It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski, Arrested, Charged With Battery

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I saw the article this morning. What a nice little bit of news to wake up to. I couldn't see a jury convicting him over something so silly, and it seems the prosecutor felt the same way.

I tell ya, she's going to have a hard time finding work if she goes through with the defamation suit, especially against Breitbart. No one will touch her with a ten foot pole!

Is she even working right now?

I think she wrote a book earlier this year and its being published in June (some insight as to why she is seeking fame by any means). Perhaps she sees herself as a writer now - hopefully no one will ever again employ her as a journalist.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Doesn't look like Michelle Fields is taking it so well - looks like some simple advice to Fields and those encouraging her to file a civil case.... it prompted Fields to lash out... maybe she will sue for a micro aggression against Greta?

Greta offers advice
edit on 14/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Can't fix stupid

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Where are all the ant-Trump shills this morning? They seem to be mighty quiet

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Where are all the ant-Trump shills this morning? They seem to be mighty quiet

Yes I noticed that too.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No kidding, it got to 20+ pages and a gabillion stars/flags, yet now it's dead.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Well, I could have told you this was all staged to control Trump's popularity. Of course he wasn't going to be prosecuted.

Much the same as Hillary's email server investigation -- all to control her popularity. It exists purely for Bernie's benefit. No way will Hillary be prosecuted either.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

It doesn't suit the ant-Trump agenda anymore, in fact quite the opposite, so not surprised to see the usual suspects missing.
I suspect if the rumours are wrong and he is prosecuted then they will be here in floods.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

edit on 4jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It doesn't suit the ant-Trump agenda anymore, in fact quite the opposite, so not surprised to see the usual suspects missing.
I suspect if the rumours are wrong and he is prosecuted then they will be here in floods.

I don't think it's just a rumor. Prosecutors called fields and basically said there'd be no legal prosecution.

"In response to the reports the charges would be dropped, Fields tweeted: "Prosecutor's office told me they would inform me of decision tomorrow. If reports true, guess they decided to leak to reporters first. Ugly."

"Earlier this week, the state attorney's office tried to broker a deal in which Lewandowski would agree to publicly apologize to Fields instead of facing prosecution, one source with knowledge of the situation said. While Fields agreed to the offer, it's not yet clear that Lewandowski did".
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: UKTruth

I don't think it's just a rumor. Prosecutors called fields and basically said there'd be no legal prosecution.

"In response to the reports the charges would be dropped, Fields tweeted: "Prosecutor's office told me they would inform me of decision tomorrow. If reports true, guess they decided to leak to reporters first. Ugly."

"Earlier this week, the state attorney's office tried to broker a deal in which Lewandowski would agree to publicly apologize to Fields instead of facing prosecution, one source with knowledge of the situation said. While Fields agreed to the offer, it's not yet clear that Lewandowski did".
www.cnn.com...

The announcement should be today - will be interesting to see what the wording is...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It is now official.

Charges have been dropped.

After reviewing the evidence in the case, the state attorney said he doesn't feel there is enough evidence to pursue criminal charges. He explained that while police are required to meet a "probably cause" threshold to make an arrest, prosecutors must believe they have a chance to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the battery occurred and get a conviction. "They acted well within their authority to investigate and make an independent charging decision. We agree that probable cause exists for the Jupiter Police Department to charge Mr. Lewandwoski in this case," Aronberg said. "Our standard is higher than probable cause. ... Although the facts support the allegation that Mr. Lewandowski did grab Ms. Fields' arm against her will, Mr. Lewandowski has a reasonable hypothesis of innocence"

It was viewed that Lewondowski had a 'reasonable hypothesis of innocence' that could not be disproved - in that he was acting in defence of Trump. That was his obvious defence, as has been discussed at length during this thread.

Trump comes out of this a strong leader, not prepared to put up with the SJW crap that infests society.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Trump stood up for his convictions and remained on the side of reason.
He repeatedly shows that he is not going to buckle under MSM manipulation.
A lesser candidate might have fired the guy immediately just because he was pushed to be PC, and because he thought it would get him votes.
Trump is a strong man. We need a president like him.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Trump stood up for his convictions and remained on the side of reason.
He repeatedly shows that he is not going to buckle under MSM manipulation.
A lesser candidate might have fired the guy immediately just because he was pushed to be PC, and because he thought it would get him votes.
Trump is a strong man. We need a president like him.

We all saw the spineless reaction of Ted Cruz - point scoring at the first sign of trouble.
It takes courage to go against the frothing media trying to crucify someone for political reasons - it seems it's only Trump that has that courage in the political arena.

Meanwhile, the absence of those that were so vocal in attacking Trump because of this is rather amusing !

I suspect they might pile in again to blame Trump if a bogus defamation case is brought!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Terrific outcome for Corey, but the damage is largely done.

I think the accuser here has a lot to answer for, as well as the media. This was a blatant smear-campaign against Trump to make him appear guilty by association. I have yet to hear a single pundit "walk-back" their demands (from weeks ago) that Trump fire his campaign manager.

Shady.
edit on 14-4-2016 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I read about this earlier. Interesting development.

Also read that the reporter has the ability to take this to civil court, though I don't see how much of a chance she will have if the authorities were not willing to charge him.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I read about this earlier. Interesting development.

Also read that the reporter has the ability to take this to civil court, though I don't see how much of a chance she will have if the authorities were not willing to charge him.

I think Fields should now apologise to all those women who are actually battered or assaulted. She might be able to salvage some sense of pride from that. A defamation case is not going to work for her either. Too many easy outs on that one.

I also think the media should apologise for the smear campaign against Lewondowski and Trump around this.

Respect for following up on this thread though

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Agreed.
And Megyn Kelly owes Trump a big apology for enabling Fields and for using her as another tool to bash Trump unjustly.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Agreed. Though frankly, she violated the prime directive of journalism when she made herself the center of the story.

In my opinion, she ought to be blackballed from the industry for a period of no less than 5 years, and during that time, she should only be offered jobs as a fact-checker (with heavy supervision), with a possible promotion to reporter on an actual domestic violence beat. She should have to cover real victims of actual violence. Hopefully, that will teach her a lesson.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join