuses to pay...still rape.

No that would actually be a consensual act.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
No that would actually be a consensual act.

Really??? Well I'd like to know where all the prostitutes are that consent to sex without being paid for it. Because as far as I'm aware of, if you don't pay you don't play. BTW, you pay the money up front so there is no confusion in this part of the transaction.

That doesn't even get into the fact that even then consensual sex can still turn into rape by altering what was consented to in the first place.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well no, even if the agreement is for money for sex, and the prostitute receives no money, it's NOT rape. That term is thrown around way too easily nowadays. The sexual act initially was consensual, afterwards theft occurred.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No. Because if she doesn't get paid FIRST. She hasn't consented to anything. There is no afterwards. Permission was never granted to begin with.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If the prostitute says no sexual acts until payment then the sexual act is forced upon them, yes it's rape.

If the prostitute agrees to the sexual act with intention of receiving a payment, it is still consenting to a sexual act, and not being paid is theft at that point, not rape. Rape means unwanted forced sex, not getting scammed by a John...don't be silly.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yes I know what the difference is. That's why prostitutes ask for the money right up front. First of all so they know they will get paid. Second of all to know exactly how much they are getting paid so they know what is involved and what is expected of them.

Again, that also doesn't change the fact that consent to sex doesn't automatically include other acts. If regular sex turns into them taking a beating, being choked/strangled and other stuff I can't get into because of language restrictions. That too would be sex not consented to and therefor be rape.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

If the encounter takes a turn in which the prostitute is not willing to perform I can agree. I completely disagree with calling it rape because they didn't get paid though. They are two completely different things.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I'm with you but is a trans woman a dude in a dress or a chick with a mullet?
I used to be a nightshift cook in the 80s on the wrong side of Albuquerque. Every night after last call the place would fill up with freaks. It was awesome! Sometimes a female would complain about trans in the ladies room.
I once asked, why do I have to put you out of here every night, and I was told it was because the mirror in the men's was too short.
So maybe if we mandate long mirrors be installed in the men's room we could avoid this whole unpleasant conversation.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20545077]mOjOm[/post

You are overlooking the crackpipe barter ploy. If some reprobate makes a vague sex for crack deal, is it rape if she gets one hit of butter then consummates the deal but then gets an empty stem handed to her?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Right. Technically I agree with you as well that if they consent to sex and then afterward don't get paid that would be theft and not rape. But that isn't how it usually goes down. Prostitutes know that after sex isn't the point when people are going to pay for it. They always want the money first because that is the only time when someone is going to give them the money. After sex there is no incentive to pay and no leverage on the their part to demand payment either.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I've said it before as the mother of a son. An anatomical female has no place in a men's restroom facility, no matter what orientation the men are.

Physically speaking, the woman is at a disadvantage in terms of physical power, and I know what male hormones are like in the regular course of hetero interaction. For teenagers especially, putting a physical female in their locker room is inviting trouble for both genders.

So, sorry, but who didn't see this coming? Different genders in the same restroom are problematic whether or not one of those individuals believes they should be that anatomical gender or not.

did you miss rainbow readers quote??? it happened in a UNISEX bathroom ..... I don't know if they also have women and mens rooms as well...even if they did the unisex one may have been the the only one available...still rape is terrible

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Wow. We're getting pretty creative now. I'll just say that Rape is Sex without consent. Consent is given and maintained throughout. Afterward you can't change consent so at that point it's too late to change what happened or what you agreed to.

So just apply that to whatever "what if" scenario you come up with. We all know the rules after all.

Specifically in your example, I'd say "not rape" and it's her fault for not getting her "crack payment" first.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You do know there are unisex bathrooms all over Europe? Don't you live in the UK,?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'd go so far as to say nothing is quite as foul as a rapist.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm just going to throw my two cents in on this "rape" debate here. If someone is of the mindset to consenting to "free" sex, paid or not, then they're also accepting or "consenting" to the risks involved. Regardless of whether things "went the way they were supposed to" if you put yourself out there for sex and someone takes advantage of it, you're just an idiot, it's not rape.

I'm sick of all the candy-coating going on with rape. Rape is ONLY (imo) applicable if a woman or male is assaulted for the specific purpose of forced intercourse. "Assaulted" is the key word here, in other words, outside of normal circumstances. Normal circumstances being without sexual intentions, insinuations, or assumptions on the part of the victim.

You wanna fool around at a club, then you're willingly making yourself vulnerable. If you're a prostitute, then you can assuredly expect to be abused at some point. In those circumstances, rape is akin to hurling yourself in front of a bullet and blaming that person for attempted murder.

If you don't want to be abused, don't involve yourself in vulnerable situations.

Before I start getting spit on, I want to add that I don't know the circumstances surrounding the person in the OP, so this may or may not apply to them. I'm leaving this out there as my baseline opinion on such matters. Being a trans individual, really has absolutely no bearing on the outcome. Male or female, if you play with fire, you're going to get burned.

TL;DR
Moral of the story, if you play with fire, don't blame the fire department if your house burns down. Use common sense please. (in regards specifically to rape, not the individual the OP is discussing)
edit on 30-3-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Trans woman Raped in famous LBGT club bathroom.

Personally, I find it hard to accept that someone can be raped in a upscale bar bathroom!
If our someone had simply screamed, there would have been all sorts flouncing right in!
Little red light says take this with a grain of salt, barring other confirmatory reports!
Don't jump up had hang anyone just yet!...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It matters not in the slightest whether the victim was male, female, transgender, straight, gay, bi, or any combination of those.

This is a foul, foul crime...and the perpetrator should, frankly, pay the ultimate price for it. Not jail. An unhallowed shallow grave so his/her spirit roams restlessly for the rest of eternity.

I truly lack the words to express the utter and complete loathing I feel towards anyone who does this in any shape or fashion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join