It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - I noticed something or was tricked

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Last night I made an insult on a thread in reply to an insult the OP made about Bernie supporters. I shouldn't have as it's against ToS but that is all beside the point.

After I made my comment to the OP I had noticed I was the third reply right below another comment that wasn't really adding to the thread. I didn't like the OP's support of Hilary so I looked at the OP's thread titles to see what he/she was a bout even just a little. Looking at the OP's threads left me with identifiers which to me help solidify something happened to the OP last night. I distinctly remember the OP's thread being in the OP's thread's category on his profile page, I remember the two topics I saw under the OP and after light reading of the OP's other threads I logged for the night. I logged back on and the OP has a new creator, the insult in which i replied is removed from the thread with no edit on the page at all. The original OP's threads have changed and no longer show the thread above the 2 identifier threads. So i'm sitting here confused. Is this ATS manipulation, flawed page code or just me going crazy?

I took 15-20 minutes out of my night to look at the Oposter and when I logged in today the OPoster is the 1st reply... which would make it seem like I am going crazy except for one thing, The original insult, the only reason I REPLIED at all is COMPLETELY missing from the OP (with new creator) and the 1st comment but there is no "edit".

^^is that because ATS removed just the offensive part of the comment? or is it possible that a thread had the original posted manipulated?
edit on 28-3-2016 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the op in question ^^^

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry if this is a little messy, I was building this topic with the users name and thread titles when i accidentally refreshed the wrong page and lost all my work... so I half assed it back.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So i'm sitting here confused.

You and me both!

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

did you take seroquil before bed and decide to stay up on ATS? That's happened to me before. Didn't remember subscribing to like 20 diff. threads and found out in the morning. Bunch of random ones I never would've clicked before too lol bedtime meds are for RIGHT before bed, no ATS-surfing, learned that the hard way

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yea understandable I'll work on taking on OP and the like by using full words. to clarify I think the thread was manipulated for some reason.

...Is it possible a shill got to close to the spotlight and ATS had to draw them away a little? I've liked and trusted this sight for years but I've seen this site do things that would make the owners intent seem questionable.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No drugs. Just a bit tired last night... I am wondering if I had a lapse in memory (which has never happened) only because this is odd. I remember it soo damn vividly Teddy insulted me, so I replied... DIdn't like his Hiliary support so I clicked his page, saw the threads he has there now with the OP but this morning I see his other threads and NO OP from lat night.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

How are you confused.. ?

I got everything this op said. Now let's say I insult this op and my post is completely removed without any note saying "off topic post removed" or "extreme t and c violations!" Just gone.. Then your name is on the opening post..

He read the other posters thread list.. Saw the other threads, remembered them. Went back to thread in question his post is just gone and the op changed and when he clicked their name the other threads in the thread list are obviously not there because it's not the same member anymore.

But with just this ops memory as only evidence there is nothing more to point out. I've seen some oddness myself.. I'd like to leave that alone for now. Sorry op you're on your own. But posts don't just disappear. If you posted in anger you would know you posted, it's memorable. And if that post is gone??

Let's hope you're not going crazy lol.
I doubt you are just being funny.

edit on 28-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Teddy is a known Hillary supporter - so that detail does check out. Question is whether or not they posted anything or not

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

How are you confused.. ?

I got everything this op said. Now let's say I insult this op and my post is completely removed without any note saying "off topic post removed" or "extreme t and c violations!" Just gone.. Then your name is on the opening post..

He read the other posters thread list.. Saw the other threads, remembered them. Went back to thread in question his post is just gone and the op changed and when he clicked their name the other threads in the thread list are obviously not there because it's not the same member anymore.

I want to clarify, my reply was marked removed and sits at the same spot.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

PS!!! my search history shows I go from the thread to his thread page ONLY and back from thread page to OP... I DIDIN"T HIT THE BACK BUTTON, I clicked the thread from the users profile of threads which still shows the two i remember from last night but no longer the OP

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Can you put a link to the thread, or is that against t&c's?

I usually find when I've been drinking and stupidly decide to just lurk, well I've posted all sorts of crap. The first time I realise I have been foolish, is when a white envelope appears when I next log in, with messages from mods pointing out the error of my ways.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Can you link is to the thread?

And ok your post still there, just blank.. Ok that's completely normal.

At the post above mine..
When I drink I just get applause and the white envelopes just say things like "I love you too" lol

edit on 28-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

That op is about Sanders over taking Hillary.

It's not pro Hillary.

I'm thinking you just got confused haha.

edit on 28-3-2016 by Reverbs because: Auto correct!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I put the thread in the OP. I was tired last night but not intoxicated. I hope this wasn't a lapse on my end but after reviewing my history in google chrome, I'm likely right.

link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Can you put a link to the thread, or is that against t&c's?

I usually find when I've been drinking and stupidly decide to just lurk, well I've posted all sorts of crap. The first time I realise I have been foolish, is when a white envelope appears when I next log in, with messages from mods pointing out the error of my ways.

Agreed nothing makes a hangover like a little white envelope and a bunch of messages about posts you have no memory of being removed.

link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

^^is that because ATS removed just the offensive part of the comment? or is it possible that a thread had the original posted manipulated?

Does it really matter? ATS isn't really obligated to inform you of every clean-up they do. Many times I have spent some serious time replying to an OP only to have the thread disappear out from underneath me. If the OP is informed, you'll never know. Stuff like that happens all the time. It's not worth worrying about.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Does it really matter? ATS isn't really obligated to inform you of every clean-up they do. Many times I have spent some serious time replying to an OP only to have the thread disappear out from underneath me. If the OP is informed, you'll never know. Stuff like that happens all the time. It's not worth worrying about.

It matters greatly. This thread isn't about threads or replies being deleted, it's about possible manipulation. Are you reading this thread at all? It is up to ATS to do as they please but we have an obligation to keep them in "check" and making sure they aren't manipulating our trust or interests.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

How are you confused.. ?

I think there was some confusion. My reply was deleted and marked as such on the thread. I don't have any problem with that at all as it was meant to be (I broke ToS), Im still trying to figure out if the OP was switched and would like to to tag along a little while longer just in case

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

have you tried a cached Google search, it seems unlikely that only you have noticed?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I remember the thread... The member you responded to wasn't the OP of the thread, he was just replying to the OP.

Then you got hit with a terms & conditions violation, because quite frankly, you were being an arsehole.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join