It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smuggler caught by Border Patrol 24 times is sentenced to prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is just one more example of how screwed up our southern borders are. I did a thread a couple of years ago about the catch and release program whereby if caught with less than 150 pounds of weed, the weed was taken and the perp was released.. I guess it takes 24 times being caught smuggling illegals before someone takes you serious.. Many stories from out border patrol guys and unfortunately mostly all bad... Not to mention the possibility of losing your job if you say something.. Oh, in this case he did finally get 5 years... want to bet he does not serve his full term ?

www.cnn.com...

He was caught by Border Patrol in October, marking the 24th time Delgado-Rosales had been apprehended by the agency since July 1999, according to officials.
The other times he was nabbed, he was not charged.
He was processed and deported to Mexico, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Alexandra Foster, where Delgado-Rosales is a citizen.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I would of thought being caught 23 times would of been a sign of not being that good at it. Some peoples stupidity never ceases to amaze me! Lol

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid
I would of thought being caught 23 times would of been a sign of not being that good at it. Some peoples stupidity never ceases to amaze me! Lol

What's stupider? The smuggler who's been released 23 times or the system that released him? I say number 2. If it took 24 DWI's before somebody took your license you'd have a lot of drunk people crashing into each other

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm honestly beginning to think that money spent on "border controls" in the US is just a waste. If US government can't do any better than this, why bother to try.

Maybe the better thing to do would be to contract out the job of border control to some outfit like Black Rock and then tell them to simply photograph and fingerprint everyone coming across the border, but to otherwise just wave them on.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I'm honestly beginning to think that money spent on "border controls" in the US is just a waste. If US government can't do any better than this, why bother to try.

Maybe the better thing to do would be to contract out the job of border control to some outfit like Black Rock and then tell them to simply photograph and fingerprint everyone coming across the border, but to otherwise just wave them on.

Oh kinda like Europe has been doing ?

Another question is if he has been caught 24 times how many times was he successful and never caught..

Trump says, a wall he will build. Everyone thinks of steel and concrete. But there are ways to make electronic walls that are much cheaper and certainly more effective than than any 30 foot fixed structure.. But you still have to have guards who will be able to apprehend those who cross the electronic wall and places to take them when captured/ not catch and release.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The dude was smuggling drugs!

The border is a joke.

It's a sad state we are in.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Well, yes, I'm sure there are more modern ways to wall a country off........but honestly, knowing as we do that the US government has for decades now lost control of the borders and has failed to track and document who's in the country, what does it really matter anymore. You must realize, I'd think, that when the "undocumented" are tagged, they are given a piece of paper telling them to appear at a court at a date, typically 6 months in the future, and that the vast majority never appear, but rather......travel to another US city to find work. The entire system is like a giant cheese cloth.

What's really maddening is that these people aren't really "undocumented"; people born in Mexico get birth certificates and later, Drivers licenses. The problem comes when they want to enter the US, can't get a visa and then slip through the net to enter the country. If we just waived the visa requirement and only required they "register" at the port of entry, we'd at least know who's coming in.

I don't know, but its a mess.

new topics

top topics

join