It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas lawmakers want to pay students who 'out' trans students

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
The information about balancing hormones and only blockers being necessary once levels balanced came from her.

I would seriously question this to make sure you are understanding correctly. I assume you are on Spironoloctone or Finasteride to block the T and estrogen in some form? Estrace or another bioidentical Estradiol maybe and hopefully not Premarin. If you are taking oral estrogen, it should be sublingually (under the tongue) rather than swallowing them but transdermal patches and injections are safer and easier on the liver. Some docs add micronized Progesterone, some don't. If you are not satisfied with your breast development, ask about trying it.

You should not take Spiro after having an orchiectomy. There are actually risks to Spiro in addition to whatever there may be from estrogen. Sometimes Finasteride is used after an orch, just depends on your levels, acknowledging what you said about testosterone being produced in places other than the testicles.

BUT, the only blockers/anti-androgens thing? Not if you want feminization. You won't produce enough natural estrogen (which also comes from places other than the ovaries). Theoretically, if you have an orchiectomy, your testosterone should drop to or near natal female levels. This does not mean that without exogenous estrogen, your estrogen levels will be at or above natal female levels or the ratio of E to T be sufficient for results or even maintenance. You can reduce your estrogen dosage after an orchiectomy but I've never heard or read it can be stopped totally. Post SRS women take estrogen for the rest of their life and I've never heard of any taking anti-androgens except for possibly a brief time after surgery.

It is really up to you to be an informed consumer and I might suggest things you heard on the Internet, probably from a transgender community forum, should not be taken as gospel without doing your own research from professional sources.

This is interesting but I'm concerned we're off topic and may get shut down. Feel free to U2U me if you want.

edit on 4/1/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

I know this post isn't finished but I'd star it twice if I could.

Cool tip with the under the tounge.

Not sure what U2U, assuming PM? I'm unfamiliar with ATS.

Ontopic: Legislation like this will never last anyway. Between the rape cases and the Apple boycott, people in support of this discrimination will get so much spotlight in the next week, it will be career ending.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join