It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski, Arrested, Charged With Battery

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Lewandowski's lawyer says he was protecting Donald Trump from Fields. There is a video with a freeze frame that shows Trump moving his arm away from her like he doesn't want her touching him. Lewandowski's lawyers will no doubt use that in defense of Corey's arm grab.

I can't seem to post the link, sorry. But there are several articles and youtube videos on it.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Lewandowski's lawyer says he was protecting Donald Trump from Fields. There is a video with a freeze frame that shows Trump moving his arm away from her like he doesn't want her touching him. Lewandowski's lawyers will no doubt use that in defense of Corey's arm grab.

I can't seem to post the link, sorry. But there are several articles and youtube videos on it.

If Lewondowski is believed that he was protecting Trump from danger (his perception) then there is no case.
I think this will be what the judge will decide on - as the fact he touched Fields is already clear.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If Lewondowski is believed that he was protecting Trump from danger (his perception) then there is no case.

How does his perception correlate with the actual law he is accused of violating? Is there a clause within the law that states "perception" is a determining factor?

Also, considering that there was a Secret Service agent within arms reach of the woman and he did not act on any perceived threat, such a defense may backfire on Lewondowski, or at least be ineffective.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if his lawyers are not trying to talk him in to a guilty plea. That will knock the charges down to almost a slap on the wrist compared to the potential consequences he faces.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

How does his perception correlate with the actual law he is accused of violating? Is there a clause within the law that states "perception" is a determining factor?

Also, considering that there was a Secret Service agent within arms reach of the woman and he did not act on any perceived threat, such a defense may backfire on Lewondowski, or at least be ineffective.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if his lawyers are not trying to talk him in to a guilty plea. That will knock the charges down to almost a slap on the wrist compared to the potential consequences he faces.

How? Well you said all they need is a suspicion.

They don't have to necessarily prove the bruises were created by this incident. All they need is reasonable suspicion.

She lied and got caught, besides, what makes you think the Trump camp will let themselves be bullied?

They will get her on the stand and tear her a new one.

She will be slinging mocha frappuccinos soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

There is indeed, in Florida law, a valid defence against simple battery based on the accused perception.
You have no knowledge on his motivations - he only needs convince a judge that he was acting in defense of Trump.
I addition, the fact secret service were there helps him, because there is, I believe, a further defense to simple battery relating to the aid of an authority in law.

I already posted the below on this thread:

Under Section 776.012, Florida Statutes (Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” Law), a person is justified in using non deadly force against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend another person (a third person) against the aggressor’s imminent use of unlawful force against that other person (third person). There is no duty to retreat.

Here is a list of the specific defenses valid for simple battery: the description above is a direct link from Defense of Others shown below.

Battery is one of the most defendable charges in all of criminal law. Some of the most common defenses include the following: Self-Defense;
Defense of Others;
Defense of Property;
Consent (touching not against alleged victim’s will); Mutual Combat;
Use of Force under Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law;
Accidental Touching;
Touching Incidental to Other Conduct not Aimed at Making Contact;
Other Factors or Motivations Showing Lack of Intent;
Lack of Evidence or Conflicts in the Evidence.

edit on 5/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

How? Well you said all they need is a suspicion.

How what? Be specific please.

She lied and got caught

She lied about what?

They will get her on the stand and tear her a new one.

She may not even have to testify.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

There is indeed, in Florida law, a valid defence against simple battery based on the accused perception.

Thanks for the information.

he only needs convince a judge that he was acting in defense of Trump.

That's obvious. What he actually needs to do is convince a judge that she posed a threat to justify the use of force. The problem is that there was a SS agent right behind her and did not perceive her as a threat. That is evident in that he took no action against her.

Do you think he will be able to convince a judge that his actions were appropriate in dealing with a member of the media that was only doing her job?

Better yet, do you really believe a judge will see that video and believe there was "imminent use of unlawful force" against Trump by the woman?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Thanks for the information.

he only needs convince a judge that he was acting in defense of Trump.

That's obvious. What he actually needs to do is convince a judge that she posed a threat to justify the use of force. The problem is that there was a SS agent right behind her and did not perceive her as a threat. That is evident in that he took no action against her.

Do you think he will be able to convince a judge that his actions were appropriate in dealing with a member of the media that was only doing her job?

Better yet, do you really believe a judge will see that video and believe there was "imminent use of unlawful force" against Trump by the woman?

It don't think it matters what the SS agent thought about it.

... a person is justified in using non deadly force against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend another person...

I guess that 'reasonable belief' may be questioned because the SS agent did nothing (although they did allegedly warn)... however there have been numerous death threats against Trump and one attempted attack we all saw.

Who knows if they will even use this defence, but it is a valid one under the law.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

We will just have to wait and see. My opinion is that that he will be found guilty in some form or fashion.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

We will just have to wait and see. My opinion is that that he will be found guilty in some form or fashion.

I am unsure - I think it will depend somewhat on how Trump is doing. Close to 1237 and I think there will be a guilty verdict. No chance of 1237, innocent.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I am unsure - I think it will depend somewhat on how Trump is doing. Close to 1237 and I think there will be a guilty verdict. No chance of 1237, innocent.

I doubt that.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Where exactly in that video does he grab her arm? His hand never touches her arm, it appears to always be on her side...

a reply to: introvert

If she doesn't testify she won't win.

Can you provide a still of the arm grab. I sure as heck can't see it.
edit on 13-4-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Breaking News:
Lewandowski will NOT be charged.

Trump campaign manager will not be prosecuted

A Florida prosecutor has decided not to prosecute Donald Trump’s campaign manager for battery after a March run-in with former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields, sources with knowledge of the situation told POLITICO.

The decision not to press charges against Corey Lewandowski is scheduled to be announced on Thursday afternoon by Palm Beach County State Attorney David Aronberg.

edit on 4/13/16 by BlueAjah because: added link

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Breaking News:
Lewandowski will NOT be charged.

Trump campaign manager will not be prosecuted

A Florida prosecutor has decided not to prosecute Donald Trump’s campaign manager for battery after a March run-in with former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields, sources with knowledge of the situation told POLITICO.

The decision not to press charges against Corey Lewandowski is scheduled to be announced on Thursday afternoon by Palm Beach County State Attorney David Aronberg.

Will wait to see if true, but if it is then I would like to see the media spend as much time covering this as they did smearing Lewondowski and the entire Trump campaign. I rather think that they will not cover it all though.

It would also be a big win for Trump - having stood firm in support of his employee against a spurious charge.

Also reading that the prosecutor may have considered the 'defence of others' legal defence against battery in his decision not to progress.

Announcement is due tomorrow...

...story has now been linked on Drudge
edit on 13/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

CNN

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Trump's spokeswoman Hope Hicks also issued a statement disputing the fact that Lewandowski, 42, was arrested, as was asserted in a police department statement.

"Mr. Lewandowski was issued a Notice to Appear and was given a court date," Trump's camp said in a statement. "He was not arrested. Mr. Lewandowski is absolutely innocent of this charge. He will enter a plea of not guilty and looks forward to his day in court. He is completely confident that he will be exonerated."

Breaking News at Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

He was Not Arrested , this article sounds like a typical Political Hit Piece .

Looks like the Trump Haters were Wrong after All .........

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Here is a rag for that egg. It's all over your face...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Lol, she is going to go after him in a civil suit for defamation.

WTF?! She accused HIM!

She better start practicing her, "want fries with that?"

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Lol, she is going to go after him in a civil suit for defamation.

WTF?! She accused HIM!

She better start practicing her, "want fries with that?"

Pretty amazing actually - this woman seems to have a screw loose.
Trump could have a major talking point over this. He stood up to what was a political attack, whilst Cruz jumped on the band wagon.

It's still just rumour though at the moment - I will wait for the announcement.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I saw the article this morning. What a nice little bit of news to wake up to. I couldn't see a jury convicting him over something so silly, and it seems the prosecutor felt the same way.

I tell ya, she's going to have a hard time finding work if she goes through with the defamation suit, especially against Breitbart. No one will touch her with a ten foot pole!

Is she even working right now?
edit on 14-4-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join