It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Crappy Europe: I’m Glad You Hate America…

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yes you do or you wouldn't have posted at all.

Entertainment or not you still posted, so you cared enough that you wanted others to see your comments...try again.

And acting as though you don't care is really amusing.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yeah well the UK is a country in Europe.

And Europe has done a lot of snip to lots of people around the world.

From Central and South American and the conquistadors. To beginning of the slave trade in the America's.

To the far east and all parts in between.

Come on down IGNORE European imperialism.

Funny how some people are IGNORING what Europe has done over the course of centuries.

Just to take pot shots at the US.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: neo96

I see you have missed off what the naughty UK did to America. 13 British Colonies that founded The U.S. The country that you are now so proud off.

Yep, that certainly is a stain in the history of British colonialism.

Yes it is amongst Britain's darkest achievements. However some Americans want to forget how their country began and just whitewash that episode away

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I genuinely don't care about who can piss further, I'm entertained and enjoying the entertainment.
My last post at the bottom of the last page I was agreeing that the British actions in the colonisation of the US are a stain on our history. I couldn't give a # which country is perceived better' or not, and I'm enjoying chuckling at those who do.

You may wish me to genuinely care about the OP rant and question, but really, I don't, I'm amusing myself reading the comments of members who do.
Try again

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

From Central and South American and the conquistadors. To beginning of the slave trade in the America's.

Funny how some people are IGNORING what Europe has done over the course of centuries.

Well when The U.S.is as old as Europe and not just the few hundred years it has been in exsisance then maybe it's own list of dark episode will have grown somewhat.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

All of our populations are a direct result of MIGRATION over hundreds of thousands of years,

When the migrant population far outnumbers the indiginous population as in the case of America, that is not immigratiion. That becomes invasion and occupation.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I think the issue here is in the tense that you are dealing with this issue.

I am not proud of my English heritage, what others did before me was abhorrent and I will be the first to admit this.

Can you say the same about your so called great nation?

At least when the British had an empire it could be said that we knew no better.

It is 2016 yet the "good old USA OF A......"

Is still acting like it's the late 1800's.

You could have learned from the mistakes of others yet feel the need to repeat the same mistakes that are there for all to see.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sins of the fathers...

We on this forum are NOT our countries.

I might be on my own but my judgement isn't based on my country. The whole world is corrupt... whichever way you want to look at it.

America? Corrupt.
Europe? Corrupt.

I could go on.

I have to say I've always been massively envious of America's patriotism. You truly love your country and I appreciate that. I don't know why you love it SO much though. And that's not a jab at America, it's a jab at the world. I'm from the UK and I hate what my country has become.. I'd never fight for this country. Never. My relatives have and what did it get them? What did it get us?

I love my countries deep and ancient past. I love my countries landscape. I love my countries people. But what this all boils down to is the countries' (world) leaders. And nobody loves them. Nobody in their right mind can. And i'll be damned if I'm going to defend THEM. In any way shape or form.

So for any Americans who say they will fight for the country they love. For their freedom... all you're doing is fighting for your leaders. And what they have caused.
edit on 30-3-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I am not proud of my English heritage

I am neither proud or ashamed of my Welsh/Cornish/British ancestors, whatever they did was # all to do with me lol.
The entertainment from people who do give a # about such things is priceless though!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You guys are among Germany and Turkey the only country that has ever committed a genocide. How many innocent people you killed in Japan when you used atomic bomb?

I mean, whats the point of all this, we can keep going for both the US and Europe...This thread is totally idiotic.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
I'd never fight for this country.

I'd fight 'them' at the beaches seeing as I live on a cliff above one. Pity your comment doesn't seem to reflect any sense of feelings to protect your community.
Are you saying you wouldn't defend these islands (or your island) from foreign attack, or just you don't want to needlessly kill brown people?
If it is the latter then we find agreement.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
You guys are among Germany and Turkey the only country that has ever committed a genocide. How many innocent people you killed in Japan when you used atomic bomb?

Horse#!

The number of countries that have committed a major atrocity, at some point in their history, grossly outnumbers the number of countries that can even begin to claim righteousness.

If there is one thing that humans are universally good at, it is killing each other...followed closely by moral justification of said killing habits.

edit on 30-3-2016 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Sins of the fathers...

We on this forum are NOT our countries.

I might be on my own but my judgement isn't based on my country. The whole world is corrupt... whichever way you want to look at it.

America? Corrupt.
Europe? Corrupt.

I could go on.

I have to say I've always been massively envious of America's patriotism. You truly love your country and I appreciate that. I don't know why you love it SO much though. And that's not a jab at America, it's a jab at the world. I'm from the UK and I hate what my country has become.. I'd never fight for this country. Never. My relatives have and what did it get them? What did it get us?

I love my countries deep and ancient past. I love my countries landscape. I love my countries people. But what this all boils down to is the countries' (world) leaders. And nobody loves them. Nobody in their right mind can. And i'll be damned if I'm going to defend THEM. In any way shape or form.

So for any Americans who say they will fight for the country they love. For their freedom... all you're doing is fighting for your leaders. And what they have caused.

My country has done things I am ashamed of...no doubt, no nations hands are clean..

But I do love the constitution.. its astounding to me that a group of men from that time period could see so clearly what we could be and had the fore sight to put it down in writing.. that is what I love the most, we in america truly have the ability to change the world in any way we want.

Our sheer size, our abundant natural resources... when focused we have an amazingly driven populace... but we can and should do better. I haven't given up hope that we can turn ourselves around and be a force for actual good in the world, if we just finish waking up and take our govt back; to borrow a quote from Lincoln, "government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

The govt belongs to us, we let the rich take it from us... until we get educated and active we cant take it back... but I believe we can, and I believe we will.

I have faith in the spirit of the American people that when push comes to shove we will stand on whats right... (yea I know sometimes we are slow... get off it we all have our own little issues :p)
edit on 30-3-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I am not proud of my English heritage

I am neither proud or ashamed of my Welsh/Cornish/British ancestors, whatever they did was # all to do with me lol.
The entertainment from people who do give a # about such things is priceless though!

I am a bit busy right now so have missed most of this silly thread but I was born in 1977, I guess I was first eligible to vote in 1994 at the least and cared not for politics until about 5 years ago.

England did some crappy things to a lot of people for a long time but not in my name, I guess those guys are all dead now.

For an American to call out any nation or as I think this thread is an entire continent over their actions is to me like getting home from work after a long hard day and finding that there is a full fridge of beers and a Chuckle Brothers marathon on Dave.

I just wish I had the time to enjoy it for what it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
My country has done things I am ashamed of...no doubt, no nations hands are clean..

Why be ashamed? Did you contribute to the actions which you claim shame for?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Did I nope.. but I am an American citizen... and considering the govt is supposed to work for we the people, when the fed does things the people dont approve of and we do not hold them accountable for their actions we do share a level of the guilt.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Why be ashamed? Did you contribute to the actions which you claim shame for?

Agreed.

I take no pride or feel no shame for the actions of those that once lived on the same bit of rock that I do now.

England did some really horrible things but I was never invited to any meetings about it as I was not born at the time.

Judging someone by their Nationality is foolish at best.

Unless they are American of course, then they deserve everything they get thrown at them and will stick two times out of three...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

and considering the govt is supposed to work for we the people

That notion is long dead and buried.

Words that where written 250 years ago when the word " Corperation " was in it's infancy.

" We the people " now reads " We The Corporation "

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

MAybe they should not have attacked first.

Might want to look up the Rape of Nanking.

Might want to look up a lot of things though instead of making comments like that.

Genocide is the intent to systematically eliminate a cultural, ethnic, linguistic, national, racial or religious group. Well-known examples of genocide include the Armenian Genocide, the Assyrian genocide, the Greek genocide, the Holocaust, the 1971 Bangladesh genocide, the Cambodian Genocide, and more recently the Kurdish Genocide, the Bosnian Genocide, the Rwandan Genocide, and the 1947 retributive genocide in the Punjab during the Partition of India (in which the Muslim population of East Punjab was exterminated in India and the Hindu/Sikh population of West Punjab was exterminated in Pakistan).[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If you haven't heard it today i just wanted to say...

America, # yea!

that is all

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join