It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should any educated adult believe any of the stone age religions are anything but make believe?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: Annee

Sorry if I unintentionally took a side.

Can you answer me why the Q document took 30 years to write and why Mark took 100? The man could basically fly. No one wrote about it for 100 years. It took 200 years from there for anyone substantial to agree it actually happened.

No, and I do not care.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Gosh sorry.

I really feel bad, really.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I see Jesus in you at least.

That's the best it gets for me these days...

Please take it as a compliment, as it's the best one I got.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I see Jesus in you at least.

That's the best it gets for me these days...

Please take it as a compliment, as it's the best one I got.

Is there some reason I need Jesus?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: spy66

You completely dismiss I was raised Christian, researched, and became knowledgeable of fact vs myth.

Why? Because Faith isn't knowledge.

What is it then? Believing a myth that has no factual support?

Believing a book that's a compilation of man chosen ancient mistranslated scripts with a smattering of questionable historical "facts"?

A historical novel is fiction with real historical facts mixed in. Should I claim faith from reading Gone With The Wind?

No, You are missing the point.

As i said all children are borne With their own mind. This means it doesnt matter if you were raised in a christian home. Being raised in a christian home does not make you a christian or a beliver.

Researching religion does not make you religious. It doesnt matter how much knowledge you have or understand. Because knowledge is not faith. Knowledge is stored information in Your mind.... that is all knowledge is. Faith is something else, and based on other prinsipals.

You have come as far as figuring out that religion is shakey politics. But since you dont know what faith is, appart from knowing its definition. You lack the last Resource to have common ground With us who have faith. You dont have what we have. Therefor you have no common ground to know what we know and feel. This is where it all stops. Faith is not physical or something we can put under a microscope for you to study and observe.

You can study the meaning of what faith is. But what does that matter if you dont have it? It will just be a theory to you... nothing else.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

That's one the biggest reasons I don't believe in the supernatural parts of the stories. Had the resurrection actually been witnessed by the Roman soldiers as it said in the bible I'm sure they would have reported to the enporoer at once. If the miracles were true the belief system would have spread much faster. Instead it stayed a small belief system until Rome adopted it as the official state religion and adding some extra fluff to make it seem more miraculous.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

No. I compare your qualities to mythical Jesus.

Murdering Santa Claus isn't a loser thing to do if they're on the naughty list.
edit on 10-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I would say it's those who have faith that are lacking something that people without faith have. Logic.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

No. I compare your qualities to mythical Jesus.

Murdering Santa Claus isn't a loser thing to do if they're on the naughty list.

There are times I really haven't a clue what you are saying.

Not just in this thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

You completely dismiss I was raised Christian, researched, and became knowledgeable of fact vs myth.

Believing a book that's a compilation of man chosen ancient mistranslated scripts with a smattering of questionable historical "facts"?

A historical novel is fiction with real historical facts mixed in. Should I claim faith from reading Gone With The Wind?

NO, I'm not.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Your response made me feel you were upset.

Disproving Jesus to someone is a waste of time if they actually learned from him. And not just about him.
edit on 10-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

I would say it's those who have faith that are lacking something that people without faith have. Logic.

What you probably mean to say is that there are People With faith that lack knowledge. And i agree With that. Having faith does not mean you got Your story streight.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

NO, I'm not.

What ever you say. Non of us can help you any way.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Actually . . . I've repeatedly observed that folks of faith have exceedingly MORE LOGIC and solid foundational rational, even scientific level observations and conclusions

than people hostile to faith.

That was true of former Atheist C.S. Lewis.

It was true of Josh McDowell who was so angry at God and Christianity from an abusive Roman Catholic father that beat his mother and usually Josh provoking him to beat Josh so that the dad wouldn't beat the mom--that he entered university with one goal--to study the ancient languages and documents exhaustively sufficiently to prove the Bible False.

He became a devoted Christian that wrote EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT because he had enough integrity to follow the evidence to its LOGICAL conclusions.

There's a sizeable list of such folks.

CHUCK MISSLER on youtube is an exceedingly logical retired military/government scientist type. He also wrote WHAT IS TRUTH? THE CASE FOR BIBLICAL INTEGRITY.

LA MARZULLI is another very logical researcher into end times matters.

J.D. Faraq of Calvary Chapel Hawaii--born a Palestinian--is another very logical bloke.

COLD-CASE CHRISTIANITY: A HOMICIDE DETECTIVE INVESTIGATES THE CLAIMS OF THE GOSPELS by Wallace J Warner is EXTREMELY LOGICAL.

edit on 10/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: spelling typo

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

NO, I'm not.

What ever you say. Non of us can help you any way.

Why do you continue to try to keep pushing religion on me?

I don't want it. I have zero interest.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Disproving Jesus to someone is a waste of time if they actually learned from him. And not just about him.

I believe Jesus was a real man. I personally like the true stories better then the myth.

There are real facts.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Joecanada11

Actually . . . I've repeatedly observed that folks of faith have exceedingly MORE LOGIC and solid foundational rational, even scientific level observations and conclusions

Fantasyland!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

ATS has been a site that I've repeatedly observed a lot more than I'd have preferred

the Biblical truth that

those hostile to faith & God CANNOT understand the truths of a walk with God as long as they stubbornly insist on being stuck in their unbelief.

It truly takes Holy Spirit to draw them convincingly to God.

I think a lot of "DAMASCUS ROAD EXPERIENCES" will be the only thing that convinces most of our era.

Interestingly, there's a growing group of atheists who have had such convincing NDE's on their sick beds that they've become fierce believers walking with God.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I believe Jesus was a real man. I personally like the true stories better then the myth.

There are real facts.

I don't think he was real, but I also don't see it worth it to disprove his existence to people that display compassion. Why ruin a good thing?

If they're nasty that's different. They don't deserve to believe in Jesus.

Example: Basically any racist or anti-LBGT.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Fantasyland!

Obviously, . . . your Fantasyland construes it as such.

My experience has found it more foundationally real than the sun shining; the ground persisting under my feet.

As Chuck Missler has noted . . . the spiritual reality is demonstrably scientifically now . . . to be much MORE the superordinate, larger, foundational reality.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join