It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski, Arrested, Charged With Battery

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

But anyway it is off topic - so will get back to this...

I believe it has been mentioned many times in this thread about how the media is biased in their coverage on this issue. Many are making it out to be some sort of conspiracy. I have yet to see anything to validate that claim. Seems to me people are creating a false narrative, for one purpose or another.

Given what happened at a recent Trump conference when an attacker got too close to him, is it any wonder that someone who gets that close to him and puts their hands on him will get pulled back?

That man is not comparable to the reporter. The media has access to candidates that the regular Joe does not. I don;t find the comparison applicable.
edit on 29-3-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That putting your hands on someone and pushing them about is not grounds for the nonsense charge. Lets have some consistency. Charge them all or none of them. As my post above says, in a security aspect, getting that close to Trump after all the death threats he has received is likely to result in a person getting pulled away.

Was she causing a disturbance? Was she a physical threat to Trump as a member of the media?

Ah, so not cognitive dissonance, but confirmation bias. I get it.

How is it confirmation bias to be honest and say that I can't tell what is going on from that video? I am not saying he is guilty or that she was completely innocent. What I said is that I am not willing to come to any conclusion because I do not know enough about what occurred.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

But anyway it is off topic - so will get back to this...

I believe it has been mentioned many times in this thread about how the media is biased in their coverage on this issue. Many are making it out to be some sort of conspiracy. I have yet to see anything to validate that claim. Seems to me people are creating a false narrative, for one purpose or another.

Given what happened at a recent Trump conference when an attacker got too close to him, is it any wonder that someone who gets that close to him and puts their hands on him will get pulled back?

That man is not comparable to the reporter. The media has access to candidate that the regular Joe does not. I don;t find the comparison applicable.

But how would security know that a person making a beeline for Trump was not up to no good?
You don't have to rush at someone screaming at them to be a danger.

If what Katrina Pierson said is true and Lewondowski is also on security detail then I see this being another victory for Trump's campaign.
edit on 29/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That putting your hands on someone and pushing them about is not grounds for the nonsense charge. Lets have some consistency. Charge them all or none of them. As my post above says, in a security aspect, getting that close to Trump after all the death threats he has received is likely to result in a person getting pulled away.

Was she causing a disturbance? Was she a physical threat to Trump as a member of the media?

Ah, so not cognitive dissonance, but confirmation bias. I get it.

How is it confirmation bias to be honest and say that I can't tell what is going on from that video? I am not saying he is guilty or that she was completely innocent. What I said is that I am not willing to come to any conclusion because I do not know enough about what occurred.

As I said - I dont think security can be that narrow in what they consider to be a threat. Lewondowski says he did not know her.

You are right on the confirmation bias point - reread your posts, so I take it back.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

But how would security know that a person making a beeline for Trump was not up to no good?

If she had the proper media credentials and not in a rush, wouldn't they assume she was there to do her job?

Wasn't that what she was doing when this incident occurred?

Edit:

If what Katrina Pierson said is true and Lewondowski is also on security detail then I see this being another victory for Trump's campaign.

Could be. I don't know. My entire point in my first post was to highlight the cognitive dissonance we are seeing on this issue. People's approach to such matters sure do change depending on which side may be at fault.

It's very obvious and quite sad.
edit on 29-3-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: BIGPoJo

According to FL state law, Trump can charge her with simple battery.

Of course you won't have any problem posting the law you a referring to, right?

Sure let me do the work of typing into Google for you.

The crime of Simple Battery or Misdemeanor Battery is defined under Section 784.03, Florida Statutes. In Florida, the term battery means: Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person's will (non-consensual), or. The intentional causing of bodily harm to another person.

The look on his face says "stop touching me".

Surely he must be traumatized after such a violent and horrific incident? He may need to take some time off. This hooligan of a woman deserves to be locked up for her war against men.

Is Trump in this thread stealing my ideas lol?

Tweet from Trump

What is in her hand?

That is a Pen. People with normal size hands use pens to write stuff..

(Stolen from twitter where someone responded to Trump's identical question)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Remember this?

The Gerald Ford assassination attempt in Sacramento was a September 5, 1975, effort by Charles Manson Family cult member Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme to kill U.S. President Gerald Ford in California. She wanted to make a statement to people who refused to halt environmental pollution and its effects on Air, Trees, Water, and Animals (ATWA). Although Fromme stood a little more than an arm's length from Ford that Friday morning and pointed a M1911 pistol at him in the public grounds of the California State Capitol building, her gun failed to fire

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: BIGPoJo

According to FL state law, Trump can charge her with simple battery.

Of course you won't have any problem posting the law you a referring to, right?

Sure let me do the work of typing into Google for you.

The crime of Simple Battery or Misdemeanor Battery is defined under Section 784.03, Florida Statutes. In Florida, the term battery means: Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person's will (non-consensual), or. The intentional causing of bodily harm to another person.

The look on his face says "stop touching me".

Surely he must be traumatized after such a violent and horrific incident? He may need to take some time off. This hooligan of a woman deserves to be locked up for her war against men.

Is Trump in this thread stealing my ideas lol?

Tweet from Trump

What is in her hand?

That is a Pen. People with normal size hands use pens to write stuff..

(Stolen from twitter where someone responded to Trump's identical question)

I was just quoting the twitter quote.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: interupt42

Here's the transcript of the audio that was captured on which you hear the question being asked by Fields about Affirmative Action:

Fields: “Mr. Trump, you went after the late Scalia for affirmative action, do you -- are you still against affirmative action?"

Voice (allegedly Corey Lewandowski): “Excuse me, thank you.”
A few moments later (noise of the room can be heard)...

Terris: “You OK?"
Fields: “Holy sh*t."
Terris: “Yea he just threw you."
Fields: “I can’t believe he just did that that was so hard. Was that Corey?"
Terris: “Yeah, like, what threat were you?"
Fields: "That was insane. You should have felt how hard he grabbed me. That's insane. I’ve never had anyone do that to me from a campaign."
Terris: “Can I put that in my story?"
Fields: “Yeah, go for it — that was really awful. That’s so unprofessional.”
Terris: “He really just almost threw you on the ground."
Fields: “He literally went like this and was grabbing me down. "I don’t even want to do what he just did to me. Oh my God, that really spooked me that someone would do that."
Terris: “What threat were you?" Fields: “Nothing. I was asking about affirmative action."
Terris: “And he probably knows you, right?" Fields: “Yeah, I don’t understand. That looks horrible. You’re going after a Breitbart reporter, the people who are nicest to you?"
Terris: “I know, I’m going to put it in my story."

Assuming the bruises on her arm came from the incident, he grabbed the s# out of her arm. According to Fields this is what happened afterwards:

I didn’t want to do it. After this had happened, I called my editor, [Matthew Boyle]. I told him what had happened. I didn’t want to file a police report. I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it because, you know, I didn’t want to be all over the press, and I certainly was worried about my job. What would happen if I went to the police?

I told my editor, and he called Corey and he spoke to him, and Corey said that he did it. He did not deny it. He said that he didn’t realize that I was a Breitbart reporter. Hope Hicks, who is Donald Trump’s spokeswoman, asked for my cell phone number, and I was told that I was going to get an apology. So I waited on that. I didn’t want to make a big deal — this wasn’t going to be a big deal. They were going to apologize; we were going to move on.

I never got that apology. Instead, yesterday, they released a statement calling me a liar. They have basically done a character assassination on me. They are linking to blogs with conspiracies about me. They’re not telling the truth. There’s videos, there’s pictures, there’s an eyewitness of a Washington Post reporter who is very credible. They seem to not understand that. Their statements continue to say there’s no eyewitnesses, there’s no pictures, there’s no videos. They continue to lie.

What I do know is that thus far, the only person who has been definitely demonstrated to be lying about this is Corey Lewandowski. Is this story being made a bigger deal than it should be? Sure but isn't everything this election a little more sensationalized than the the normal level of sensationalism? We've got twitter battles, feuds with the media, National Enquirer stories, etc.

That conversation sounds so weird to me. When did they say this? As I'm watching the video Ben Terris brushes past Michelle after the incident and doesn't look too concerned for her at that point and time. There's no time for that long conversation to happen immediately after the grabbing.

So weird.

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Your point?

This is just a pen as well.

link   
Folks,
There are a whole lot of accusations being thrown around here about "lying" toward both sides of this story.
Please understand something. Neither side has been shown to be "lying". What has been demonstrated is that an incident happened and it did not happen the way the either side explained it happened.
Lying implies an intent to deceive. No intent has been demonstrated at this point for either side of this to deceive.
What we have is a very minor incident that was blown out of proportion, an incident that was recalled through the mirror of different perceptions.
To call this assault is a clear inflation and expansion of the word. It is a disservice to anyone who has actually been assaulted. To put this women's claim on the same level as a women who actually faced a real threat of physical harm is an insult to actual victims.
It is clear to me that the campaign manager had no intention to harm Mrs Fields he simply wanted her separate from his candidate. He placed himself physically between Trump and the reporter. In the process he may or may not have bruised her arm.
This was nothing more than that. Everyone is trying to blow this up into some statement on the mindset of Trump or his supporters. Someone saying this is the 4th women to be "assaulted" by the Trump campaign? What fantasy world are you living in?
Real assaults on men and women are happening everyday. Criminal violations of person that deserve to be prosecuted. This is a waste oi time, a waste of taxpayer money and needlessly tying up of court docket.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If she was a security threat and Corey Lewandowski grabbed her (not any of the actual security people) then why did he deny it even happened? Why did this latest spin just appear out of nowhere today?

Because they all wear earbuds. Truman Show.
Fake.

edit on 3/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: I would LOVE to go to Fiji, though. I felt Truman's pain all the way.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The audio transcript doesn't really close the deal for me.

Terris: “And he probably knows you, right?"
Fields: “Yeah, I don’t understand

I found that part interesting with a pinch of bias and agenda from both reporters in trying to nail Trump. I only wish they were so blatant during the actual interviews when questioning all politicians.

What I do know is that thus far, the only person who has been definitely demonstrated to be lying about this is Corey Lewandowski.

I'm not so sure about that based on the video. She said she almost fell but that video shows a different case? Perhaps their is a better video with a better angle?

However, I also find the comments she made very interesting which makes more skeptical on the truth of the matter.

They were going to apologize; we were going to move on.

I didn’t want to make a big deal

So its not the assault that caused her to prosecute , but rather because she got her feelings hurt that he didnt apologize? LOL This has frivolous written all over it.

Like I said their is plenty of real things to distrust and dislike trump . This doesn't appear to be one of them.

I will hold off my judgement until more info is released, but for now I see BS on both sides.
edit on 04331America/ChicagoTue, 29 Mar 2016 16:04:56 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: MysticPearl

Second, Fields touched Trump first, not once but twice. Walk up to any big name politician or celebrity or athlete with security detail and they too will warn you first, then pull you away. Why does Fields think the rules don't apply to her?

Wow straight off the Trump twitter feed — new excuses for the fanboys!

If she was a security threat and Corey Lewandowski grabbed her (not any of the actual security people) then why did he deny it even happened? Why did this latest spin just appear out of nowhere today?

Yes, more excuses.

Remember Fields stating she was "thrown to the ground"?

Yeah...about that.

What's worse, not knowing whom you touched when working security in crowds of thousands, day after day, or completely fabricating a story about getting thrown to the ground then, after touching Trump twice, claiming you were a victim of battery when there's not a single drop of evidence she was?

The anti-Trump crowd is now running of fumes. Sad to watch.
edit on 29-3-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yeah...about that.

Yeah

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I just don't understand how Terris and Fields can exclaim to each other that he "threw her down" when Terris, himself, blows right past Michelle without even stopping her to see if she's okay. In the OP video it seems he has no clue she was assaulted.

That conversation they had feels made up to concoct a story of assault and grab headlines.
edit on 29-3-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda

That qualifies as assault?

I saw it on a news break/update as well?

What am I missing?

No, it is a battery. An assault is the threat to batter.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Trump has just spoken about this - he is backing up Lewondowski 100% and made it clear he doesn't care if it hurts him politically.
He also said if the video had shown anything like the original claim he would have sacked Lewondowski on the spot.

It will be decided in court, but just looking at the full video (not the frame grab video shown by MSM) it's pretty clear there is nothing to this. I think Trump is going to come out of it looking like a man pf principal that backed up his innocent employee.
edit on 29/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Second, Fields touched Trump first, not once but twice. Walk up to any big name politician or celebrity or athlete with security detail and they too will warn you first, then pull you away. Why does Fields think the rules don't apply to her?

Wow straight off the Trump twitter feed — new excuses for the fanboys!

Yes, more excuses.

Yeah...about that.

What's worse, not knowing whom you touched when working security in crowds of thousands, day after day, or completely fabricating a story about getting thrown to the ground then, after touching Trump twice, claiming you were a victim of battery when there's not a single drop of evidence she was?

The anti-Trump crowd is now running of fumes. Sad to watch.

Fumes is right - almost out of gas it would seem.
I am simply amazed that having been in the public eye for nearly 40 years there is nothing they can do to take Trump down. There are lots of generalisations (i.e. sexism with no evidence) but people are smart enough to see through it or so it seems at the moment. Unless they find something real they are not going to stop him.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I think Trump is going to come out of it looking like a man pf principal that backed up his innocent employee.

Considering that the police were willing to file those charges, it's also possible that he may be found guilty. Who knows at this point?

Anyway, if he is found innocent and that makes Trump look like a man of principle, what will Trump look like if he is found guilty?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join