It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Ancient Petroglyphs, ‘Dramatic’ Solar Calendar Reported in N. Arizona

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Thank you for that info. Is it cordoned off in any way?

When we visited (in the early 80's) we could drive through the canyon, the link I brought says access is limited to hiking now.

They are afraid of vandals now. People actually cutout the pictures and sell them to collectors. So yah, they may take measures to keep people away. Just looking at them and wonderment about people living there was enough for me.

I'm sure you could do a search and find some that are accessible by driving. Although the more remote and quiet the more mystical the place is. These places are off the beaten path it is really quiet out there in the desert. If you are from the city the silence is… deafening.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Godthief

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: intrptr

Thank you for that info. Is it cordoned off in any way? I would love to just put my hand on the rock even if I had to crawl lol.. Not directly on a glyph though.

I wouldn't claim to be a sensitive or psychic. I just think I appreciate ancient monuments and spirtual places enough that being there exhilarates me well beyond regular tourism.

Apologies for going a bit off topic...
you can climb if you want but it's that kind of appreciation that gets you access to really get the full experience.
that makes you psychic. Prepare to be disappointed by that #. Telepathy is kinda cool i guess but it's so unreliable, I don't even use it. Telekinesis is the # though.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I'm amazed at the description of how well the solar calendar works, pinpointing high noon with precision.

A stick in the ground does that. A rock face is more permanent though.

mud. I usually don't correct people but the proper term is "stick in the mud".

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that maybe these ancient calenders were more like tools they used to do things like disappear from the face of the earth because why not just use a stick in the mud right. Thanks interpreter.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Godthief because: Wanted to add the thanks to the other member.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wingz
I find any type of ancient glyph fascinating, sort of a-kin to their form of old-school texting (if I can be so liberal with that terminology).

Something I've found frequently associated with these (worldwide) is the circular glyph (sometimes a vortex with such). Just to the right of the Light-bar calendar is one of these infinity-like circles.. does anyone want to harbor a guess to it's meaning?

It looks like a spiral. That can mean many things; the universe/galaxy, the cycle of life/fertility (baby/child/teenager/mother/aunt), or energy flow (magnetic fields spiral around a path of electric current, these can be a "sink" with energy going in or a "source with energy coming out, orbit of the earth around the Sun, the Solar Cycle.

I can imagine they first started with sticks or stones to create a calendar, but those weren't very permanent or warm at night, so they build a tent, then a house, and finally a mound with engraved stones.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

Good point.Britain has LOTS of caves (and an infinitely long coastline).Not all the caves can have been thoroughly explored.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join