It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should any educated adult believe any of the stone age religions are anything but make believe?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

There's more solid proof that Christ existed than a number of accepted greats of ancient history.

However, that's not a rabbit trail I bother with, much.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I don't want it. I have zero interest.

Evidently your 'zero interest'

is why you doggedly, persistently, tenaciously, RELIGIOUSLY, forcefully, fiestily,

post soooo MANY such strident posts on an endless array of such threads.

edit on 10/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

a reply to: spy66

You completely dismiss I was raised Christian, researched, and became knowledgeable of fact vs myth.

Why? Because Faith isn't knowledge.

What is it then? Believing a myth that has no factual support?

Believing a book that's a compilation of man chosen ancient mistranslated scripts with a smattering of questionable historical "facts"?

A historical novel is fiction with real historical facts mixed in. Should I claim faith from reading Gone With The Wind?

No, You are missing the point.

NO, I'm not.

What ever you say. Non of us can help you any way.

Why do you continue to try to keep pushing religion on me?

I am not pushing religion on you. I have said that religion is a political concept of truths and lies basically. God does not need you to fallow a religious concept to know that he exists. Human society does. There are many people With faith and they need to be guided and controlled.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

It's amazing to me . . . how propagandized ignorance has flooded the globe increasingly, deliberately, with super control features and authoritarian oligarchy support the last 60+ years . . . and the sheeple have swallowed it--gulped it up voraciously, greedily as though it were solid fact--regardless of how shallow, irrational, illogical, even stupid such propaganda has been.

Evidently . . . so they'll feel justified and exalted in doing their own thing vs following a loving relationship with Father God.

Of course, most such have horrid degrees of ATTACHMENT DISORDER from horribly inadequate fathering their early years. So their hostility toward Father God is very logical.

It's just terminally sad to watch. The Eloi kowtowing and marching lock-step to the Morlach's manipulations into their caverns to be served as dinner . . . comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

ATS has been a site that I've repeatedly observed a lot more than I'd have preferred

the Biblical truth that

those hostile to faith & God CANNOT understand the truths of a walk with God as long as they stubbornly insist on being stuck in their unbelief.

It truly takes Holy Spirit to draw them convincingly to God.

I think a lot of "DAMASCUS ROAD EXPERIENCES" will be the only thing that convinces most of our era.

Interestingly, there's a growing group of atheists who have had such convincing NDE's on their sick beds that they've become fierce believers walking with God.

The only thing NDEs prove is that under extreme stress the brain produces chemicals. Probably '___' which give way to hallucinations and feelings of oneness. Alot of drugs can make people feel close to God. I know people who ate mushrooms and lsd that said they saw God or felt God while tripping. Paul's Damascus experience also could have been a form of epilepsy. Epileptics often feel a transcendent type experience during seizure. Same with the prophet muhammed.

Tell me Bo how can god be kept in a box? Why would God change his rules. Why would he care about cutting of hair? How about the fact he sits on a throne? Use your kind and think.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

You completely dismiss I was raised Christian, researched, and became knowledgeable of fact vs myth.

Believing a book that's a compilation of man chosen ancient mistranslated scripts with a smattering of questionable historical "facts"?

A historical novel is fiction with real historical facts mixed in. Should I claim faith from reading Gone With The Wind?

NO, I'm not.

I am not pushing religion on you. I have said that religion is a political concept of truths and lies basically. God does not need you to fallow a religious concept to know that he exists. Human society does. There are many people With faith and they need to be guided and controlled.

God/Religion. Same thing.

Its laughable those who think its OK to push God and claim its not religion.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

a reply to: imjack

There's more solid proof that Christ existed than a number of accepted greats of ancient history.

"Mythical Jesus"?

or "Radical terrorist Jesus"?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Evidently your 'zero interest'

is why you doggedly, persistently, tenaciously, RELIGIOUSLY, forcefully, fiestily,

post soooo MANY such strident posts on an endless array of such threads.

Thread title: Why should any educated adult believe any of the stone age religions are anything but make believe?

Supported by me, atheist.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

You know what's actually sad Bo Xian. Is a grown man who believes God to actually be a male! That's just plain stupid. If there were a God it would be sexless.

What's sad is that you think you have a relationship with something but in reality you are talking to yourself.

Sad is believing that a man spent 3 days inside a fish.

Sad that you think someone's lack of belief in God has anything to do with an attachment disorder. Are you ####ing psychologist?

You are the one with cognitive dissonance believing in things that have been proven to be false. that make absolutely no logical sense at all. Bring it. I can use scripture to rip the bible apart. The book doesn't stand up against logic and reason and scrutiny.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Evidently you haven't read the book by the NEUROSURGEON who experienced a long such phenomena and disproved such allegations conclusively.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460271137&sr=1-1&keywords=neurosurgeo n+near+death+experience

Then, Dr. Alexander’s own brain was attacked by a rare illness. The part of the brain that controls thought and emotion—and in essence makes us human—shut down completely. For seven days he lay in a coma. Then, as his doctors considered stopping treatment, Alexander’s eyes popped open. He had come back.

Alexander’s recovery is a medical miracle. But the real miracle of his story lies elsewhere. While his body lay in coma, Alexander journeyed beyond this world and encountered an angelic being who guided him into the deepest realms of super-physical existence. There he met, and spoke with, the Divine source of the universe itself.

Alexander’s story is not a fantasy. Before he underwent his journey, he could not reconcile his knowledge of neuroscience with any belief in heaven, God, or the soul. Today Alexander is a doctor who believes that true health can be achieved only when we realize that God and the soul are real and that death is not the end of personal existence but only a transition.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Evidently primarily in YOUR construction on reality.

It's not my fault that you fail to make a distinction between RELIGION VS GOD AND RELATIONSHIP

Thousands of pages have been written about that distinction.

I confess I don't have the power to force anyone to accept such distinctions.

That's NOT the same thing as the distinctions failing to exist.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I'm getting to the age that I try and avoid futile exercises. You'll need to find someone else to play that game with.

I've been backwards and forwards over such purported proofs at earlier stages of my life.

They are all hollow, shallow, empty, void of truth . . . most are even void of much solid fact.

And, yes, I have a PhD in clinical psychology.

edit on 10/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: left an 's' off

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Oh please you are going to use "Proof of Heaven" to prove your case.

Actually yes I did read it years ago when I was still a believer and I was a good boy and bought all the books my pastor told me to. Without questioning. Then I began to do my due dilligence and not believe everything the bible said and the pastor told me.

www.esquire.com...

Above is a link to an article which debunked Dr. Alexander.

Oh and if you are going to bring up the one about the 6 year old boy who went to heaven then you shouldn't because he came out and admitted it was a lie. Use your brain and do your due dilligence.

Also the bible is clear that nobody will go to heaven until after the second coming. Until then all souls are in sheol (the place of the dead) which means all NDE experiences according to the biblical terms are false.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Actually, my perspective about folks' failure to believe in Almighty God and Biblical truths has been 100% true throughout my face to face life.

I've NEVER observed one single case of an individual who was hostile to God and the Bible who also had less than 5% of a significant ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

. . . Not one single case in nearly 70 years.

That's my EXPERIENCE out of many thousands of relationships. Argue theory and perspective and evidence all you feel energized to do. But that has been my personal experience.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

The 4 year old boy's narrative has not been debunked nor renounced.

And, there's no other logical explanation than the one he offered.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460272159&sr=1-1&keywords=heaven+is+for+real

However, I'm keenly aware of horses and drinking habits.

I'd encourage you to enjoy your perspective but it sounds like it's fairly joyless, to you.

Cheers.

edit on 10/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: left link out

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I'm getting to the age that I try and avoid futile exercises. You'll need to find someone else to play that game with.

I've been backwards and forwards over such purported proofs at earlier stages of my life.

They are all hollow, shallow, empty, void of truth . . . most are even void of much solid fact.

And, yes, I have a PhD in clinical psychology.

I'm glad you can acknowledge that they are fuktuke excuses. Because when faced with the facts people who support the bible give nothing but futile excuses. They don't want to face reality because it all falls apart.

The bible is true because it's God words. How do we know it's God's word. Because it says so in the bible. Circular reasoning that doesn't have any logic.

God wanted the Hebrews to be circumsizsd? Why? Then when Jesus is asked about circumcision he says if it were beneficial we would have been born without foreskin. That alone proves the bible has flaws. And if it has one how many more and who decides what is God's word and what isn't ?

Keep clinging. I tried. I really did. I said my prayers daily I asked for deliverance I had people pray over me and I read the word fervently. In the end it changed nothing.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I agree.

Religion is not used for what it is intended to be. People are not really given authority to shape their own understanding of it. People are constantly being guided and controlled in how they are to preceive religion according to human authority. When you study religion you are actually being guided in how to preceive it, as Your authority intend it to be preceived.

If God is not you main authority, You will fall for the teachings and guidance of man With authority. When you fall for the teaching and guidance of man, no Wonder religions becomes shakey and doubtfull.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Um. Okay. Then can you answer the question I asked Annee?

If your answer is accounted claims or anything short of his physical shoes I'm equally probably uninterested.

You specifically say Christ and not Jesus though, and even if Jesus was just some random name, can you even prove people used that word to describe a person named Jesus, even vaguely? What exactly is your claim? Then, maybe, evidence matters.

As far as I know nobody called Jesus, Christ, until a very long time afterwards.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

NO, I'm not.

It is not really the same thing, when religion is being controlled by human authority.
Because then, religion is not related to God but to the authority that controlles it. Human authority use religion to controll you even if you dont beleive in it.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Oh he didn't recant
www.businessinsider.com...
Yes he did. Stop throwing around attachment disorder like you have any idea what you are talking about. I don't believe in the God of the bible. I'm not saying that there isn't a creator howver there is no way he's sitting on a throne surrounded by gold.
Secondly when I bring up instances in the bible prove it to be faulty you have no rebuttal other than throwing around attachment disorder. How about defending your holy book. Oh wait I forgot you can't because it's like Swiss cheese and full of holes.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join