It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski, Arrested, Charged With Battery

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: texasgirl

Stumble? There is no mention of stumbling in the report.

Whether or not she lost balance it is hard to say, but according to the report the charges the police said there is probable cause to charge him simply based on the fact that he grabbed her. So the video seems to be enough.

May 4th he can enter his plea.

I was being polite. The police have the audio recording of Ben Terris saying, "yeah, he just threw you down!"

That's worse than stumbling because we know THAT didn't happen.
edit on 3-4-2016 by texasgirl because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Again, IF it is brought up in court that Lewondowski lied about saying he did not know her or touch her, he can refer to Fields earlier statement in which she falsely accuses him of a violent attack. Her lies and exaggerations can legitimately be used as a mitigation to any claim that he lied.

edit on 3/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

a reply to: texasgirl

Stumble? There is no mention of stumbling in the report.

Whether or not she lost balance it is hard to say, but according to the report the charges the police said there is probable cause to charge him simply based on the fact that he grabbed her. So the video seems to be enough.

May 4th he can enter his plea.

I was being polite. The police have the audio recording of Ben Terris saying, "yeah, he just threw you down!"

That's worse than stumbling because we know THAT didn't happen.

Yes, I watched the full interview. I thought Trump did really well and held his ground where he had to and conceded slightly where it was prudent to do so. I loved his points about nuclear capability in Japan, South Korea etc.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20562584]UKTruth[/po

edit on 3-4-2016 by texasgirl because: goofed

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That police report says Michelle made the statement that she "then turned around in reaction to having her arm grabbed, where she saw Ben Terris, a reporter for the Washington Post. Fields asked Terris if it was "Corey" who had grabbed her."

Ummm...Nowhere on that video does it show her asking Terris if it was Corey. He just pushed past her without acknowledging her.

The police report also stated that Michelle played a recording of their conversation that happened immediately after the incident. (Where Terris exclaimed that he "just threw you down!")

Ummm...No, again. This conversation did not happen immediately after the grab or we would've seen it on the video.

She lied to the police about that.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: UKTruth

I saw the video and stand by what I said.

They only quoted a snippet of the conversation. If they had quoted all of it pertaining to the incident Trump would look like a bumbling egomaniac.

The video is there to watch and Chris Wallace said exactly what it says he did in the transcript - it's already been reported in several places. It's clear he agrees that Michelle Fields 'completely misrepresented' the situation early on. I think most that read her statement and then watched the video would agree.

My point is that the MSM for the first time are actually admitting Trump is correct when he says that the initial statement was a lie.

I was watching CNN they had a judge on and he watched the video and said that isn't assault. And said obviously she had other motivations. There isn't a judge in the country that would convict based off her statement and then watching the video. She should have realized someone would be filming it before she made her claim. She just destroyed her career over this.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That police report says Michelle made the statement that she "then turned around in reaction to having her arm grabbed, where she saw Ben Terris, a reporter for the Washington Post. Fields asked Terris if it was "Corey" who had grabbed her."

Ummm...Nowhere on that video does it show her asking Terris if it was Corey. He just pushed past her without acknowledging her.

The police report also stated that Michelle played a recording of their conversation that happened immediately after the incident. (Where Terris exclaimed that he "just threw you down!")

Ummm...No, again. This conversation did not happen immediately after the grab or we would've seen it on the video.

She lied to the police about that.

It does seem like the recording could have happened well after.. the whole thing smacks of a coordinated effort. She has a new book coming out by the way - great publicity.
edit on 3/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Or... the attorneys might get the case dismissed before then.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

They only quoted a snippet of the conversation. If they had quoted all of it pertaining to the incident Trump would look like a bumbling egomaniac.

The video is there to watch and Chris Wallace said exactly what it says he did in the transcript - it's already been reported in several places. It's clear he agrees that Michelle Fields 'completely misrepresented' the situation early on. I think most that read her statement and then watched the video would agree.

My point is that the MSM for the first time are actually admitting Trump is correct when he says that the initial statement was a lie.

I was watching CNN they had a judge on and he watched the video and said that isn't assault. And said obviously she had other motivations. There isn't a judge in the country that would convict based off her statement and then watching the video. She should have realized someone would be filming it before she made her claim. She just destroyed her career over this.

Her statements are irrelevant and will play no role in this case. It will all hinge on that video.

I'm not a lawyer, but considering the police department was willing to pursue this, we may see him found liable.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Her statements are irrelevant and will play no role in this case. It will all hinge on that video.

I'm not a lawyer, but considering the police department was willing to pursue this, we may see him found liable.

Police have no choice in thr matter if she makes a claim they file the report. The police don't make judgements on if a claim is valid nor should they. That is decided by a judge all the police report will have is her claim as to the events that occurred. And we'll we see that wasn't exactly the truth was it?
edit on 4/3/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Police gave no choice in thr matter if she makes a claim they file the report. The police don't make judgements on if a claim is valid nor should they. That is decided by a judge all the police report will have is her claim as to the events that occurred. And we'll we see that wasn't exactly the truth was it?

She has also made two statements now - one online covering a detailed set of events that didn't happen and a different one to the police.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I smell desperation and fear about this BS.

What is this really about?

She is a "reporter" allegedly. She was never pulled/pushed away?

Do they have some form of immunity more than you or I?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

No, they do not have a special immunity.

What you have to understand is that it doesn't matter if she was pulled/pushed away. What matters is that the video clearly shows that he put his hands on her and the bruises on her arm were the result.

While we may find it silly that she is doing this, the laws are very specific and it is likely he may be found guilty of battery.

The same laws apply to domestic abuse and treatment of children.
edit on 4-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Let the courts decide this. Grabbing someone's arm to pull them away is now the standard? From the initial reporting it sounded like he tackled her to the ground. Next bumping into someone in a crowded hall will be a crime.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

No, they do not have a special immunity.

What you have to understand is that it doesn't matter if she was pulled/pushed away. What matters is that the video clearly shows that he put his hands on her and the bruises on her arm were the result.

While we may find it silly that she is doing this, the laws are very specific and it is likely he may be found guilty of battery.

The same laws apply to domestic abuse and treatment of children.

There is no evidence that the bruises were caused by this incident.
Agree on the rest - the law is very clear on what simple battery is.
It is, however, also clear on the legitimate defences against this charge under Florida law, which includes the use of force if the accused perceived physical danger to a 3rd party.

Could go either way in my view.

If it were just a court of public opinion then it would be thrown out, but once it reaches the courts they will go by the letter of the law, so I think it comes down to whether the judge accepts one of the Florida law defences to this charge is relevant or not. The fact that he touched her without her permission can not be a doubt from the video evidence.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

By reading the police report, it does appear that they correlate the bruising with a "grabbing type" injury.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

By reading the police report, it does appear that they correlate the bruising with a "grabbing type" injury.

She waited three days to file a police report. ANYONE could've put those bruises there.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

She waited three days to file a police report. ANYONE could've put those bruises there.

That in itself waiting three days will look mighty suspicious to a jury and or judge.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Or the bruises could have been caused by the grabbing of her arm, which can be witnessed in the available videos.

What is more likely: The bruises were caused by Lewandowski, or she had someone grab her in a similar fashion to create the bruising...so she could file a report against Lewandowski?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Or the bruises could have been caused by the grabbing of her arm, which can be witnessed in the available videos.

What is more likely: The bruises were caused by Lewandowski, or she had someone grab her in a similar fashion to create the bruising...so she could file a report against Lewandowski?

Given her history of assault claims and lying, it is just as likely she had someone else put those bruises there.

I mentioned in another thread a while back I had a friend who falsely filed an abuse charge against her husband. She created the bruises and marks herself. Thankfully, after an investigation, her husband was found innocent. She did it because he was divorcing her and wanted custody of their child.

So, yeah...It does happen. More often than you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join