It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corey Lewandowski Attempts To Smear Accuser, Lies Just Keep Piling Up.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I was made aware of allegations being made about Michelle Fields in a post regarding Lewandowski's arrest. Interested to know more, I did some quick searching and found that tweets by Mr. Lewandowski were the apparent source. After poking around a bit more, it was obvious that what was taking place was a half-assed smear campaign.

Let's start with one of Mr. Lewandowski's earliest tweets about the incident:

Based on the newest videos, we know definitively that the above is a lie. Despite a very large concerted effort to cast doubt about who grabbed Ms. Fields — one that even included her then employer — we can see in the latest video that in fact, there was no misidentification and it was Lewandowski who grabbed the journalist's arm. On to the attempts to discredit Ms. Fields. We'll start with this gem:

The incident referenced occurred in 2011 when Fields was a reporter for another conservative outlet, the Daily Caller and was assaulted by NYPD officers while covering the OWS protests. Unfortunately for Lewandowski's insinuation, Fields wasn't the only person assaulted, Daily Caller photojournalist Direna Cousins was as well (as were several other members of the media in separate events) and more importantly, the incident was captured on video and I later found out, in still photos. Video of the incident can be viewed at the beginning of this interview: Fox News Freedom Watch (Andrew Napolitano) - NYPD Beating Reporters. More conclusive is this photo that was tweeted by Fields's boyfriend, Jamie Weinstein of the Daily Caller:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
[continued]

In a further attempt to establish a narrative of Fields as a lying attention seeker, Lewandowski dug up a story from Chuck Johnson's website, gotnews.

Here's the link from the tweet: BREAKING, EXCLUSIVE: Allen West Has Sexually Harassed At Least Two Women

The first thing that should stand out here is Lewandowski's use of gotnews as a source. To say that Chuck Johnson is controversial would be an understatement but more importantly, there were no other sources because Ms. Fields, who Lewandowski would have you believe is an "attention seeker" never gave any statements to the media about the alleged incident nor did she file charges or apparently sue. In fact, it looks to me as though she might have been looking out for her career in far-right journalism and possibly, the public image of Allen B. West (my bold):

Gotnews.com can independently confirm that conservative icon Allen West sexually harassed two different women at Pajamas Media using more than a dozen sources. West, who was fired from Pajamas Media, grabbed the breast of then 24-year-old, Michelle Fields in front of an elevator while the two of them were colleagues. Fields declined to be interviewed on record but three different sources at PJ Media confirmed this story. (Update: Fields repeatedly and emphatically refused comment on the record and asked that I change her earlier confirmation which I have now done.)

According to sources at PJ Media and some who have since left–the organization is apparently shutting down–West also undressed himself in front of communications professional Sarah Culvahouse Mills. Mills actually drafted the press release that led to West’s departure. Mills, who is married and the daughter of McCain lawyer A.B. Culvahouse Jr, reportedly sought therapy for the incident.

West, who is also married, has a string of women that Gotnews.com’s editor-in-chief Charles C. Johnson has tracked down over the past two years. His marital infidelity is an open secret in conservative circles but a taboo subject among conservative activists who point to his military record and (less vocally) his race as an asset to the conservative movement.

So the would-be "attention seeker" repeatedly and emphatically refused to comment on the record? The lies and baseless insinuations don't end with Corey. It appears that the Trump campaign as a whole has had a very difficult time being honest about this whole incident right up to the arrest of Lewandowksi. (my bold in both excerpts):

url=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/29/arrest-report-issued-for-trump-campaign-manager-corey-lewandowski-over-alleged-assault-of-ex-breitbart- reporter/]The Blaze[/url]:

“Mr. Lewandowski was issued a notice to appear and was given a court date,” spokeswoman Hope Hicks told TheBlaze. “He was not arrested. Mr. Lewandowski is absolutely innocent of this charge. He will enter a plea of not guilty and looks forward to his day in court. He is completely confident that he will be exonerated.”

The Atlantic:

And on Tuesday, police booked Lewandowski on misdemeanor battery charges. “He was arrested and released with a Notice to Appear,” said Officer Adam Brown, a spokesman for the Jupiter police. Images of the police report are circulating on Twitter:

edit on 2016-3-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So , twitter is your only source ? And Fox news ? Try verifying her "stories" on real news media sites.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Her story is a lie. it cannot be verified. Her ridiculous case is a waste of police time.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The police are grabbing her arms too !!!!

She was real popular that day.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That response makes so little sense that it's difficult to even respond to. Twitter is my only source for what? Tweets from Corey Lewandowski? Isn't that the best source for tweets?

Are you saying that Lewandowski didn't tweet those lies and disinformation?

a reply to: Ohanka

Nothing will ever be verified to your liking and that's fine with me. Thanks for dropping in and adding substance to the thread!

a reply to: xuenchen

The police are grabbing her arms too !!!! She was real popular that day.

Huh? That was a video from 2011. She wasn't even the only journalist being roughed up by the police.

I guess I don't get what you're playing at here? Are you saying that I'm wrong? If so, what am I wrong about exactly?

- That Lewandowski lied about having "never touched" Fields?
- That Lewandwoski was trying to smear Fields to discredit her afterward?
- That Holly Hicks lied about Lewandowski being arrested?

Keep denying ignorance my friend!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

While I admire the effort you've put into supporting Fields' position, I cannot support her status as a battered victim. Her initial claims of nearly being "pulled to the floor" proved inaccurate, and could only be propped up by co-worker Ben Shields. She works in a field where personal safety is sacrificed for the story, and when denied further access to Trump, Lewandowski intervened, and this is where the "battery" occurred. She "demanded an apology" from Trump's campaign manager, and when none was forthcoming, went down the path of being the unjustly aggrieved party.

Much has been made of this incident--way too much.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

She kinda looks like Jodie Arias in that pic. Creepy...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
UPDATE: Member of Trump's Secret Service detail confirms Fields touched Trump twice and was warned to stop, before Lewandowski intervened

Security Video: If a male reporter tried to claim this was 'battery', he'd be rightly mocked.

Talk about the "girl" who cried wolf. Your doing almost as good of a job of blowing this out of proportion as she did.

#CruzSexScandal is killing Cruz in the polls. The establishment is running scared so they are attempting to change the news cycle with nonsense assault charges against a member of the Trump campaign.

edit on 29-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well all I see is a person being grabbed and pulled by someone who is not, in any way, associated with law enforcement or security.

"If a male reporter tried to claim this was 'battery', he'd be rightly mocked."
If anyone, EVER, layed hands on me like they show in the videos they'd regret it. I don't give a crap if there "wasn't much of a bruise," or if she didn't get thrown to the ground, both videos show her being manhandled when he had no business touching her at all. We're all adults, we all know to keep our hands to ourselves.
edit on 29-3-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

The actual incident doesn't interest me that much. It was pretty apparent that he grabbed her. If the bruises she showed her employers and later the police were from the grab (and she doesn't have a medical condition) it was a bit of man handling. No, she wasn't beaten to a pulp. No, I don't believe his intention was to injure her. It is definitely something out of the ordinary that a campaign manager is putting his hands on reporters at all. Did she exaggerate the amount of stumbling? Maybe. If you look she was wearing high heels and she was yanked to a stop and it also seems like she might have been somewhat influenced by talking to Ben Terris in the seconds after the incident.

The witness, Ben Terris is a reporter for the Washington Post which leans more to the left and certainly doesn't have much in common with Ms. Field's previous employers (Daily Caller, PJMedia, Breitbart and occasionally Fox News). He was the first one to say "threw." Audio and Transcript at Politico:

Terris: “You OK?"
Fields: “Holy sh*t."
Terris: “Yea he just threw you."
Fields: “I can’t believe he just did that that was so hard. Was that Corey?"
Terris: “Yeah, like, what threat were you?"
Fields: "That was insane. You should have felt how hard he grabbed me. That's insane. I’ve never had anyone do that to me from a campaign."
Terris: “Can I put that in my story?"
Fields: “Yeah, go for it — that was really awful. That’s so unprofessional.”
Terris: “He really just almost threw you on the ground."

As you can see, Terris used "threw" twice and in fact said, "almost threw you on the ground." Memory is a very tricky thing. I suspect that she picked this up from him and she incorporated it into her account. This is the sort of detail that people can add unconsciously and then through repetition of "the story" are reinforced and become increasingly more dramatic than they actually were.

That said, the grab DID happen. He DID stop her in her tracks... and Lewandowski clearly lied about it and then went on to try to smear her via entirely disingenuous insinuations about her past. Breitbart started pushing the misidentification BS instead of standing by their reporter and not only did she quit but so did Ben Shapiro (who is a piece of s# imo but that's another issue altogether). That's the most interesting part of this to me. Maybe because it's so overtly sleazy and easily proven false?

If he had simply apologized, this wouldn't have been much more than a footnote but instead, an extraordinary denial campaign was launched. If they had said she was doing something that was a security concern (though notice, actual security didn't react) — which is the latest narrative from the Trump campaign — that might have been something. None of that happened. It was straight to denial and character attacks.

Much has been made of this incident--way too much.

I actually agree despite the fact that I'm guilty of having contributed to it myself (ugh)! I'm pretty much all talked out on it but I thought it was some disinformation I thought was worth documenting and I wanted to get it down while it was relevant to an ongoing discussion.
edit on 2016-3-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Well if it is true that Fields touched Trump twice and was warned to stop it would be recorded along with the recording of the incident and that would be shown in court as long as the guy has a decent attorney. If it isn't brought up then it is probably BS.

It is funny how in the video Lewandowski jumps in front of the secret service and the secret service looks as though he was oblivious to the whole thing. That isn't indicative of an agent that has supposedly just given two warnings.

First, they smeared her and denied then they claim she was warned and action was taken.

By denying any of it shows they are proven liars so the other claims are likely to be lies as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Anyways, this'll end up being something like 3rd or 4th degree assault, a misdemeanor, which will probably get him a night in jail, a fine and he might have to go to some anger management classes. I think the punishment fits the crime. Next time he'll probably think twice before trying to throw his weight around physically. That's what 4th degree assault charges are pretty much for, to remind people "You don't have the right to physically impose yourself on other people, even if you don't think it's a big deal."

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
How does she have such a tiny bruise? If she was grabbed as she states (which the video shows she clearly wasn't) why did the bruise decide to isolate itself to such a small area and not expand around her entire forearm/wrist.

It's pretty clear looking at the pic from 2011 she isn't being forced to the ground, but rather appears the officers are trying to keep her from falling.

Lady seems like a drama queen looking for her 15 minutes. I'm sure she has a future at Fox news now.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Imagine the bruises she had from the cops in that pic!

The bruises she showed from cory, looked old.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It honestly looks like she hit herself on the arm to make a bruise. You can see 4 distinct knuckle-sized points in the bruise.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I just watched a video on this and they are both lying.
Fields is an absolute attention seeker that has totally over exaggerated the situation for some strange exploitation that serves God knows what purpose and Lewandowski in one tweet which you have posted totally denied ever touching her which he cleary did in the video.
Fields said it's the second worse thing that has happened to her in her life after her father dieing which even if she has led the most Utopian puritan life ever lived on this Planet she is lying as the picture you posted shows an incident far worse than someone tugging on her arm in a rude manner.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Did you even look at the video ? This charge is a fabrication plan and simple. I am no Trump supporter but the media and Soros smear tactics are out of control and over the top. I believe they are having the opposite effect from those intended. It makes his supporters and fringe agnostics believe they are witnessing a media and establishment hit. And to what end? Ask yourself whose Oxen will be gored if he is elected. The alternative is the Hildebeast BOHICA express. Get ready and assume the position, as American citizens you know the drill.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I feel like we have discussed all of this already, what we should be discussing is #CruzSexScandal.

Here is that thread I was thinking of.

Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski, Arrested, Charged With Battery

If anyone thinks its OK to get between USSS agents and their client while in transit is sadly mistaken, she is lucky she didn't get slammed on the floor.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
June 20, 2016

Lewandowski has been fired.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join