It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski, Arrested, Charged With Battery

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: UKTruth

Agreed.
And Megyn Kelly owes Trump a big apology for enabling Fields and for using her as another tool to bash Trump unjustly.

She does - we'll see if her little chat with Trump has the effect of calming down her hate speech.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I think Fields should now apologise to all those women who are actually battered or assaulted

What purpose does that serve? Has then been any battered or assaulted women's group that has said they feel offended by her actions?

A defamation case is not going to work for her either.

I agree.

I also think the media should apologise for the smear campaign against Lewondowski and Trump around this.

Reporting on the issue is not automatically a smear campaign. It was talked about for a few days and then it became "back-burner" material.

Saying there was a smear campaign is just being dramatic.

Also, the overall idea of the media apologizing en masse is just absurd.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Agreed. Though frankly, she violated the prime directive of journalism when she made herself the center of the story.

In my opinion, she ought to be blackballed from the industry for a period of no less than 5 years, and during that time, she should only be offered jobs as a fact-checker (with heavy supervision), with a possible promotion to reporter on an actual domestic violence beat. She should have to cover real victims of actual violence. Hopefully, that will teach her a lesson.

Good idea - she is still young, but she needs to be taught a lesson in life very quickly before it is too late.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

My problem is they weren't reporting the news. The TV news-heads literally asked Trump to fire his campaign manager for 48 straight hours. Those are the people who need to pucker up, IMO.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Why don't you ask them to do so?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I think Fields should now apologise to all those women who are actually battered or assaulted

What purpose does that serve? Has then been any battered or assaulted women's group that has said they feel offended by her actions?

A defamation case is not going to work for her either.

I agree.

I also think the media should apologise for the smear campaign against Lewondowski and Trump around this.

Reporting on the issue is not automatically a smear campaign. It was talked about for a few days and then it became "back-burner" material.

Saying there was a smear campaign is just being dramatic.

Also, the overall idea of the media apologizing en masse is just absurd.

It was a smear campaign through an through.
The video never in any way matched the level of attacks against the Trump campaign as a whole. People like Megyn Kelly delighted in having this woman on, crying fake tears and calling it the second worst moment of her life. It was designed to push a war on women narrative, plain and simple.

That horrible little moron Ben Shapiro was on over and over again inflating this into an anti-trump campaign platform.

By the way it is now questionable whether the 'bruise' was even real. The arm bruised in the picture posted on twitter has a mole on it that Fields does not have. Bad news for her if that is true.

edit on 14/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

My problem is they weren't reporting the news. The TV news-heads literally asked Trump to fire his campaign manager for 48 straight hours. Those are the people who need to pucker up, IMO.

Exactly - sensationalism before the video was even released. I'd like to hear from Cruz on the subject too. He was, as usual, very quick to jump on the band wagon. I'd hate for him to have the nuclear codes with a hair trigger like that.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

We can agree to disagree. It was drug out for a few, but it became a non-issue pretty quick in the media.

By the way it is now questionable whether the 'bruise' was even real. The picture on the arm bruised in the picture posted on twitter has a mole on it that Fields does not have. Bad news for her if that is true.

Is someone investigating that aspect?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

We can agree to disagree. It was drug out for a few, but it became a non-issue pretty quick in the media.

By the way it is now questionable whether the 'bruise' was even real. The picture on the arm bruised in the picture posted on twitter has a mole on it that Fields does not have. Bad news for her if that is true.

Is someone investigating that aspect?

A few pics have been posted but not sure if it was part of the investigation. Suspect more will come out if Fields goes down the defamation route. She might - she seems to want the publicity, even negative, for her new book.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Has she been very active in the media and social media about this issue? What sort of publicity has she been pushing?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Has she been very active in the media and social media about this issue? What sort of publicity has she been pushing?

She is already back giving interviews about her defamation case.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Interesting. I'll have to take a look. I don't have cable and don't watch TV.

Post a link if you have one.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Interesting. I'll have to take a look. I don't have cable and don't watch TV.

Post a link if you have one.

She has been speaking to The Blaze and Megyn Kelly felt the need to report on the future case tonight too. Sad.
It can only be for publicity now.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Have you noticed how little of what they broadcast on Fox or CNN actually qualifies as "news?"

The formula seems to be: Hire one haircut to act outraged while 3 "celebrity" talking heads come on to spout their talking points, regardless of the "questions" asked.

Investigative journalism is dead. Fact checkers are laid off at the Denver Post. CNN sunk millions into a new interactive holo-map, and -- worse -- they don't even care if you call them on it.

They just keep right on truckin'.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Have you noticed how little of what they broadcast on Fox or CNN actually qualifies as "news?"

The formula seems to be: Hire one haircut to act outraged while 3 "celebrity" talking heads come on to spout their talking points, regardless of the "questions" asked.

Investigative journalism is dead. Fact checkers are laid off at the Denver Post. CNN sunk millions into a new interactive holo-map, and -- worse -- they don't even care if you call them on it.

They just keep right on truckin'.

That is about the sum of it. It's entertainment, not news.
The problem is that a lot of people then regurgitate this entertainment AS news.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MsAphrodite

I bet she didn't know that this extra video was available.
She originally thought she could get away with lying, but then had to back track over the first video release. She's been caught out again.

Given the additional video evidence, i think she needs to be charged.

I think there is quite a serious charge relating to breaking through secret service cover to get to a a presidential candidate. Not sure will have to look it up, but might even be a significant jail term.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This video tells us just how smart Mr Trump is.

First, he went on TV and back up his man. He did not back down. He did not cave in. He told all the MSM and anyone else they were wrong and he was vilified in the MSM and Social media. Then, when the time was right, he released the 'whole' tape.

WTF is the apology?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

This video tells us just how smart Mr Trump is.

First, he went on TV and back up his man. He did not back down. He did not cave in. He told all the MSM and anyone else they were wrong and he was vilified in the MSM and Social media. Then, when the time was right, he released the 'whole' tape.

WTF is the apology?

They tried to get Lewandowski to apologize and he said no - mainly because of the Fields never made any complaint, she went on twitter for publicity. Also, because its now proven the whole incident is her fault and she has been caught lying about how the events unfolded. Not just the extent of it, but also in her initial statement she said that Trump approached her for her question.

No doubt, Trump comes out of this very well.
edit on 16/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Monday, April 18, 2016

I heard it mentioned on the news tonight that one of Donald Trump's top campaign managers resigned. There's some kind of personnel shakeup occurring. Did Corey Lewandoski resign this evening?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join