It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comprehensive Obama Interview and Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Very revealing article. Obama is very candid on this interview and story. Almost as if he already left office.

www.theatlantic.com...

..Obama, no confidence and doesn’t like Erdogan…thinks he an authoritarian

….Weary of Mideast….Very Weary of Saudi Arabia….Admits Libyan failure

…Fuming at Hillary over critique of ”don’t do stupid stuff” policy

…thinks allies should carry more of the burden

…Pakistan a failed state and not US ally

Full story and response about Syria, Russia, Ukraine, ISIS and much more

www.theatlantic.com...

Makes Obama sound reasonable but to me it proves was very unprepared to be president.

edit on 28-3-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Makes Obama sound reasonable but to me it proves was very unprepared to be president.

I saw this article. It makes him sound like the giant man-child he came across as in 2008.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Absolutely. He sounds like a president from Mars…He makes observations that prove he wasn’t ready to be a foreign policy president. Too much on the job training

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This paints a picture of what I suspect most if not all presidents truly are in the modern era (and perhaps for far longer than that.) Naive idealists (irrespective of their ideology or party or to which side they lean) buffeted and influenced to varying degrees by far more organized (and organizing) forces and interests. Go along with the agenda, and you're a hero. If the agenda fails, you're the fall guy. Don't go along with the agenda, get stonewalled and denied a legacy of any kind.

Not a fan or supporter of Obama personally. But despite disagreeing with much of his own platform and initiatives (though as with anyone, there are also things I do agree with,) I recognize - or at least believe - that the real architects of the prevailing long term agendas which guide global and national affairs are not our presidents. The presidency is a lightning rod and personification of people's hopes and desires for agency and the ability to act; they are our imagined vicarious agents of change and security and a way forward. And then when they turn out to not be that, they are the receptacles of our disappointment, outrage, and indignation.

But the status quo, and the long term agendas, are maintained. At most they are briefly disrupted or delayed. For all our pretense to power to affect change, and our disgruntlement when it doesn't come or fails to take the shape we wish, we are powerless. We have the illusion of choice. Which is in effect no choice at all.

I hope I'm wrong. But I'm still waiting to be shown I am. So far no candidate, party, or platform has done so. The only real agitators for change that had substantial impact of the kind we imagine presidents might achieve, have always existed outside of politics. And have always been assassinated for their contributions to humanity.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He had tons of experience.
-Community organizer.
-Illinois state senator.
-Jr US Senator for Illinois.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Willtell

He had tons of experience.
-Community organizer.
-Illinois state senator.
-Jr US Senator for Illinois.

Obama didn’t know anything about history or foreign policy. Neither do any of these clowns running now...

Obama isn't a dummy like Bush but he’s no heavyweight either

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Obama is a fraud, imo, always was and always will be.

So this article is more propaganda to make Obama try to write his legacy as a reasonable moderate Liberal.

He’s actually one of the most sinister puppets ever to be in the white House.

Indeed if there ever was a Manchurian candidate Obama is the guy.

He claims he was against what happened in Libya. But this guy let Hillary Clinton and the other two witches in his administration Susan Rice and Samantha Powers talk him into ruining Libya and he pretends it was an honest mistake!

He claims he despises the Saudis, yet bowed to them when meeting them.

new topics

top topics

join