It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Muslims Must Be Assumed To Be Dangerous

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: intrptr

You should ,PROFILE the hell out of us too.we are disgruntled as a result of the 90s.
Be nice or make 'em spit teeth I say.

Your own choices led to your disgruntlement. I can see why that rankles...led down the garden path, by nationalism and lies, for a war that has only led to more discontent, uncertainty and loss. Yes, I can see why that hurts.

My respect lies not with the soldiers, those too brainwashed or easily led. rather, it lies with those who would not fight. Not because they couldn't, but because they wouldn't.

History is full of people dying for the causes and power of others, ultimately for nothing.

I respect those who tolerate, include, share, communicate; not those who kill, hurt, maim, blindly follow orders.

Soldiers do NOT have my respect. They are part of the problem, not the solution.

It's part of the same ignorance and lack of spine that leads to this OP.

There, you have my word.

edit on 30-3-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I SAID MUSIC made headbangers that way.NOT where ever the HELL YOUR head dragged it out to.
I joined as a measure of who I was and to fight.
I already HAVE a fan club I don't need more.
NOR can a prog shame ME ,as they are not a part of any system, but a failing administration.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

My comment stands, reinforced by your post.

I'm sorry you had the need to measure yourself that way. You have contributed to the hatred.
It's not about shaming.

Ich bin ein Terran.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Soldiers who hate die fast.
Emotion in war is ONLY a mistake,of course wether or NOT I showed up war would still exist.
Wether or not AMERICA had a military war will still exist and your German would be excellent.
I CANNOT believe you will continue to play an ostridge and hang all that on soldiers who are fighting as we speak.
Pathetic,impotent ,blind and lost.
Enjoy your false paradigm,just don't TRY it the middle east right now. and avoid INPERSON holier than thou preatching for the cellphone philosophy.
Someone who ISNT a pacifist might KILL you as opposed to a soldier who will just glare or at worst beat your ass.
WE didn't create assassins we just kill them and improve their model ...RUNAWAY!
edit on 30-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yep, as I said, and you have more than aptly illustrated: you are part of the problem, while thinking you're part of the solution.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

No you are.
You have NO idea what is done apparently or how.
BANKS are the ones who decide these things NOT me .
Constant short sight support of a failed philosophy based on surrender ,submission and a very solid set of blinders to block out all the nasty bad that surrounds you .
I FIGHT that.
edit on 30-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I assume any man is a danger, even an idealist one as yourself.. Most people see themselves as right.. I think its called Narcissistic personality ( Link ) . It came with evolution..

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I am from Northern Ireland. For about 40 years we were seen as the terrorists of the UK. I was subjected to verbal attacks and sly remarks for years simply because of where I came from. Many people did not trust me because of my accent. Regardless if the fact that I was a soldier in the British Army and had done several tours of duty in NI, performing counter terrorist roles. I was still viewed with suspicion and as a probable terrorist sympathiser by many people.

Then 9/11 happened and the Irish were no longer the terrorists. The focus shifted to Muslims. Now they are not trusted by large groups and are often assumed to be terrorist sympathisers just because if their religious or cultural background.

Racial and cultural profiling is crap. It simply serves to divide nations and causes fear and mistrust. This is to the advantage of governments because a scared population is easy to manipulate.
edit on 30-3-2016 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

What percentage do you assume are radical Muslims? I am assuming 10-20% of the world wide Muslim population. I have seen much higher estimates. I would assume no more than 5% of almost any other demographic is dangerous.

Why are world wide statistics relevant if you live in the US? It's highly unlikely that a Muslim person who is living legally in the country would randomly decide to harm you. In fact the risk of being caught in a terrorist attack inside the US is less than being struck by lightening. I would say stop worrying so much and stop believing that there is some boogey man around every corner. Stop watching the sensationalist MSM so much and judge people as you meet them, not before you meet them.
edit on 30/3/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Americans kill more Americans than Muslims kill Americans, therefor. Be extremely wary of dumb Americans and their boom boom sticks they are a danger to American men women and children. Be careful when you send your child to school or when you visit the theatre to watch a movie. It could be the last thing you do. There is a dangerous breed of Americans out there

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't dispute that there are many peaceful Muslims who would never hurt anyone. I believe there are kind and loving Muslim people in the world. The problem is I can't tell the difference and there really are 10-20% of Muslims who will kill you or worse because of their ideology. How am I supposed to tell the difference? Sociopaths are inherently difficult to identify and I don't have the tools or the inclination to determine which of these people is 'good' and which are 'bad'.

The main problem I have is I don't NEED to have Muslim people in my life so why should I risk having them around me? I don't have the tools or time to make a decision about every Muslim person I meet. This doesn't mean I don't treat them with respect when I run into them, but it does mean I am not going to intentionally have a relationship with one either.

Now you could say that anyone could be dangerous and this is true, but the fact is the percentage of 'radical' Muslims is much higher than in the general population and it is easier to assume they are dangerous than to try to figure out their intent.

I am not calling for discrimination or telling others what to do, but I am saying for ME it is easier to avoid these people than take a risk that 1 in 5 or so of these people would like to kill me, rape me or enslave me for not believing in their Allah.

I am not trained to decide who is dangerous or who is not nor do I possess ESP. Mathematically speaking it is easier to assume they are dangerous than take a 20% risk.

I was in your exact position a good number of years ago and I even did Arabic, Islamic and koranic studies at university...though my estimate was more .10-.20 of a percent...don't forget most Arabs are Muslim but most Muslims are east Asian...Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.

It didn't fit what is studied and what I knew though spending time and making hundreds of Muslim friends from abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Iraq. I went into a three year obsessive dig into each and every dark little corner of what is going on in the world today, you wouldn't believe actually how far I went and the thousands and thousands of hours I logged investigating. But I came to a conclusion that is oddly clear as crystal yet dark as night if you never look for it, which most people don't. And those who do are ridiculed by a population trained to see a nut or a cook (kuke? Loll) in a person making claims like I am. But the conclusion was the US government in cahoots with several others has had a plan on the books in which several different major world alterations can find advent and the plan goes back as far as the 60s and 70s and tells about using a misunderstood group to scapegoat as an enemy to fear exacerbated by radical cultural differences and the ways just a handful of them can be deceptively perverted by the media to create a phantom formidable foe and the plans even cite Islam as a perfect example which I guess was still the case 30 years later. I don't have all my files or sources on me now in in a hotel on my mobile but boy oh boy the things I wish I could go back and show myself when I was where you are. Of course, I was so angry and facebook-happy and driven by the us vs them mentality that i would have laughed in my own face when I went deeper into it because while I get it now, the truth is so hard to fathom that I won't get into it not here "unarmed" but ill just say stop watching and reading the news if you feel this way cuz it means you're just one of the masses who are buying it. But god my friend if only you knew how diffeewnt the world is than what you think...I also don't wanna get into it for the fact that yea, they're winning with me too cuz in one of the masses of people whod rather not put myself thrust the embarrassment of being labeled a nut or cook sadly. Mostly because in a nobody who just happened to be in the right place at the right time TWO different times to be lucky enough to witness something that turned the world upside down on me and let me venture into my whole exploration of what's going on with a mind open enough to believe anything that was coming. Ugh I hate cryptic ppl on here but I guess that's more the people who claim to know the meaning of life or who consult with aliens who have the supposed missing piece of the puzzle but only come to post that they will tell the rest of us when they decide were ready. Haha, my story is nothing fantastic like that. But still one I hope to heck I can share here someday soon...the crowd here isn't what it used to be though and I am no fool, some things I dying to say will put me right into a sea of ridicule I don't want. Anyway, maybe that just ended up being a bunch of BS yackidy yack, or maybe it will push you one step closer to realizing we have an enemy ten times more dangerous than you imagine Muslims being. But that enemy looks nothing like were meant to think and theyre in our back yards, not the middle east...they simply have the public forums all at their disposal and can make any narrative they want what we people see everywhere we look whether there's anything actually there or just smoke and mirrors
edit on 3/30/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Realistically, soldiers are necessary.

Whether we desire it or not, there are threats out there which may have to be confronted some day, and people like my grandfathers, both of whom fought tyranny on my behalf, and the behalf of all the rest of the species, are directly responsible for what freedoms remain to us. Without them, our species would be ruled by a fascist dictatorship, entire cultures would have been wiped out, and we would not be having this conversation.

However, a soldier has to be lead. This is why it is imperative to select leaders who are moral and capable, rather than treacherous and wasteful of the lives of both their own subordinates, as well as the civilian population of nations with whom one might be at war. THIS is the point of failure, not the existence of persons prepared to defend their fellow countrymen with their lives. Soldiers are, in some respects, no different to any other tool that is wielded for a specific purpose. Used correctly, they can be protectors, defenders, valiant and noble. When they are misdirected and misused, they can find themselves lied to and under fire from their own people, despite not being responsible for the orders they are given.

You may not respect soldiery, but you ought to. The problem is, that leaders these days do not respect them either, and that is what leads to them being used poorly, and seen in poor light. Perhaps if people respected their protectors a little more, they would only vote for people who know the value of soldiers, and the grave responsibility that leading them entails, the importance of only committing forces to honourable aims.

War for oil is not the fault of warriors, but those who lead them.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

You basically just described how racism and discrimination work from the point of view of the racist or discriminating person. I am sure that much less than 20% of Muslims are dangerous. Not only is your reaction off, your initial assumptions about how many Muslims are dangerous and even that Muslims are more dangerous than whites are way off. In fact, this kind of generalizing is dangerous for a society. What happens when discrimination not based anywhere in facts moves on to another group of people besides Muslims? How frustrating must it be for someone who looks like a Muslim or is a Mulsim practicing in peace to be discriminated against for something they have no control over?

1. Non-Muslims make up the majority of terrorists in the United States: According to the FBI, 94% of terrorist attacks carried out in the United States from 1980 to 2005 have been by non-Muslims.

This means that you should be more afraid of your white, Hispanic and black friends than Muslims. Are you going to discount them, as well? Are you going to be a loner?

Huffington Post
edit on 30amWed, 30 Mar 2016 04:20:26 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
This is to the advantage of governments because a scared population is easy to manipulate.

Right now it seems like citizens of the U.S. are practically begging for totalitarian rules to be put in place to deal with the mostly peaceful Muslim population. Those rules could then be applied to other groups, since there would be a precedent set.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Was it rational for the Indians to fear the Europeans and not trust them?

The Native Americans were wiped out entirely in some parts of the Americas. Americans passed out smallpox blankets in the 1800's that killed entire families.

Now Native Americans are confined to reservations because Europeans claimed most of their land for their own. Statistically, it is nearly 100% likely that a Native American today has been affected by Europeans by having their ancestors killed or their ancestral land taken away. That is a much different statistic than the less than .001% of Americans affected by Islamic terrorist attacks.
edit on 30amWed, 30 Mar 2016 04:31:17 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 30amWed, 30 Mar 2016 04:31:34 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Don't forget about all those illegals from south of the border who are all rapists and murderers. How can you tell a legal from an illegal just from looking at them? For that matter, how do you know when someone is a Muslim or not? In America, they don't all wear burkas and turbans.

I have an idea... if you've got brown skin, you're bad. Got it.

It is disingenuous to try to ascribe your hyperbole to me.

I don't think this is a hyperbole, I think she is actually stating something that entirely makes sense from your point of view. How were you planning on telling Muslims apart from everyone else again?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I said, based on the high number of Muslims that are radicalized I will be assuming they are dangerous because I don't have the skills or time to decide which is which. I said I personally will avoid Muslims.

Have you looked into how many Muslims have been radicalized? Sources I was just reading said less than 1%, not 20%.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Well for a start, if you are basing your one in five figure from the crap that got circulated by Rupert Murdoch's rag, that has been ruled to be misleading by the UK Press Regulator

The Sun's UK Muslim 'jihadi sympathy' article 'misleading', Ipso rules

Now lets address the rest of it.

As can be seen from these actual statistics 51.7% of serial killers are white people.

31% of public mass shootings WORLDWIDE happen in the USA

This article from Huffington Post belies your predjudices

As a matter of fact, Americans were more likely to be killed by a toddler in 2013 than they were by a so-called “Muslim terrorist”.

Are you living in fear of all those things as well? Do you want to get rid of white people, gun owners and toddlers?

If you wish to stupidly live in fear and make false assumptions, listen to right wing propaganda from extremely dubious news sources and ride the kool aid train then that is to your detriment.

May you should try to actively educate yourself with facts on the subject from sites that aren't run by Rupert Murdoch, can be tracked back to Breitbart, or are associated with far right elements, or so-called "patriotism"? - here's a clue, if, on the first page, it mentions saving the middle east's only nuclear armed country, or rips into the Koran in any article, or has bible quotes plastered all over it to the detriment of every other religion, then its not likely going to give you a balanced viewpoint.

edit on 30/3/16 by neformore because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/3/16 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Actuallya reply to: kaylaluv
Actually according to polls from around the globe, th percentage of ISIS sympathizers in muslim countries averages out at around 80%. In western muslim communities it sits at around 50-60%. Of course th Leftist press doesn't want you to know this, otherwise you'd all be screamin for Trump lol! However, these polls are accurae. 20% is far too low and innacurate. So yes, it would be wise to temper yourself with caution around muslims. It's called Common Sense. Even Turkish school children are now taught about the joys of religious martyrdom in their gov. produced textbooks. It's a wonderful multicultural world we live in.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jimbo999

Bull.

Show us stats from actual, independently verifiable sources. That prove that.

You can't, because its a BS assumption made by idiots and propagated as "truth" to further a bigoted agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join