It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas lawmakers want to pay students who 'out' trans students

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
wow...glad I moved....goodbye KS.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I must reiterate, these guests that lectured our class, were still changing. One had a histrectomy, theY both still had female cha, chas...

Thanks for posting

Any you paid big money to sit thru this class why?

Yea, let's talk about why taking loans out for college is a waste.......

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Well, I say since they actually learned something that changed their whole understanding of this issue, it's not a waste of time or money.

Perhaps you should invest in bettering your own education as well. Judging by your Avatar though I'm guessing you're quite happy with your current understanding of things.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Well, I say since they actually learned something that changed their whole understanding of this issue, it's not a waste of time or money.

Perhaps you should invest in bettering your own education as well. Judging by your Avatar though I'm guessing you're quite happy with your current understanding of things.

I am much smarter. I can go to a local gay bar and discuss the issues with the trans folk there for free rather than borrow money and then bitch about having to repay it?

Bottom line? Learning about it does absolutely NOTHING to prepare me for a job in the real world......
edit on 27-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I am much smarter. I can go to a local gay bar and discuss the issues with the trans folk there for free rather than borrow money and then bitch about having to repay it?

Bottom line? Learning about it does absolutely NOTHING to prepare me for a job in the real world......

Ahhh....So that's you're excuse for going to the gay bars huh?!?!? You're just there to discuss the issues.

The point though is that he actually learned something from the experience. Which actually might help him in getting a job in the real world. Or keeping the job he has. You never know. I've heard of more than one person who's been fired for being intolerant to others at their place of work.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

totaly agree, i worked for a while with a trans male>female, almost totaly woman and i tell you by the end of the first month i had forgot she was once a dude and had to keep reminding myself not to flirt with this chick as she was a dude. once you get into the rhythm of a 12 hour day and the person you are with talks, walks , acts, thinks, has better breasts and has mannerisms just like any woman you have ever been with, it really messes with your head.
have to say great experience, made a new friend. and to the unbelievers out there, after my experience i can truly say you could be standing next to a proper transgender person or having a conversation and not notice.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Please let me jump in here to see if I can help with the understanding of all this? I am familiar what is going on and have information about all this I can share so people can hopefully gain a better informed perspective. I know about and advocate for transgender children and their families and am intimately familiar with the issues.

I posted this in another thread yesterday in somewhat of a riled up mood but will elaborate further below.

TRANSGENDER PEOPLE HAVE BEEN USING BATHROOMS FOREVER!! This isn't something new. In the 17 states and 255 cities that have laws to permit trans people to use the bathroom that matches their gender identity, not one single incident has been recorded. Come on ATS people, don't be played that this is some kind of threat - it is not. Talk about your false flag and fear mongering! This whole trans bathroom thing is backlash from marriage equality. This discrimination is part of the official platform of The Republican National Committee's Anti-Trans jihad and is reprehensible.

Additional reading:
Anti-Transgender Bathroom Bills: Common Sense and Nonsense
All She Wants? To Not Have to Show Her Birth Certificate to Pee
North Carolina Enacts Law To Allow LGBT Discrimination

These laws fail to take into consideration that now a man dressed as a man can use the woman's bathroom claiming to be transgender. No need to bother with that silly dress up business. It also means the men that are transgender will have to use the woman's bathroom.

Most people don't understand about transgender children or have the facts or have a strong belief that trans kids are nuts and their parents should be shot. Common arguments go something like: kids are to young to know what they are or young horny boys will claim to be transgender to get into the girls bathroom or changing room or even the more basic, penis=boys room, vagina=girls room. It isn't that simple.

Putting prejudice and misconceptions aside for a moment, who are these transgender kids menacing school bathrooms all across the country? Here's a spotter's guide to help collect your $2,500 bounty and a tip - transgender girls are not boys.

Here is some info about transgender kids and a little of what some of them go through. Many transition socially very young and some transition around puberty and during high school. What transition is to a pre-pubescent child is purely social. A change of clothing, hair style, name and pronouns. They are given no drugs, have no surgery of any kind and undergo constant therapy, counseling and professional evaluation as do their parents and often siblings. This is not done on a whim, not a phase for these children and it is a very difficult thing for everyone involved.

Commonly, at puberty "blocker" drugs are given that prevent unwanted physical changes that would be very distressing to these kids and make their adult lives ever so much difficult. These are often given for several years and cause no physical changes keeping the child in a basically pre-pubescent state. Should a child desist in their gender identification, which may occasionally happen (the 80% desist thing is a myth), if blockers are stopped, normal puberty that matches the gonads will ensue. Most children don't like being lagged behind their peers and will beg for hormones so they will develop the secondary sex characteristics of others. At 14 to 16, estrogen or testosterone is administered so that they do. It is very rare in the U.S. to perform sex reassignment surgery any time before the age of 18.

So if you are a parent of one of these rare children that have gender dysphoria, the medical diagnosis for this condition, what do you do? You love and support your kids and try to make their lives be as normal and happy as possible. You want them to have friends, you want them to fit in and in all aspects, you want them to treated and respected like every other kid. You want them to have the same opportunities and bright futures as everyone else in spite of their hidden differences but now some idiots want to put a bounty on their heads and force these transgender girls and boys into the facilities that are wrong for them, putting them at risk and causing psychological damage.

Really now, do you think the transgender girls like those above are going to stand at a urinal to pee, expose themselves in a changing room or do anything at all to draw attention to what for them is an unwanted, undesirable birth defect?

I've heard all the arguments before such as "I won't have MY daughter in the bathroom with one of these transgenders" but ask yourself, what would you want for your daughter if she was transgender?

Thanks for enduring my rant.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ReadLeader

Why in the hell can't we just let people be people?

It's none of the governments business!

Because if I had an adolescent daughter, I don't think a grown man with a cock should be in the same bathroom with her, showering in the same showers, or changing in the same room. If it would be inappropriate for a father to be in and change in the same room as his ten year old daughter and she in his presence, then why should it be any different with a stranger? Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Edit: To clarify: IIf the trans person in question had her male equipment removed then it would be different. That I support. But as far as I know, teenage transgenders typically have everything intact because they are still going through puberty. That means teenage biological boys with penises, and going through a ton of hormonal changes will have access to female locker rooms. Does that sound like a smart idea to you?
edit on 27-3-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

You should read the post above yours very carefully and with an open mind.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Because if I had an adolescent daughter, I don't think a grown man with a cock should be in the same bathroom with her, showering in the same showers, or changing in the same room. If it would be inappropriate for a father to be in and change in the same room as his ten year old daughter and she in his presence, then why should it be any different with a stranger? Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Wait a minute, this is idiotic. So you have had men whip out their penis in full view for everyone to see? I have been using the men's bathroom for years and have yet to see another man's penis. How about the ladies, how many have you had women flash their genitals in the washroom?

With or without their original genitals, a transgender still identifies as the opposite sex. It is your fear and bigotry that is the issue. I don't know how many transgenders have used the washroom with me because no one has ever said, hey I am transgender using the washroom or even had a man say, real man here using the washroom.

Of course if I looked real hard maybe, I would know. I tend to mind my own business in the washroom as do most people.
edit on 27-3-2016 by FullBloodedNative because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

It appears to be an attempt to help stop people with penises from going into people with vaginas bathrooms and vice versa.

I have no problem with that.

The conservatives have it wrong on this issue if they still are trying to avoid the topic.

If there is no place for people to go who fit the criteria of transitional, whether it be by neutral single person at a time use bathrooms, or the more "extreme" (but remarkably less expensive) go with your identity;

they are in essence criminalizing the private details of a person when sewage laws and human waste laws and standards of public or private relief continue to exist.

When criminal or civil penalties are the answer to noncompliance towards public defecation and urination this is sort of a problem.
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

kansas can't afford it's own bills,yet they want to pay to out gay's? I wonder where the next terrorist bomb will be..Why doe's Nebraska corn lean south? Because Kansas sucks.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

Wait a minute, this is idiotic. So you have had men whip out their penis in full view for everyone to see? I have been using the men's bathroom for years and have yet to see another man's penis. How about the ladies, how many have you had women flash their genitals in the washroom?

With or without their original genitals, a transgender still identifies as the opposite sex. It is your fear and bigotry that is the issue. I don't know how many transgenders have used the washroom with me because no one has ever said, hey I am transgender using the washroom or even had a man say, real man here using the washroom.

Of course if I looked real hard maybe, I would know. I tend to mind my own business in the washroom as do most people.

Maybe you never showered or changed in the high school locker room, maybe you haven't been to a gym. I won't say another male has flashed their genitals intentionally, but I have seen other men's genitals in passing. Maybe you lucked out. Either way, if other girls are subject to seeing an intact male, then they have been sexually assaulted or harrased, (and I'm using the Progressive Feminist definition, the one that says unwanted eyes on a woman's body constitutes sexual harrasment) victimized because someone else didn't want to use the bathroom according to their genitalia. What about those girls rights? Do they matter less because they believe they are the gender they were born into, like 99%+ of the population?
edit on 27-3-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I am kind of on the fence about the whole thing. One the one hand, I support transgender rights. On the other hand, I support those people who don't want to be forced to use the same washroom as transgenders, either due to ignorance or fear.

I guess it comes down to choice and whether you have it or not. I do not believe in forcing people to do something they are not comfortable with. Sure transgenders have rights but do their rights trump another person's rights? Does another's rights trump transgender rights?

Damn such a conundrum.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

I am kind of on the fence about the whole thing. One the one hand, I support transgender rights. On the other hand, I support those people who don't want to be forced to use the same washroom as transgenders, either due to ignorance or fear.

I guess it comes down to choice and whether you have it or not. I do not believe in forcing people to do something they are not comfortable with. Sure transgenders have rights but do their rights trump another person's rights? Does another's rights trump transgender rights?

Damn such a conundrum.

I agree. I take much less issue with the concept if the Trans person has the genitals they identify with. With men without testicles produce less testosterone, and if they don't have a penis, they can't use it to rape a female. And, in the cases where genitals may be accidentally exposed, females won't be exposed to a penis and testicles.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You do know people can rape without a penis and rape is not about sex, it is about control. Women are also capable of raping other women as are men with other men.

What you just said was full of ignorance and irrational fear. If you're that afraid of rape, maybe stay away from other people all together.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Alien Abduct

a reply to: Raxoxane If you had a sex change from a vagina to a penis then you go to the bathroom where all the other penises go. ....because you now have a penis

Caitlyn Jenner, for example, has a penis. How comfortable would you be with your 6 year old son seeing Caitlyn Jenner whipping it out at a urinal in the men's room?

How comfortable would you be with you 6 year old daughter sharing the lady's room with a "transgendered" bearded man that still has female anatomy?

Right, both situations would be awkward.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I swear..... another closet case passing a law to make him look straight.

Ive got Gender dysphoria myself. And IF i ever get a chance to ill change myself to fit my true gender. I have to ask though WHo in the world goes into a bathroom looking to see another persons junk?

There such a thing as bathroom STALLS. ingenious things made to obscure you when doing your business. Girls and Transgenders BOTH can sit on the toilet to pee. And No one sees their junk.

I assume this bill is aimed at masculine men who are transgender(claimed) trying to see women. And vice versa. Still its a stupid bill.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I agree. I take much less issue with the concept if the Trans person has the genitals they identify with. With men without testicles produce less testosterone, and if they don't have a penis, they can't use it to rape a female. And, in the cases where genitals may be accidentally exposed, females won't be exposed to a penis and testicles.

Another poster said you were full of ignorance and irrational fear. I could add a few things but I won't go there. I would like to discuss your wife and daughter's genitals instead. Speaking of your daughter, let's talk about her body, her vagina and how her overpowering hormones may have her fueled with uncontrollable lust and passion. Oh I forgot, she doesn't know what a penis is and the dear thing has probably never had an impure thought in her life or seen a picture on the Internet.

Beyond the sarcasm I had to get out of my system, there are some things about transgender kids and people in general that you are either failing to grasp or choose to remain willfully ignorant about. I know I'm talking into the wind here but maybe someone else reading will take what I say to heart?

Because we apparently must discuss the bodies of children, I will proceed. First of all, most of the trans kids these days that are approaching or about to begin puberty are put on medication so their bodies and hormones do not undergo the changes from puberty. For those girls that were assigned male at birth, this means their unwanted boy bits don't turn in to the weapons of carnage and mass destruction you imagine nor is testosterone circulating through their brains turning them into raging nymphomaniacs. Just to reiterate, puberty blockers only block puberty and they do the same thing to both natal males and females

At the time a a young trans girl is ready to start cross sex hormone therapy so she can develop the curvy body and feminine features experienced by her natal female peers when they go through puberty, the blockers are stopped because they prevent these changes. Testosterone blockers are then administered to counter the body's natural propensity to produce it and the female hormone estrogen is administered effectively sending our trans girl into the same puberty changes natal girls experience with the exception of menstruation. Endocrinologists routinely monitor our blossoming trans girl to ensure her hormone levels are on par with her natally born female peers.

That's as far as I'm going to go with that and I'll let you draw your own conclusions and make your own mental imagery from there as to how sexually functional or driven they would be even if they didn't consider those parts disgusting and embarrassing birth defects.

I will say also that most of these trans girls are probably a lot more interested in having boyfriends than they are girlfriends.

Just in case you want to think more about about how these transgender kids and teens are such a huge danger to other girls in their school, I've made another spotter's guide so you can see how mean and threatening they are.

Your kids are safe. The trans kids are the ones at risk. Transgender kids are who they say they are.

edit on 3/28/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
As someone TSG I'll give some notes and thoughts,

First, believe it or not, the bathroom you use is linked to the sex on your ID, not anything physical about you. If it says male, you use the men's room. If it says female you use the women's rest room. What's interesting about this is you're actually able to change the sex on your license without confirming anything other than a therapist signature. You don't need a sexchange at all, and once you have an ID you are 'grandfathered' in generally just 'trusting' that you will eventually have a sex change. I personally understand this but saw some immediately obvious issues...I declined my 'advance' on the license.

Anyway my personal issues is the Testosterone in my body. Blockers only do so much compared to having the stuff removed. I don't plan on having boobs until I'm in my 30's. Without boobs, I will be able to pass for male or female nearly whenever I want and this seems super convenient compared to transgenders that 'trial run' boobs or have them done first, and are in some kind of weird spot with male AND female parts. I seriously doubt any guy will catch me with a vagina in the men's room, or will they care. The issue clearly is the sexual nature of having a penis in the girls room. Girls are sexually predisposed way too early in society these days and it makes perfect sense why this has some people upset.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join