It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should any educated adult believe any of the stone age religions are anything but make believe?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

As a contrast to the title of the thread . . . here's some excerpts from Chuck Missler's youtube here:

www.youtube.com...

rather interesting biological and other points begin about minute
1:33:50
about minute: 1:35:30

This is a call by the author of the text to take His text seriously . . .
. . .
[minute 1:37:00]
They've also discovered that the text has a 7-fold structure in it.
* Book of Esther
* Genealogy of Matthew 1
*Last 12 verses of Mark
*Which Gospel "written last"?
. . .
[abt minute 1:37:10]
The genealogy of the first chapter of Matthew has rules of 7 that I defy you to match creating a family tree out of fiction! Do a family tree out of fiction in which uhh, everything you look at you divide by 7 and it comes out without a remainder--the number of verbs, the number of consonants . . . there are literally dozens of rules of 7 and it meets all of those. I would defy you to fabricate one yourself from imagination.
. . .
[abt minute 1:38:28]
. . . whoever wrote that was obviously uninformed. Because the last 12 verses of Mark are so designed that you couldn't simulate them if you had a million super computers working for over a million years [this is one of Chuck's areas of professional expertise, BTW]. . . . it gets complicated . . . I invite you to take a look at that.
. . .
[abt minute 1:38:27]
You can take, for example, say the Gospel of Matthew, and you'll discover that there are a list of words that ONLY MATTHEW USES. The other writers of the Gospels didn't use them. The list happens to be 42--divisible by 7 exactly. Suppose Matthew decided to do that on purpose. . . . How would you go about that? . . . The only way for it to have happened was for Matthew to have written his Gospel last . . . If I go to Mark, the same thing is true. . . . John . . . Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, James, Peter . . . all have a list of words that no one else used that are a multiple of 7. . . .

I think Chuck is an incredible researcher and a kick as well as fascinating.

His logic is also top flight.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

You are as wrong about the boy almost as much as you are wrong about the Bible.

You have the wrong boy.

I'm talking about Tod Burpo's boy.

You make a slightly more conceivable argument when you have your facts somewhat straighter.

edit on 10/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: grammer clarity

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I heard a pastor once decry that "All manipulation is demonic."

I mostly agreed with her.

However, she insisted on manipulating with loud music and in the handling of the taking of the offering. GRRRRR. I hate that kind of hypocrisy.

I think I'm about done here--at least for now. LOL.

It's interesting how those who so often decry lack of logic . . . proceed to soooooo shrillllly display so little of solid logic on a solid foundation. . . . leaning wholesale on arbitrary STATEMENTS OF IRRATIONAL BELIEF pretending it to be logic. Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Great.

If you want my take on Matthew, he hates the Bible, and would have hated every book after his even more.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: burgerbuddy

First of all Jesus himself never admonished slavery in the NT. In fact he said slaves should obey their masters. What is so funny about women deserving equal pay for doing the same thing men do?

Lastly believing in salvation to me is ludicrous. To think that God magically impregnated a woman to have a perfect child who would take the sins of all people away is a wild notion.

Seems to me, if you are God, ya can do whatever the hell you want. Including getting into a womb.

"Rape"! "Racist"! Gotta throw that accusation in there too.

I can imagine how many SJW's are in heaven. Wailing and gnashing and rending of garments. lol!

"it's not fair! it's not fair!" "$15 an hour!, tax the rich!" oh wait. no one has to work in heaven. Everything is all free!

Does heaven even have a police force?

Where is that facepalm jesus when you need it.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Jesus died on the cross so that he can save you from sin that is not your fault and that he created.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: Annee

You completely dismiss I was raised Christian, researched, and became knowledgeable of fact vs myth.

Why? Because Faith isn't knowledge.

What is it then? Believing a myth that has no factual support?

Believing a book that's a compilation of man chosen ancient mistranslated scripts with a smattering of questionable historical "facts"?

A historical novel is fiction with real historical facts mixed in. Should I claim faith from reading Gone With The Wind?

No, You are missing the point.

NO, I'm not.

What ever you say. Non of us can help you any way.

Why do you continue to try to keep pushing religion on me?

I don't want it. I have zero interest.

I am not pushing religion on you. I have said that religion is a political concept of truths and lies basically. God does not need you to fallow a religious concept to know that he exists. Human society does. There are many people With faith and they need to be guided and controlled.

God/Religion. Same thing.

Its laughable those who think its OK to push God and claim its not religion.

It is not really the same thing, when religion is being controlled by human authority.
Because then, religion is not related to God but to the authority that controlles it. Human authority use religion to controll you even if you dont beleive in it.

God is a creation of man.

There is no difference.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Jesus died on the cross so that he can save you from sin that is not your fault and that he created.

why the hell not? Believing in the negative that was created before you were born and is somehow your fault.

Are people insane?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

why the hell not? Believing in the negative that was created before you were born and is somehow your fault.

Are people insane?

Yep. That's the answer to the OP.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Why would you even bother listening to a female pastor? The bible clearly states that women are not to speak in the church. Or is that one part the good book got wrong?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

How about providing something intelligent to the argument other than " God can do that he wants"

Are you a fan of rape and slavery? Because you defending a book that defends those two practices. Go continue flipping burgers buddy !

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

What a load. When I was growing up we had to recite the lords prayer everyday In school. This was a public school. The indoctrination was everywhere.

I've been there. Spent years in Churches where they pretend to heal people and have people prophesy the most ridiculous things on earth. The bible is false. IF THE BIBLE WERE TRUE IT WOULD HAVE ABOLISHED SLAVERY AND STATED THE EQUALITY OF WOMEN WITH MEN. And many other things. But it doesn't do that. All it does it support oligarchy and patriarchy.

It seems pretty obvious you didn't comprehend a single thing he said. And you don't even know that you are just like he described being one who will not see. Sounds like you were forced into the "religion" of it all, which means it is all material and nothing spiritual. That is unfortunate since it has deprived you to even know what the purpose of it all is supposed to be for. The only thing you seemed to have gained from it all is a reinforcement of your own flawed values.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You completely dismiss I was raised Christian, researched, and became knowledgeable of fact vs myth.

Believing a book that's a compilation of man chosen ancient mistranslated scripts with a smattering of questionable historical "facts"?

A historical novel is fiction with real historical facts mixed in. Should I claim faith from reading Gone With The Wind?

NO, I'm not.

I am not pushing religion on you. I have said that religion is a political concept of truths and lies basically. God does not need you to fallow a religious concept to know that he exists. Human society does. There are many people With faith and they need to be guided and controlled.

It is not really the same thing, when religion is being controlled by human authority.
Because then, religion is not related to God but to the authority that controlles it. Human authority use religion to controll you even if you dont beleive in it.

There is no difference.

Man have created many Things. But man have never created God. Man have claimed idols and objects to be God(s)... big difference.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

NO, I'm not.

There is no difference.

Man have created many Things. But man have never created God. Man have claimed idols and objects to be God(s)... big difference.

You choose to believe there is a God.

I lack believe in any God.

Man created God or if you prefer, man created the concept of God(s).

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

NO, I'm not.

There is no difference.

You choose to believe there is a God.

I lack believe in any God.

Man created God or if you prefer, man created the concept of God(s).

Yes, man have created the concept of God to give the void a; awareness, intelligence and a name. God is a name nothing else. The name represents something, and that something is what God is.

I know God is not a being With a human shape or form. God always was and always is (God is infinite and takes up all Space there is). So God can not have a human shape or form. There is only one void of Space that can have this single property of being absolute. We humans have labled this property With the name God. Your physical body is labled With a name as well.

You might not agree that this infinite Space exists. Because you probably dont beleive that Space is infinite.

There is only one void of Space that always existed and that always will exist. And that void of Space must be a absolute infinite empty void of Space. This is the only void of Space that can be absolute neutral.

And a absolute neutral void of Space can not change ramdomly on it own by any means. As far as we know that is physically impossible. This absolute infnite empty Space can only change if it chooses to. There is no other way for it to create a change. We know that this void of Space have changed because Our universe and we exist.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Great! We've gotten to God is a concept. That we agree on.

I do not support Creative Design.

I support a spontaneous origin.

However, I do support energy evolved into a consciousness. That everything is energy, and energy thought creates. Everything is a consciousness within a consciousness. There is not just one overall creator.

BUT, when you label this energy with the concept of God - - it changes everything IMO.

Because man defines God.

I'll go with Star War's "the Force" - - which is within us all.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Great! We've gotten to God is a concept. That we agree on.

I dont think we have.

I do not support Creative Design.

I support a spontaneous origin

What you support or not changes nothing.

However, I do support energy evolved into a consciousness. That everything is energy, and energy thought creates. Everything is a consciousness within a consciousness. There is not just one overall creator.

Right,...... again, what you support changes nothing. It means nothing at all to us.

Because man defines God.

Yeah in more ways than one. It changes nothing.

I'll go with Star War's "the Force" - - which is within us all.

You are probably not alone. Be happy With Your kind that is what matters to you.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

what you support changes nothing. It means nothing at all to us.

Excuse me for interrupting.
Who is "us", please?

Be specific about who your "us" precisely is. Please. For clarity.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

what you support changes nothing. It means nothing at all to us.

Excuse me for interrupting.
Who is "us", please?

Be specific about who your "us" precisely is. Please. For clarity.

Ok. I will leave you out of it from now on. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Much appreciated. 'Cause, I'm on Team Annee.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join