It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Crappy Europe: I’m Glad You Hate America…

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Donuts have a sort of universal effect like that here too

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
a reply to: allusernamestaken

Americans are British inbreeds. Who revolted agaisnt the British empire. Decided to colonialism the new world.

My mother was Irish.. thats quite an offensive statement there buddy..

Watch yourself...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I believe that most Americans are very insecure.

To know that their nation did not evolve naturally like most countries do, but in fact had to be " implanted " from the outside by others.

It is akin to being a surrogate child.

Erm, hate to be the one to point this out, but the Human race started somewhere, and was "planted" around the world in the same way people from various countries travelled to the Americas.

The mode of transport and the motivations for migrating might be different, but lets not pretend we have "always been' here in the UK, or in any other country.

In fact, the motivations are not that different. People fled to the New World for opportunity, that's really no different to people fleeing ancient lands for a new world in search of food.

All of our populations are a direct result of MIGRATION over hundreds of thousands of years, the fact that one group used ships while another walked thousands of miles makes little difference.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

A real man does what is right and gives a helping hand to those in need.

A 'real' man doesn't hide behind the skirt of government, and outsource the 'well being' of their fellow man to the state.

Caring about people doesn't mean using the state for force people in to paying for other peoples existence in this world.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This has got to be the best troll I have seen in a long time!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

"The French helped us a bit, thanks for that by the way" ... Uh, without the French we wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in HELL against the British.

The only thing the French did was provide arms, and the Dutch provided the money.

Two things that are in short supply if Europe right now since 'gunz' are bad, and well because all of their social programs there isn't enough money to go around to pay for every little whim of the mob.

That's why milk and gas are near 3 times as much as they are here.

That's why they have the VAT tax.

That's why they are paying over 60% of their incomes to the state to pay for all that wonderful 'free' stuff.

Of course there is some irony there.

Because it was the French aristocracy that helped because they hated the British.,

Only to end up losing their heads in their own 'revolution'.

So yeah the French did help us a bit, But it was the colonials that fought, and bled.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
This has got to be the best troll I have seen in a long time!

Truth... its the best because I dont think anyone has been especially serious about it, (well maybe a couple) I may be off my memory has gotten spotty with age... but didnt louder with crowder used to be like a radio/comedian type. Looking at the way he writes it certainly lends itself to it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: Metallicus

Europeans have class and sophistication...

Americans have well... Donuts

Tallyho old man..(carry on)

Oh yeah Europeans that dragged us in to world wars 1 and 2.

Produced Hitler, and the gas chambers,

The created the crusades.

And who are currently getting blown up.

Class and sophistication my snip.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah Americans hate it when forigeners make observations about America...

But Americans LOVE to offer advice and interject into other countries affairs!

Well 'criticism' isn't a one way street.

After years of listening to America bashing on here.

Why not put the shoe on the other foot.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The only thing the French did was provide arms

No. The French provided far more than arms.

Now fully committed to the war, France supplied arms, ammunitions, supplies and uniforms. French troops and naval power were also sent to America, reinforcing and protecting Washington’s Continental Army. The decision to send troops was taken carefully, as few in France had any idea how US citizens would react to a foreign army, and the numbers of soldiers were carefully chosen to balance being effective, with not being large enough to anger Americans. The commanders were carefully selected, men who could work effectively with both themselves and US commanders; however, the leader of the French army, Count Rochambeau, didn’t speak English. While the troops selected weren’t, as once believed, the very cream of the French army, they were, as one historian has commented, for “1780…probably the most sophisticated military instrument ever dispatched to the New World.” (Kennett, The French Forces in America, 1780 – 1783, p. 24) There were problems in working together at first, as Sullivan found at Newport when French ships pulled away from a siege to deal with British ships, before being damaged and having to retreat. But overall the US and French forces co-operated well – although they were often kept separated – and certainly when compared to the incessant problems experienced in the British high command. French forces attempted to buy everything they couldn’t ship in from locals rather than requisition it, and they spent an estimated $4 million worth of precious metal in doing so, further endearing themselves to locals. Arguably the key French contribution came during the Yorktown campaign. French forces under Rochambeau landed at Rhode Island in 1780, which they fortified before linking up with Washington in 1871. Later that year the Franco-American army marched 700 miles south to besiege Cornwallis’ British army at Yorktown while the French navy cut the British off from desperately needed naval supplies, reinforcements, and complete evacuation to New York. Cornwallis was forced to surrender to Washington and Rochambeau, and this proved the last major engagement of the war, as Britain opened peace discussions soon after rather than continue a global war.

europeanhistory.about.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

In what way is the US the "best"? In prison population? Military spending? Income inequality? Banking failures? Money in politics? Corporate power?

We spend more money in the world on everything.

That includes the welfare industrial complex. Thats social engineering.

Maybe Europe shouldn't outsource their 'security' needs to someone else.

We spend more money two social programs that provide 'free' healthcare than most EU countries entire populations.

So please.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The French didn't.

Their King did.

Big difference.

We owe the French NOTHING because the mob rose up to those that helped fight the crown, and killed them.
edit on 30-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Actually Japan dragged you into WW2 and last time I checked Japan wasn't in Europe....Wish it was though the Japanese are awesome.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The French didn't.

Their King did.

Big difference.

We owe the French NOTHING because the mob rose up to those that helped fight the crown, and killed them.

I cant stand the French and that comment pissed me off

You are actually more arrogant than the French.....wow what a achievement have a medal

edit on 30-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Okay, what exactly are you going to criticize? Can't wait to read it.

As for this thread, it's a waste of time, because the OP is the typical everyday 'murican. Go 'murica, god, greatest country in the world, god, 'murica...did i forgot something?

Jokes aside, I don't know why you guys getting all personal about this, it's not Europe's fault you guys can get randomly shot at, at college, or street or basically anywhere.

People are sick of everything that your government has done and still doing. Do you not agree?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So yeah the French did help us a bit, But it was the colonials that fought, and bled.

Without the French all you would have done is bled. No fighting.

You would have had no Cannons, no uniforms, no boots, and most importantly no ammunition and limited small arms.

Plus without the French threating Britain and its more important colony's the full might of the Royal navy would have shut off the entire east coast from the outside world and two to three times as many red coats would have been swarming over the USa.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Actually Japan dragged you into WW2 and last time I checked Japan wasn't in Europe....Wish it was though the Japanese are awesome.

Hmmm.

You mean that 'false flag' in Hawaii ?

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And it was Germany who dragged you into WW1, because you were no longer allowed to transport anything to Europe, UK, without being attacked by the german navy.

And yeah, poor you, getting all dragged into WORLD WARS, not like you got out of them as the most powerful economy in the world.

link   

"The French helped us a bit, thanks for that by the way" ... Uh, without the French we wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in HELL against the British.

The only thing the French did was provide arms, and the Dutch provided the money.

Two things that are in short supply if Europe right now since 'gunz' are bad, and well because all of their social programs there isn't enough money to go around to pay for every little whim of the mob.

That's why milk and gas are near 3 times as much as they are here.

That's why they have the VAT tax.

That's why they are paying over 60% of their incomes to the state to pay for all that wonderful 'free' stuff.

Of course there is some irony there.

Because it was the French aristocracy that helped because they hated the British.,

Only to end up losing their heads in their own 'revolution'.

For one, apparently there is some silly rumor in the US that people are not armed in France? It is false. We have gun control- meaning if you are psychotic and have a history of violence, you might not be able to buy one. Some types fo weapons are not legal for everyone to have. But yes, we have guns (or "gunz" as you spell it wherever bouts yer from). We just have to register them and practice regularly at the nearest shooting club, so we know how to use them well.

Yes, the french did revolt and chop off the heads of their aristocracy, and took over their government.
Being the government is what adults do- whining and bitching about how bad they are is what teens do.

"Free stuff" is the term some Americans use, but it is never used or meant, in France.
Supporting our dairy farmers so that big corporations do not take over that market, as well as everything else, is logical and in the interest of the individual, who is also a consumer.
I don't have to worry about eating meat that is raised in intensive farming conditions with tons of hormones and antibiotics.
The french people care about what goes into their bodies.

The tiny bit more we might pay for our milk is probably much less than what the average american has to spend on medicine for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholestrol...

Nothing free- but also no "some who pay" and "some who receive". This system does not run on compassion nor saintly martyism. There is not "some" people who have to pay out of pocket for their medical care or other benefits, and others that don't. This is given to EVERYONE- even if you are rich! It is just like the American credit system, except reversed- you pay before so that you don't have to worry about it later instead of "get it now, pay later; be a slave to banks".
This way, you see, the government remains a slave to the people- they owe the people, the people KNOW this.
It is not "free gifts"- it is what they have to right to because they already paid for it!
That gives them the incentive to be active in running their government, and keeping checks upon what it is doing every step of the way.

Once again, here I am defending them against the vile and ignorant attacks of Americans.
I never have to defend americans to french people.
The haters, if there are any, on the US side.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The French didn't.

Their King did.

Big difference.

I cant stand the French and that comment pissed me off

You are actually more arrogant than the French.....wow what a achievement have a medal

I know real history upsets people.

Really trying to ignore the French revolution that soon followed ?

One of the leading reasons was the money Louis was spending on us 'arrogant' 'Mericans'.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join