It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders at just one digit difference from Hillary Clinton in NY primary Last Poll!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Not magic ... just NBC.

Actually, you could not watch Major League Baseball teams more than 50 miles from their home market until 1965 so, no, the Hilldog is still a lying witch for saying that.

Care to give us some proof of that claim, you know, since you were so badly mistaken on the cable snipe?

Because ...

On October 1 of that year, (1951) NBC aired the first coast-to-coast baseball telecast as the Brooklyn Dodgers were beaten by the New York Giants in the first game of a playoff series by the score of 3-1 on a Bobby Thomson's 3-run game-winning home run. Thomson's famous now-legendary home run) would occur in the third game of the best of 3 series.

Baseball Broadcasting Firsts Wiki
edit on 10-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: noed

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

As you like to say:

By 1965, Major League Baseball ended the big-city blackout, got $6.5 million for exclusivity, and split the pot. Low hanging fruit on Wikipedia

I will take that apology now.

edit on 10-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

As you like to say:

By 1965, Major League Baseball ended the big-city blackout, got $6.5 million for exclusivity, and split the pot. Low hanging fruit on Wikipedia

I will take that apology now.

Ibid

To make matters worse, Major League Baseball barred the Game of the Week from airing within 50 miles of any ballpark. Major League Baseball according to Scherick, insisted on protecting local coverage and didn't care about national appeal. ABC though, did care about the national appeal and claimed that "most of America was still up for grabs.

Why would I apologize? The "Blackout" was around the cities within 50 miles not across the nation.
edit on 10-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

EDIT: You've got it backwards, in other words.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
PS: It's 795.2 miles from Chicago IL to Yankee Stadium

Source

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Why would I apologize? The "Blackout" was around the cities within 50 miles not across the nation.

It was 50 miles around ANY ballpark. Meaning that the Hilldog, who lived within a few miles of two parks in Chicago would not have seen the MLB game of the week with the New York Yankees.

Also, Major League Baseball barred the Game of the Week from airing within 50 miles of any ballpark.

Additionally, the Yankees have had their own television deals from nearly the outset which is why they were on WPIX prior to moving to cable in the 1980's.

Hillary was full of s***, she could not have watched the Yankees as a little girl growing up unless they were in the World Series. Once a year viewing is not exactly what I call 'growing up with a team'.

edit on 10-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How is it that you get away with a partisan slur instead of calling Clinton by her real name?

It was a relatively minor point that you goofed on in your rush to condemn Clinton, literally for ANYTHING.

... but just for fun. Prove it. Prove that the blackout was 50 miles around ANY ballpark.

Once a year viewing is not exactly what I call 'growing up with a team'.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're already waffling ... nevermind.

What would be the point of nationally televising games? As ...

All of the Contiguous United States, except for some small, remote, isolated patches, are within at least one team's blackout territory. Some areas may lie within the territories of two or more. As the accompanying map shows, teams generally have exclusive territorial rights only over their home cities' immediate area, but even then there are exceptions.

Major League Baseball Blackout Policy - more low hangers

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

How is it that you get away with a partisan slur instead of calling Clinton by her real name?

Because I am special. And Shillary said I can call her names.

It was a relatively minor point that you goofed on in your rush to condemn Clinton, literally for ANYTHING.

Actually, it was kind of a big deal when she said it during her Senate run and the New York tabloids picked up on her pandering goof. You can still read the articles on line.

... but just for fun. Prove it. Prove that the blackout was 50 miles around ANY ballpark.

I did, see above. It is in your Wikipedia low hanging fruit category.

Need me to prove to you that the Yankees had a contract with WPIX to broadcast their games as well? And that they could not broadcast a television signal from New York to Chicago?

Face it, she lied and you are wrong.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Naw ... (and I know you're special AM, *puppy eyes*)

Just prove that games were blacked out within 50 miles of ANY ballpark.

That's really not so much to ask is it?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That's really not so much to ask is it?

Also, Major League Baseball barred the Game of the Week from airing within 50 miles of ANY ballpark.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Face it, she lied and you are wrong.

Are you sure Hillary couldn't have watched World Series Games?

Are you sure that, say, like many American kids in the 50s who thought of the Yankees as "America's team" she didn't grow up with those feelings?

Are you sure that all of this huff is not merely directly related to your apparent hatred of Clinton, regardless of the facts?

(As you, er, already admitted unless you edited that out too.)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Are you sure should couldn't have watched World Series Games?

I already addressed that.

Are you sure that all of this huff is not merely directly related to your apparent hatred of Clinton, regardless of the facts?

It is just one of a long list of reasons to despise her lying, pandering ass.

(As you, er, already admitted unless you edited that out too.)

'Edited that out too'? What else do you think I edited out? My edits are to correct grammar or links, I do not change what I write post facto.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

So ... let's summarize.

1. You hate Hillary Clinton and will take any opportunity to criticize her on any nitpicked "issue." Check.

2. You made a spurious claim that broadcasts of Yankee Baseball would have only been available after the advent of cable. Check.

3. You admit that she, like many American kids in the 1950s, could have been big fans of the Yankees, while only getting to watch them play in the World Series. Check.

I will apologize about my misunderstanding of the games being blacked out in Major League markets as well. I was born in 1966 and they were always televised. I am sorry I went on my own knowledge and understanding in that.

Check.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Good on Bernie. Anyone but Hillary.

She needs to be in jail ... not heading the most powerful office in the land.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

1. You hate Hillary Clinton and will take any opportunity to criticize her on any nitpicked "issue." Check.

Guilty.

2. You made a spurious claim that broadcasts of Yankee Baseball would have only been available after the advent of cable. Check.

No, I stated the fact that the Hilldog would not have been able to watch Yankee broadcasts in Chicago contrary to what her lying, carpet bagging ass claimed. And guess what? I was correct.

3. You admit that she, like many American kids in the 1950s, could have been big fans of the Yankees, while only getting to watch them play in the World Series. Check.

Sadly, that was not her claim. When someone says, 'I grew up doing X', the average person understands that to be a regular occurrence, not a once a year deal.

I will apologize about my misunderstanding of the games being blacked out in Major League markets as well. I was born in 1966 and they were always televised. I am sorry I went on my own knowledge and understanding in that.

Check.

This is not about you, this is about her, she lied. WPIX had the exclusive Yankees broadcast rights since the 1950's to the 1980's, she would not have been able to watch them regularly. It just shows how much of a pandering political whore she is.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

No, I stated the fact that the Hilldog would not have been able to watch Yankee broadcasts in Chicago contrary to what her lying, carpet bagging ass claimed. And guess what? I was correct.

No, actually, this is what you said verbatim:

But she said she grew up watching the Yankees on television in the 1950's when she lived in Chicago so she is a real deal New Yorker.

She forgot to mention that it was a magic set that was able to get WPIX before cable was available.

So, yes, you clearly stated that Yankees television broadcasts would only have been available on cable in Chicago ... which was not available in the 1950s.

Which, you've subsequently admitted, is not true. There were MLB broadcasts on regular TV. It's okay, we all make mistakes.

Sadly, that was not her claim. When someone says, 'I grew up doing X', the average person understands that to be a regular occurrence, not a once a year deal.

Now you're speaking for "the average person"? Hoo boy. Kids all over the States in the 50s loved the Yankees, remember "America's Team"? Lot's of them (according to you) would have only gotten to watch them actually PLAY during special events like the World Series. But for you, that's not enough. Who cares?

This is not about you, this is about her, she lied. WPIX had the exclusive Yankees broadcast rights since the 1950's to the 1980's, she would not have been able to watch them regularly. It just shows how much of a pandering political whore she is.

Dude YOU are the one who made it "about me" ... you asked for an apology, and I apologized for my assumption based on my experience.

Why don't you do this ... quote Clinton in what she says about watching the Yankees ... and we can all judge if you're just obsessing about your nit-picking. I'm unable to find a quote ... merely folks like you jumping on the "SHE LIED" bandwagon.

Thank you kindly if you can.

edit on 10-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

edit on 10-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted again

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
So NY is coming up, would it be fair to say if Hilary triumphs then Sanders campaign is all but over?

How likely is it that the super delegates are going to swap sides again and go against Clinton?

I hope all people who experience voter fraud or have their right to vote infringed manage to get proof, either through photos or footage

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
So NY is coming up, would it be fair to say if Hilary triumphs then Sanders campaign is all but over?

How likely is it that the super delegates are going to swap sides again and go against Clinton?

I hope all people who experience voter fraud or have their right to vote infringed manage to get proof, either through photos or footage

Why would Sanders quit now? He's always been "behind" Clinton.

He'll take it all the way to the DNC, and if he doesn't get what he wants there, he'll end his year-long career as a Democrat and go back to his thirty plus year record as an Independent.

He's gotten the exposure he needs at this point ... as has Mr. Trump.

I'm expecting a 3 or 4 way race in November, which is a great thing for American politics.

(Mostly because it will likely remind folks of the importance of the House of Representatives.)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So, yes, you clearly stated that Yankees television broadcasts would only have been available on cable ... which was not available in the 1950s.

Which, you've subsequently admitted, is not true. It's okay, we all make mistakes.

Actually, I said sarcastically that she had a magic television that got WPIX (The Yankees station) before cable. She did not get WPIX in Chicago. Nothing is incorrect about that at all.

Now you're speaking for "the average person"? Hoo boy. Kids all over the States in the 50s loved the Yankees, remember "America's Team"? Lot's of them (according to you) would have only gotten to watch them actually PLAY during special events like the World Series. But for you, that's not enough. Who cares?

That was certainly not her point and she was called out for it by the press. As a matter of fact, she fielded some sarcastic questions yesterday asking her is she has been watching the Yankees.

Dude YOU are the one who made it "about me" ... you asked for an apology, and I apologized for my assumption based on my experience.

Actually, you made it about you by interjecting your 'low hanging fruit' comment.

Why don't you do this ... quote Clinton in what she says about watching the Yankees ... and we can all judge if you're just obsessing about your nit-picking. I'm unable to find a quote ... merely folks like you jumping on the "SHE LIED" bandwagon.

Thank you kindly if you can.

Hillary the political whore, in her own words:

Dan Rather: "Here's a tough question. One that you're going to be asked repeatedly, one that you are eventually going to have to answer. For whom do you root, the Mets or the Yankees?"

Hillary Clinton: "Very good question" (laughing). You know, I just love baseball. So the politic answer is that, since I do plan to live in New York no matter what I end up doing, I'll root for both.

Dan Rather: "Ah, but you know New York. New York in many ways is split between those who cheer for the Mets and those who cheer for the Yankees. So, I have to pressure you to come back. Mets or Yankees, Mrs. Clinton?"

Hillary Clinton: "Well, you know Dan, that's one of those questions I'm probably going to have to give serious thought to and give you a final answer." Political Expediency

Both teams your wicked-witchiness?!? Seriously? I thought you were a Yankee fan growing up? Everyone knows you are either a Yankees fan or a Mets fan. Only douche nozzles say they root for both.

Later, Clinton asserted that she'd "always been a Yankees fan." Couric correctly challenged her, saying she thought the first lady, a native of Illinois, was a Chicago Cubs fan.

"Are you a Yankees fan, too?" asked host Katie Couric.

"Well, now," Hillary Clinton replied, "the fact is I've always been a Yankees fan."

"I am a Cubs fan," Clinton said. "But I needed an American League team . . . so as a young girl, I became very interested and enamored of the Yankees." *barf* What a whore.

Even Saturday Night Live remembers what a team whore she was (go to 1:40 for pandering):

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

1. Dude, you claimed she'd have had to have a magic tv set to pick up cable in the 1950s implying very clearly that she had to be lying when she (supposedly) said she watched the Yankees regularly. It was a snide swipe, and you miscued.

2. Reporters in New York asked someone about watching the Yankees' game? Lord, stop the presses.

3. She says nothing about watching the Yankees on TV in the 50s in the Rather interview quote.

4. You put the lie to your own claim with your Couric quote: Clinton said:

"I am a Cubs fan," Clinton said. "But I needed an American League team . . . so as a young girl, I became very interested and enamored of the Yankees."

Nothing about magic TV sets there.

AM, this is ridiculous. You have no quotes which show Clinton saying what you claim she said. That's all I needed.

Continue to pick the nit of the nit of the imaginary nit. The evidence is clear.

And the thread is about Bernie Sanders. Beg pardon all for the divergence.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

1. Dude, you claimed she'd have had to have a magic tv set to pick up cable in the 1950s implying very clearly that she had to be lying when she (supposedly) said she watched the Yankees regularly. It was a snide swipe, and you miscued.

No, I claimed she would have to have a magic television to get WPIX BEFORE cable. Read it again. Slowly.

2. Reporters in New York asked someone about watching the Yankees' game? Lord, stop the presses.

Yup, because they remember her bull.

3. She says nothing about watching the Yankees on TV in the 50s in the Rather interview quote.

That was to establish that she was a Cubs fan before she voted to become a Yankees fan. You know, street cred (which she has none of).

AM, this is ridiculous. You have no quotes which show Clinton saying what you claim she said. That's all I needed.

Continue to pick the nit of the nit of the imaginary nit. The evidence is clear.

I think it is quite clear now, as it was in 1999, that she claimed to be a Yankees fan out of political expediency.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join