It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The F-Bomb Is Diffused

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You dirty offspring of a prolapsed mongoose! Gutless bag of sticky doorknobs!

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
You dirty offspring of a prolapsed mongoose! Gutless bag of sticky doorknobs!

I actually have the term, "sticky doorknobs" on my resume'.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
OMG, this thread cracked me up!

It's weird, but some people can swear and it doesn't really sound bad, sometimes it's even comical, yet others sound like low lives.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Today, the "F bomb" is used in a sentence as often as the word "the." A lot of times it doesn't even make sense when people use it. For example... "that was crazy as f***!" What?

I just think the word is used way too often in public. People who use it in public settings don't have any consideration for people around them that take offense to it or have children present. It may just be a word, but it has an extreme offensive connotation associated with it.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Its annoying when you talk to people who cannot say once sentence without inserting the F word into it ,mainly teenagers ,but also adults that never want to grow up, and think it gives themselves some kind of self machismo and the more they use it ,the more ''manly '' they are ,trouble is hearing it constantly makes it hard not to come out with it inadvertently when something annoys you ,when i was in South Africa TV stations always block it out , in Movies etc and you rarely heard the word there at all, compared to countries like Australia etc ,there are so many other adjectives in the English language that are neglected because of this One Word ..............

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It may just be a word, but it has an extreme offensive connotation associated with it.

Especially when they tack on Mother to it.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Oh, really. In what context?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You suppurating sack of half congealed pus. Oh yeah that one's tasty. How about this: Illegitimate offspring of a 90's boy band.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Caution language.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-3-2016 by randomtangentsrme because: link

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I like the Battlestar galáctica method. FRACK

BUT

there is no substitute.

I hope you drown in a vat of boiling piss. Thats ok.

May your children ever reek of the stench of a thousand camels.

You globalist.

edit on 3 29 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
A friend of mine once confused the driver of a car that cut him off in traffic with a truly Shakespearean insult:

"Forsooth! Though art a beggar and a knave!"

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Some of us older folks cringe at the word when it is used in a public setting or by the very young. Call us elitists if you wish, we see the word--which is useful in several situations--as the lack of the speaker to have a suitable vocabulary with which to express themselves. So they resort to a manner of being "cool" with an shock word that has lost its value to shock but not to be simply vulgar.

As an older American, I can remember being puzzled back when the use of the word "bloody" by the English was considered a word that only men at war or a very lowly commoner would use. Even at that, it had no direct connotation to what was at hand, but it helped get the point across. But the f-word today has no sting, no value, just a vulgarity that must be ignored as it is used increasingly by the younger generations across the world. It is a non-descriptive word usually uttered by those that have a limited education and lack of an ability to adequately express themselves in a meaningful way.

You see, that is the kicker, the proper use of a word like that, as I explained with the old use of the word "bloody," is to add emphasis. So like "bloody" the F-word now lacks any substance of direct or indirect communication of intensity between people except, more often than not these days, to fill an otherwise vacuous thought with the interjection of questionable substance.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Lol, I laughed my f##king a$$ off watching that clip! Oops.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
'Hillary Clinton'.

Possibly the worst thing you could call someone.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
i like trying to make my youngest son laugh with fake bad words. You can often come up with a fake word that sounds more vulgar than anything that is a real word. And make teenage boys laugh, which really does indicate its the height of comedy. Flerping bustard, for example.

Mixing up the first letters always gets a laugh, too. Like that time the wife pulled into the park, and parked in the middle of a mucking pud fuddle. You just rattle that off without any pause or errors, it always gets a quick double take then a chuckle.

Used to have a coach that used creative verbiage in place of swearing. "You stand in the road and bellow for buttermilk, if that blocking im a chinese aviator and I can't even fly a kite. You make my butt want to suck a lemon. I bet if we made you block for your lunch you'd weigh about 10 lbs." As an example of a tirade he would go off on.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Thanks for linking this. I was going to, if it hadn't been done already.

My curse phrase of choice is "creeping ficus"- also known as creeping fig, related to the mulberry plant. It has a nice ring to it!
edit on 29-3-2016 by chelsdh because: Effin autocorrect!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"You're mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!!"

Yeah. How'dya like me now?

I also like to say, "furkin durkey' when I'm upset.

jacy

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Oh yeah, made up cockney swear words are fantastic.

Flurkin' Bumblesnoosh!
Blarby Farker!

Using words that are close in sound is a bit more risky, but usually works if you just want to alleviate guilt while alone

Gall Domned Murvin Flarker

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Martha Focker

Usually used amongst children, parents, and Mormons. Origin-"Meet the Parents"

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I get really bored with movies that have the F-bomb constantly in every sentence. I sometimes get so distracted I start counting the F-bombs and totally lose track of the plot. And I imagine the movie script being half as long if all the F-bombs were deleted.

I find constant F-bombing in movies a sign of lazy, uncreative screenplay authorship!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join