It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company Invents Gun That Looks Like a Cellphone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ideal Conceal has engineered a carry gun that has all the outward appearances of a cellphone. The concept is intriguing for concealed as well as open carry enthusiasts, and will most likely be the center of controversy in gun-free areas due to it's camouflaged nature.

The gun is chambered in .380 caliber, and get this--double barreled. I'm sure it will be lambasted by the likes of Horowitz or Sugarman, much to my delight.idealconceal.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Looks like something that can be printed...cool idea...not sure what the difference is if you are licensed to carry...more of a novelty...take it out of pocket, unfold then shoot...seems like a foolish extra step unless you want criminals to get their hands on this...I'm sure you can make a gun out of a banana shape if you wanted...wondering if they are just looking for extra attention...
edit on 29-3-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

"Lightweight One-Piece Frame
Simple Design and Trouble-Free Operation
High Velocity, Increased accuracy
Hammerless construction for maximum safety.
List Price $395.00"
edit on 29-3-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm all about gun rights. But this is concealed, concealed overkill. This thing could get into the wrong hands. Say.... an angry teen for example. And giving every kid has a phone in school anymore....
See where I'm going.
S & F. πŸ˜•

OR or or.. the 6 year old who found mommy or daddy's cell phone.. whoops it's a gun.πŸ˜•
edit on 29-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I will defend the right of people to own a gun till I am dead...

But this is a bad idea... how many police shootings have we discussed on these boards and elsewhere... what do you think will happen the first time one of these is used on a cop.

Anyone with a cell phone in hand just became a target of a cop... bad idea is very bad.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
it just needs a sticker with the phrase "free call to hell".

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

oh joy - a folding derringer

that looks nothing like a cellphone

and defeats the entire point of carrying a derringer

appologies - i must go lie down now - my sarcasm level has reached critical

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

"Drop the weapon!"

It certainly looks like a cellphone.. not a good idea n - not at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This concept is certainly a novelty in the gun world, right along with belt buckle and pen guns. I'm sure it will be appealing to some in the marketplace, but not me. My Sig239 or Kimber works just fine for concealed purposes.

I found this gun a different and strange platform, so I wanted to share it with those here.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Exactly πŸ‘

Both ways.. vice versa.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I certainly wouldn't want to carry it on my belt using the integral belt clip, since it would be fairly identifiable as the new 'cell phone pistol' and would be easy to yank off by someone that saw what it was.
I would rather trade those two rounds of .380 that looks something like a cellphone for a real pocket pistol in .380 with 5+1 rounds.... a pistol that was designed to shoot like a pistol... not designed to look like a cellphone.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I own a few guns too. Novelty or not. This feels like it's tempting a person with I.E.D. or explosive temper. To say.. "give me a reason". πŸ‘ˆ lol.. I have trust issues.
I don't have a temper. But I know people who do.

Me:
Glock 22
Beretta FS 92
S&W Amorlite 15
Mosberg 500 for skeet/trap shooting

And a cross bow.
All locked up buried in dust and spiders in the basement.. haven't used either in over ten years.

And of course thanks for sharing😊

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I own a few guns too. Novelty or not. This feels like it's tempting a person with I.E.D. or explosive temper. To say.. "give me a reason".

Me:
Glock 22
Beretta FS 92
S&W Amorlite 15
Mosberg 500 for skeet/trap shooting

And a cross bow.

I see it as a marketing tool perhaps geared towards the fastest growing group in the gun world--women. I can see it as an acceptable option for those who have considered carry, but haven't taken that step. At the end of the day, it's still a novelty, but I understand the concern voiced by some posters as to LE view on this platform.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

$395?

Well, thats cheaper than my current monthly plan!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
.380 was once viewed as a caliber that lacked the necessary knock-down power as others. A shortened version of the 9x19 round, this caliber has been the beneficiary of advances in bullet technology in the last decade. DTM, Hornady and others have created some devastating ammo in this caliber specifically manufactured and marketed for self-defense/carry.

With the advent of a plethora of pocket pistols, most utilize this caliber in it's offerings.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yes that's a good market. But people steal cell phones. Makes me think of this recent thread.
Cell phone bait..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol.. I'm just a worried wart.πŸ˜‰

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
.380 was once viewed as a caliber that lacked the necessary knock-down power as others. A shortened version of the 9x19 round, this caliber has been the beneficiary of advances in bullet technology in the last decade. DTM, Hornady and others have created some devastating ammo in this caliber specifically manufactured and marketed for self-defense/carry.

With the advent of a plethora of pocket pistols, most utilize this caliber in it's offerings.

I have carried a Walther TPH in .22 LR in the past. Stainless steel and very concealable. I am not the guy that poo-poos a caliber as too small. I shot a 1,500 lb steer running away from me with a .22 WMR and dropped him like a sack of bricks. It is all about shot placement.
Anyone that said that I didn't have a enough gun with the TPH, I asked them to stand ten paces away and let me shoot at them. No one ever took me up on it.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What could possibly go wrong with this idea? Hopefully it never sees the market. So damn stupid.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I am not the guy that poo-poos a caliber as too small.

Nor am I. It's all about personal preference and what is capable of doing the job. The newest RI 1911 chambered in the .22 TCM is a prime example what you conveyed in your post. To each their own, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
What could possibly go wrong with this idea? Hopefully it never sees the market. So damn stupid.

Yeah, I can see cops shooting people with cell phones in their hands because they thought they might be cell phone guns.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

I am not the guy that poo-poos a caliber as too small.

Nor am I. It's all about personal preference and what is capable of doing the job. The newest RI 1911 chambered in the .22 TCM is a prime example what you conveyed in your post. To each their own, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, we are on the same page.

<<   2  3 >>

join