It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once a CAKE was not made for a gay couple...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You're absolutely right. The country has turned against Christianity and singled it out from other religions. That is a Bill of Rights violation.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: markosity1973

Well, the shop owner could do that, or he could just stay, "NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU!", to whoever he pleases for whatever reason because its his Constitutional right to do so regardless of how you feel. That's simply the way it is.

Man, remind me to never hire you to run my business lol.

Retail is my every day job and the quickest way to go broke is to start refusing to sell to people.

Reputations are hard won and easily lost......

Whether it is lawful or not, morally it is wrong. And people notice when businesses do immoral things. This thread by it is very existence is proof of that.
edit on 30-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You keep going on and on about the bill of rights.

Here is a fact you should remember. The bill of rights refers to the first 10 amendments in the US constitution, but there are more than 10 amendments.

Amendment 9 says people may have rights that are not listed in the constitution. Besides amendments we have laws and many of the things you claim business owners can do such as discrimination would be false.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Perhaps the difference is that this is one obviously bigoted individual rather than millions of Americans nourishing a strongly held cultural belief?

I.e. the belief that gay people are all second=class citizens is widespread and falsely made a component of religious "belief" in millions of cases ... the belief that all Hindus are "monkys" is to my knowledge is unique to this one individual.

That's one basic difference in the false equivalency being hyped here.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
There's nothing in the Constitution that says that murder or rape or grand larceny is wrong, either.

Ridiculous argument.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
There's nothing in the Constitution that says that murder or rape or grand larceny is wrong, either.

Ridiculous argument.

No one shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Yep, a total bigot.

Gay, Hindu, one legged, black, white, male female or in between, we all deserve service when we've got money to pay for it.

The Bill of Rights does not guarantee your right to be served. If someone wants to be prejudice, its their right as long as they are not representing the Federal/State/Local government.

And you have the same right to spend your money elsewhere. I realize that the Civil Rights Act says otherwise, but that law is unconstitutional and would not stand in an OBJECTIVE JUDICIAL REVIEW.

Marbury vs Madison

Ding, ding, ding! Winner. It is called freedom to contract. You cannot be compelled to make a contract with anyone that you do not wish to contract with. This is a basic freedom. That being said, this is true for the man, not the corporation, LLC or any other limited liability entity. Those entities are fictions and can be controlled by statute. This is especially true for a corporate, interstate franchise. So this guy loses.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You keep going on and on about the bill of rights.

Here is a fact you should remember. The bill of rights refers to the first 10 amendments in the US constitution, but there are more than 10 amendments.

Amendment 9 says people may have rights that are not listed in the constitution. Besides amendments we have laws and many of the things you claim business owners can do such as discrimination would be false.

The right to deny service cannot be overridden by unconstitutional laws. Maybury vs Madison proves that.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sarcasm button on...

I thought only whites and christians are racists,at least that is what
everyone claims defines a racist.

Sarcasm button off!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: craterman

originally posted by: markosity1973
Yep, a total bigot.

Gay, Hindu, one legged, black, white, male female or in between, we all deserve service when we've got money to pay for it.

The Bill of Rights does not guarantee your right to be served. If someone wants to be prejudice, its their right as long as they are not representing the Federal/State/Local government.

And you have the same right to spend your money elsewhere. I realize that the Civil Rights Act says otherwise, but that law is unconstitutional and would not stand in an OBJECTIVE JUDICIAL REVIEW.

Marbury vs Madison

Ding, ding, ding! Winner. It is called freedom to contract. You cannot be compelled to make a contract with anyone that you do not wish to contract with. This is a basic freedom. That being said, this is true for the man, not the corporation, LLC or any other limited liability entity. Those entities are fictions and can be controlled by statute. This is especially true for a corporate, interstate franchise. So this guy loses.

Your probably right about corporations being fictions, but you could probably override statutes with Judicial Review. It would be an uphill battle, but I think the case could be made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join