It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron & UKagainstDaesh Silent After Liberation of Palmyra Over ISIS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
David Cameron and the British media campaign UKagainstDaesh had being Silent After Liberation of Palmyra Over ISIS for two days straight there has no being no news updates nor tweets by either of their offices.

The Russians started asking why?
Russia questions UK silence on retaking Palmyra from ISIS

Isnt that surprising? you would think those who are in favor destroying ISIS are not celebrating it. And CNN suggested

"Not a major victory for Assad" just symbolic.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

For what it is worth the BBC news channel is reporting it, but yeah, no comment from any government ministers etc.
It's hard to think what the truth is in that region anymore.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Here in the states they kind of overlook it, too. Kind of hard to claim we are against the very people we hired to 'make Assad go'.

The Russians for their part are glad to along with the US claims of fighting terrorists except they are actually helping Syria destroy therm… all of them.

Their viewpoint remains, if it looks like a terrorist, acts like a terrorist and runs like a terrorist… its a terrorist.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yet that only shows there double standards when it comes to the issue of terrorism. If you are agaisnt terrorism you would be supporting that country that is fighting a proxy war which was started by the west in order to drive out the Iranians and Russians.

Yet Westerns actions in the region had made Iranians and Russians stronger claims of them keeping the region more stable . A future American Republican president striking Iran with military response make American look the villain again.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So who is the villain again?
Seems to me that the whole of it is contrived and it wouldn't surprise me if at the top they are secretly all mates.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Isnt that surprising?

Not really , they backed the wrong horse and now Putin's intervention seems to be paying dividends.
I'm sure if the ousting of Daesh from their stronghold of Palmyra had been due to coalition efforts the press and visual news would be full of how we got em on the run.

Putin wins again.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Too many mouths to feed, too many doctors nurses to pay for, too many school teachers and schools, just too many...

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why would they celebrate a Russian backed victory?

Even if it is against a common enemy, a common enemy which has undertaken such abhorrent acts on other human beings.

I for one, will never forget the weekly propaganda videos the MSM were happy to show us, ramming fear and terror into the everyday life of everyday folk.

Someone should be belting out, what a great achievement this is, but all I have heard from the British Government is silence, which speaks volumes.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

1. They were cheering their so called western air strikes agaisnt the group.

2.If they dont celebrate the success it would just further expose them on the stage. Just like how the American Spokesperson the other day had a hard time swallowing the defeat of ISIS in that ancient city.

That was quite a telling.
edit on 28-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

?? Why would a future American Republican president strike Iran with military response ??

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Cameron will never congratulate the Russians or Assad on anything at all. Russia has been the British governments enemy number 1 since 1945. It will never congratulate Moscow over anything and do anything to run it down. Russian scientists can find the total cure for cancer and Cameron will not mention a thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I don't know, my Dad came over for dinner yesterday and told me about it (he must have seen/read it on MSM as he is a technophobe) and then I saw it on the BBC news later on.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn

2.If they dont celebrate the success it would just further expose them on the stage. Just like how the American Spokesperson the other day had a hard time swallowing the defeat of ISIS in that ancient city.

They were and it does indeed.

That's why I stated that the British Government's silence, speaks volumes. What is really going on here? Geopolitics? Even when you have a so called common enemy in the guise of Daesh?

Are they quiet because, they were hoping Daesh would consume Assad's resistance making it easier for the more moderate rebels to make a break through? You know, the rebels that only kill moderately.

It has been claimed that it's the West's wish for Syria to be carved up, this silence from the British Government hints that it could well be true.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: TaleDawn

They were and it does indeed.

That's why I stated that the British Government's silence, speaks volumes. What is really going on here? Geopolitics? Even when you have a so called common enemy in the guise of Daesh?

Are they quiet because, they were hoping Daesh would consume Assad's resistance making it easier for the more moderate rebels to make a break through? You know, the rebels that only kill moderately.

It has been claimed that it's the West's wish for Syria to be carved up, this silence from the British Government hints that it could well be true.

They will never applaud anything where Russia has been a success. Never happened before, the Cameron government does not like Russia. Added to this the US and UK governments are absolutely terrified of the spontaneous (lol) Arab Spring in Syri not going their way because there is a very real chance that Assad and his power base is going to win this one and that is going to mean Iranian Revolutionay Guard in part control of the eastern Mediterannean with their troops manning the coastline and that is totally mental to anybody out there

new topics

top topics

join