It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgiven!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: newnature1

Israel’s promised kingdom was right at their doorstep, right within their grasp, but that promised program was put on hold.

Are you saying that if Jesus had been accepted as The Messiah by 1st century temple leaders the world would be like Heaven on Earth today?

Gosh darn those Jews! Coulda, woulda, shoulda!

edit on 28-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

those who ask forgiveness, dont need it. those who need it, wont ask.

The issue is not our sins today, most people think sin is the issue, so they are looking for ways to keep short accounts. The issue is: In order to dwell with God in eternity future; we have to be as righteous as God, his justice will not allow nothing other, and until you believe what happened to the sin debt Christ died for concerning yourself, you are not placed into Christ.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Please, consider all possibilities. Especially those unwritten by others. Peace.

Ministers of righteousness want to keep sin an issue, that is what religion is all about.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

NO, man. I'm no christian. I wouldn't know a scripture if it bit me.

I have no fear. That sets me apart from salvation seekers.

Then you are still in Adam, Adam in rebellion. Not good to be found in Adam, Adam in rebellion after this age of grace is over with. Not good to die during this age of grace still in Adam, Adam in rebellion.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Israel’s promised kingdom was right at their doorstep, right within their grasp, but that promised program was put on hold.

Are you saying that if Jesus had been accepted as The Messiah by 1st century temple leaders the world would be like Heaven on Earth today?

Gosh darn those Jews! Coulda, woulda, shoulda!

But they have to serve that seven years tribulation first as punishment under their law contract.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

But they have to serve that seven years tribulation first as punishment under their law contract.

Even if they would have recognized Jesus as their Messiah?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: newnature1

The issue is not our sins today, most people think sin is the issue, so they are looking for ways to keep short accounts. The issue is: In order to dwell with God in eternity future; we have to be as righteous as God, his justice will not allow nothing other, and until you believe what happened to the sin debt Christ died for concerning yourself, you are not placed into Christ.

righteous...that has always struck me as a pretentious word, like greed masquerading as ambition or cruelty hiding behind discipline. it justifies the unjustifiable and lends credibility by virtue of conviction. its a confidence ploy, an intimidation tactic, and ultimately, an excuse.
edit on 28-3-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Even if they would have recognized Jesus as their Messiah?

Yes, Israel owes that seven years tribulation and they will serve that seven years as a punishment under the law contract.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

righteous...that has always struck me as a pretentious word, like greed masquerading as ambition or cruelty hiding behind discipline. it justifies the unjustifiable and lends credibility by virtue of conviction. its a confidence ploy, an intimidation tactic, and ultimately, an excuse.

You have been watching the religiously mind people doing their religion. Everything you said is what religion is all about.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You have been watching the religiously mind people doing their religion. Everything you said is what religion is all about.

a gentleman approached me recently with a story about his decline into chemical dependence and eventual "awakening". his solution to chemical dependence? psychological dependence. switching out the bottle for a teddy bear, one crutch for another. and he will lean...

but yes, your unoriginal sales pitch was aimed for slap chop and landed more around the shake weight in terms of appeal and practicality.
edit on 28-3-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a gentleman approached me recently with a story about his decline into chemical dependence and eventual "awakening". his solution to chemical dependence? psychological dependence. switching out the bottle for a teddy bear, one crutch for another. and he will lean...

No need for a crutch with this, it has been accomplished. But none of us measure up to the perfection of God, and the only reason God could say through Paul, “Grace and Peace be unto you” is because his son fully paid the price. We all are switching our bottles around.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Every sin we have

Sorry, I opt out of this. No sin for me, thanks.

Your sin will never be held against you, you are forgiven in God's mind during this age of grace. It's not an issue of sin, it's a son issue.

It's only a son issue if you have become a Son by adoption in the God family.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

Every sin we have

Sorry, I opt out of this. No sin for me, thanks.

Your sin will never be held against you, you are forgiven in God's mind during this age of grace. It's not an issue of sin, it's a son issue.

It's only a son issue if you have become a Son by adoption in the God family.

There are those who mistakenly suppose that reconciliation is the same thing as justification. These people have jumped to the conclusion that Jesus Christ taking the sin issue off the table of God’s justice through his becoming sin for the human race is that which makes a person as righteous as God; they have mistaken reconciliation for justification.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Not good to die during this age of grace still in Adam, Adam in rebellion.

There is no death, just change. Peace, man, I rest.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'm pretty sure that if the accounts of Jesus' miracles and resurrection were actually truth and not myth then all the leaders at the time would have accepted him. But the evidence or lack thereof shows otherwise.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

What can one do about it?
That's the way the power structure of Earth has been built, otherwise no powerful or powerless. Two to Tango and whatnot.
Our CREATOR had nothing to do with it, IMHO. Peace, Beloved.

Every sin we have or ever will commit was put on Jesus Christ, but how many people in the world miss it, because they think God is still looking at them and judging them and evaluating them on the bases of their performance.

So, you are saying that we can all 'sin' with impunity?
I mean all the little warnings and carrots and sticks aside, if that is the be all and end all, you are giving us all a free pass to "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law!" - Aliester Crowley and Jesus Christ?

edit on 29-3-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

That's the way the power structure of Earth has been built, otherwise no powerful or powerless. Two to Tango and whatnot.

Every sin we have or ever will commit was put on Jesus Christ, but how many people in the world miss it, because they think God is still looking at them and judging them and evaluating them on the bases of their performance.

I mean all the little warnings and carrots and sticks aside, if that is the be all and end all, you are giving us all a free pass to "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law!" - Aliester Crowley and Jesus Christ?

When we trusted Christ as our Savior, something happened that took place outside the realm of our sensation, outside the realm of our feeling. This is commonly taught in the hallways of religion, that a person must make a decision to serve, in order to get God to make the decision to save. 

Some would say to repent, means to have Godly sorrow, others would say that to repent, means to turn around and go the other direction, sin no more. Repent simply means, a change of mind, a change of thinking, Israel was continually being called upon to repent, to change their thinking, they were trusting in themselves. 

God did not give Israel a law they could keep, he gave them a law impossible for those with a the moral choice of good and bad to obey perfectly, in order to teach them their need of a Savior. We certainly can make some choices in our lives, due to who God’s made us to be by joining us to his son.

Those of us who are bent on satisfying the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life fall into a snare, in that we become addicted to the manner in which we satisfy those lusts. Paul does not talk about God pushing a bad button and having something bad happen to us or God taking our life. 

Paul does talk about when we pursue the satisfaction of the sinful lusts of the flesh, it is not ruination God is bringing on sinful believers, but ruination sinning believers are bringing upon themselves. 

Unbelievers and believers alike can make choices, Paul is calling on the saved saints, saved and sealed saints to make a decision, to make righteousness the choice of their service. Since God’s power from on high indwells every believer, his power can indeed be grieved when the conduct of believers is contrary to their new identity in the Savior. 

We did not gain our new identity in Christ by being good, but rather by believing on what God accomplished, he justifies the ungodly. God counts the faith of the one who agrees with him as to the reality of their own unworthiness, and the fact that they must be justified by God’s gift decree, God counts that person’s faith as being that person’s righteousness. 

God had to do for us, what we could never do for ourselves. Our former identity with Adam, that identity is no longer true of believers, but the moral choice of good and bad is ever present. 

While God’s power from on high cannot depart, it can certainly be grieved, God placed it within every believer for the express purpose of guaranteeing those believers an inheritance in heaven, it is God’s guarantee that God will keep his promise.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

When we trusted Christ as our Savior, something happened that took place outside the realm of our sensation, outside the realm of our feeling. This is commonly taught in the hallways of religion, that a person must make a decision to serve, in order to get God to make the decision to save.... 

God had to do for us, what we could never do for ourselves. Our former identity with Adam, that identity is no longer true of believers, but the moral choice of good and bad is ever present. 

While God’s power from on high cannot depart, it can certainly be grieved, God placed it within every believer for the express purpose of guaranteeing those believers an inheritance in heaven, it is God’s guarantee that God will keep his promise.

You do a lot of quoting 'Paul'
Are you a 'Paulian' or a Xtian?
You quote Paul all over and nothing of Jesus.
And you did not answer my question.

And there is no 'choice', no 'free-will'!
We act and think and speak in exact accord with who and what we are, at the moment!

You seem to be putting limits and conditions on Jesus' unconditional Love?
(Paul is irrelevant!)
He only 'saved' those who 'believe' in him?
Conditions?

No one, by taking thought, can 'change' their thoughts!
How old are you?

I repeat, for a simple yes or no (feel free to 'splain' after);
"So, you are saying that we can all 'sin' with impunity?
I mean all the little warnings and carrots and sticks aside, if that is the be all and end all, you are giving us all a free pass to "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law!" - Aliester Crowley and Jesus Christ?"
Does the 'believer's' 'works' matter?
Can you 'work' yourself out of salvation?

As for the 'original sin/forbidden' fruit of 'morality';

From a religious Perspective (and a dictionary), 'morality' is judging people/stuff as 'good' or 'bad/evil'!

This is exact manifestation of the stolen Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (Sin of Pride/judgment) in the Garden!

As a Xtian (or any other religion), we are warned against 'judging' others;
"Judge not lest you be judged!"
Such judgment (good/evil) is the sin of 'pride'!
'Pride' is the only sin (from which all others spring), yet the hypocrites flaunt their practices, joyfully, proudly, in the face of their god!

You are told that;
"If you judge, judge with righteous judgment!"
Yet goes on to say that;
"None are righteous, no not one!"

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

When we trusted Christ as our Savior, something happened that took place outside the realm of our sensation, outside the realm of our feeling. This is commonly taught in the hallways of religion, that a person must make a decision to serve, in order to get God to make the decision to save.... 

You do a lot of quoting 'Paul'
Are you a 'Paulian' or a Xtian?
You quote Paul all over and nothing of Jesus.
And you did not answer my question.

And there is no 'choice', no 'free-will'!
We act and think and speak in exact accord with who and what we are, at the moment!

You seem to be putting limits and conditions on Jesus' unconditional Love?
(Paul is irrelevant!)
He only 'saved' those who 'believe' in him?
Conditions?

No one, by taking thought, can 'change' their thoughts!
How old are you?

I repeat, for a simple yes or no (feel free to 'splain' after);
"So, you are saying that we can all 'sin' with impunity?
I mean all the little warnings and carrots and sticks aside, if that is the be all and end all, you are giving us all a free pass to "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law!" - Aliester Crowley and Jesus Christ?"
Does the 'believer's' 'works' matter?
Can you 'work' yourself out of salvation?

As for the 'original sin/forbidden' fruit of 'morality';

From a religious Perspective (and a dictionary), 'morality' is judging people/stuff as 'good' or 'bad/evil'!

This is exact manifestation of the stolen Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (Sin of Pride/judgment) in the Garden!

As a Xtian (or any other religion), we are warned against 'judging' others;
"Judge not lest you be judged!"
Such judgment (good/evil) is the sin of 'pride'!
'Pride' is the only sin (from which all others spring), yet the hypocrites flaunt their practices, joyfully, proudly, in the face of their god!

You are told that;
"If you judge, judge with righteous judgment!"
Yet goes on to say that;
"None are righteous, no not one!"

There will be a requirement to escape the judgment of God, and it will not be by anything that we do. We must be justified on the basis of believing in what Christ has already done on our behalf, but unless we qualify what believing in God means, our belief in God will do us absolutely no good! 

For anyone to think they are just before God through their performance, to think that they have perfected themselves with God through their behavior proves that they are a liar, and the truth is not in them. 

All people are wrath-worthy, there is none good, no not even one, we have all gone out of the way, we all are continually coming short of the righteousness of God himself, and therefore we are in need of a justification that will come totally apart from anything that we do. God has kept the fingerprints of the guilt-worthy off the the righteousness he designed for the guilt-worthy! 

Religion continues to make sin the issue, and then gives people a way to take care of that problem. How many have grown up with the idea that God has to make a decision whether or not to forgive us for our sins? God has not held back his wrath because he is happy with who we think we are, or because he is satisfied with who we are trying to become. 

God has been long-suffering in holding back his wrath because he hopes that we will consider his goodness through what his son accomplished for us and flee to his grace. God wants us to change our mind about who we are from a fleshly perspective apart from Christ.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks...
I always do this one thing and ask for forgiveness afterwards when I'm done.
Maybe it's time to stop doing that thing and give thanks for forgiveness.........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join