It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Crappy Europe: I’m Glad You Hate America…

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: neo96

Dont forget the dutch and all the colonies they had in Africa and well... we all know what came out of those places right...

I know the US has been cleaning up Europe's mess in the middle east for the lat 40 years.

Clearing?

You mean stirring it and making it worse

Like to see how you clean up a dirty room? You just set the house on fire ?

I am on my best behaviour at the moment but even I cannot sit here and let that stand.

What an absurd statement to make eh?

"I know the US has been cleaning up Europe's mess in the middle east for the lat 40 years."

I'll let you deal with this one if that's ok with you mate.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Lol, this has been an amusing thread, plenty of bitchin' whingin' and handbags at dawn, the perfect mix haha!
Thanks for the laugh OP

I couldn't give a toss if Europe or the US can piss further than the other or not, I just love living in my little corner on the coast of SW England, to me this is the best place in the world, and there are plenty of #hole places in the UK I'm so glad I don't live in.

Carry on the whinging folks, genuine amusement, and the angrier ones are even better because I imagine some of you rocking in your chair with crazed eyes lol.

I am all up for a good Barny but this is just absurd!

Gotta love pointless ego's and senseless nonsense.

Sunshine and stupidity with a few beers and no need to join in unless it pokes a few more bears....

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
But you gave enough of a toss to put in your own two cents...I guess you care more than you think.

Nope, I posted because the thread amused me and I was essentially ridiculing the people who really do give a toss about it.
Perhaps if you had not selectively quoted my post it would be clear.
Try again fella, I post sometimes purely for entertainment, not because I actually give a toss about the argument.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Entertainment and comedy gold mate

Angry 'patriots' are some of the best producers of such material.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What's 'absurd' about it ?

The countries we know today in the middle east is what France, and the UK drew up.

And we sure can't forget the Iranian coup.

Operation boot where the UK got the oil from AIOC that became what we know today as British Petroleum.

The UK got the oil.

The US got the 'blame'.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluesma

Being the government is what adults do- whining and bitching about how bad they are is what teens do.

Acting like an adult is paying ones OWN way through life,

Not acting like a 'teen' and expect the state to do it for them.

That is as childish as it gets.

But then again the nation was formed because some people got sick and tired of European ways.

It seems the idea of living off of credit (money you do not have) has made it impossible for some people to understand the concept of paying in advance for your services and goods. There is no government "paying for" us.

Let's see if I can help by explaining it another way-
like when you go to one of those machines in which you put your card in, tap a code, say how much money you want, and it comes out? That was already YOUR money. You put it in the bank, and they hold it for you so you do not have to carry around large sums of money in your pocket to pay for a coffee. The bank is not paying your coffee FOR you.
You are paying your coffee with your own money. Get it?

(and, there wasn't national healthcare programs when europeans colonized america so they were not a reason for it to have happened)

edit on 30-3-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Got to say, it's been one of the most entertaining threads I've read for a while.

Shame I've got to stop keeping a regular check on it as, just for a change, I'm going to the pub.....still, I'm sure there'll be a page or two to catch up on when I get in.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

There is no government "paying for" us.

That is rather obvious.

The French like ever other country is getting the shaft through taxation.

The VAT.

AT 20%

Though not by much

71,827-152,108 which would be middle class here in 'Merica.

At 45% plus another 20% for the VAT.

Effectively a 65% tax rate.

Which is nonsense.

Go Europe!

Not.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Dear Crappy Europe is RIGHT!

The overall rate of social security and tax on the average wage in 2005 was 71.3% of gross salary, the highest of the OECD.

en.wikipedia.org...

The SS tax here in the US is around 7 % split between employer, and employee.

edit on 30-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What's 'absurd' about it ?

The countries we know today in the middle east is what France, and the UK drew up.

And we sure can't forget the Iranian coup.

Operation boot where the UK got the oil from AIOC that became what we know today as British Petroleum.

The UK got the oil.

The US got the 'blame'.

Oh dear, here you go again.

I am not biting so you might as well find someone else to spout your absurd non sense to.

I am far too happy here in England with the way things are to bother biting to your silliness.

I am sure someone will be along shortly to take the bait but as it is groundless it will be their fault.

I doff my hat to you Sir and bid you good day.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

....that is not the only thing that makes a man.

A man knows when to be tough, and when to be vulnerable. A man stops and helps an old lady change a flat tire. A man stands up against the bully and a man stands up for what is right.

I believe helping those that cannot pay their own way is the right thing to do.

I do not like having my manhood put in to question, which is what I think this article does, simply because I am willing to contribute what I can to benefit the collective good. We are better-off as a nation if more people can see a doctor or can get an education.

A real man does what is right and gives a helping hand to those in need. A real man does not sit idly by and marvel at how "manly" his pockets have become while his neighbors can't afford cancer treatment or a nutritious meal.

This post brightened up my day. There is a place for chivalry in the modern world

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yes so 'absurd' !

A century ago, European powers redrew the lines of the Levant according to their own needs. They are gone, but the map remains, along with a shameful irony: While Europeans found a better way to set their own borders, the states they carved out of the Ottoman Empire continue to burn and self-destruct.

www.thetower.org...

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup (Persian: کودتای ۲۸ مرداد‎‎), was the overthrow of the Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh in favour of strengthening the monarchical rule of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United Kingdom (under the name "Operation Boot") and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project).[3][4][5][6]

Mossadegh had sought to audit the books of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), a British corporation (now BP) and to change the terms of the company's access to Iranian petroleum reserves. Upon the refusal of the AIOC to co-operate with the Iranian government, the parliament (Majlis) voted to nationalize the assets of the company and expel their representatives from the country.[

Operation Boot
edit on 30-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So Europe isn't the one to be criticizing anyone.

The same can be said for America. Can it not ?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 30-3-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
For one thing, the UK shouldn't confuse itself with Europe. The UK and the US are closer in fraternity than many European neighbors are.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

So Europe isn't the one to be criticizing anyone.

The same can be said for America. Can it not ?

Nope.

See what that European Hitler did.

See what the UK did to the natives in Austrialia.

See what the UK did to the peoples of AFrica.

See what the UK did to the peoples of India.

The first two was genocide.

The Zulu war in Africa.

So no the same can't be said about America.

Hell it's the country with the least amount of blood on it's hands.

And we can talk about the inventors of chemical warfare. Europeans if ya want.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I see you have missed off what the naughty UK did to America. 13 British Colonies that founded The U.S. The country that you are now so proud off.

Funny you missed that off your list.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU
a reply to: Tiamat384

Actually most terrorism done in europe in recent times, have nothing to do with immigrants

-Rote Armee
-IRA
-Anders Breivik
Just to mention a few

All national raised terrorist, and they have killed and cause a lot more destruction than immigrants have...

That's a dumbass comment. Regardless of domestic 'homegrown' terrorism, Europe obviously has a immigrant terrorism problem as well. And, since no terrorism problem is a small problem, you have a very serious immigrant terrorism problem...and unfortunately it's probably going to get worse.

If you have to insult people to make a comment, maybe your the dumbass...

I was saying we had problems before, NOT that we dont have them now.. But some people seems to think ONLY muslim people create problems.. If you cant understand what iam saying, i cant help you

Agree or disagree, we can discuss that. But if you want to play the insult game, you will have to find someone else to play with

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yes so 'absurd' !

A century ago, European powers redrew the lines of the Levant according to their own needs. They are gone, but the map remains, along with a shameful irony: While Europeans found a better way to set their own borders, the states they carved out of the Ottoman Empire continue to burn and self-destruct.

www.thetower.org...

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup (Persian: کودتای ۲۸ مرداد‎‎), was the overthrow of the Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh in favour of strengthening the monarchical rule of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United Kingdom (under the name "Operation Boot") and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project).[3][4][5][6]

Mossadegh had sought to audit the books of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), a British corporation (now BP) and to change the terms of the company's access to Iranian petroleum reserves. Upon the refusal of the AIOC to co-operate with the Iranian government, the parliament (Majlis) voted to nationalize the assets of the company and expel their representatives from the country.[

Operation Boot

Well done Sir.

I like your ability to use google and good luck with that.

Still really quite sad though.

Meh.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I see you have missed off what the naughty UK did to America. 13 British Colonies that founded The U.S. The country that you are now so proud off.

Yep, that certainly is a stain in the history of British colonialism.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join